Chat. Happy or grumpy. We’re here for it all.

Options
Good news: I had a dr appointment the other day and she specifically said my balance issue is “not in your head”
Which was kitten GREAT TO HEAR

And I have to go to physical therapy. Again.
And I got a referral to the balance disorder clinic in The Big City. Which is going to be a pain to get to. But I’ll deal.

Replies

• NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Good news: I had a dr appointment the other day and she specifically said my balance issue is “not in your head”
    Which was kitten GREAT TO HEAR

And I have to go to physical therapy. Again.
    And I got a referral to the balance disorder clinic in The Big City. Which is going to be a pain to get to. But I’ll deal.

That’s great to hear about the balance being real and can be worked on. Good luck with PT and traffic.

I’ve had some really stressful stuff going on this last week and balancing things has been rough, but I started back to exercising last week with success until I overdid, sooo today is going to be all about rest, icing inflammation and trying to get some sleep. I don’t feel too bad about the day off like normal. Today the air quality, from wildfire smoke is, “emergency” level and everyone is being encouraged to stay indoors.
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @MargaretYakoda glad to hear some progress made with the Dr! good luck with everything

• Jem594
    Options
    @NerdyScienceGrl sorry you're struggling with things right now. Hopefully some rest will make things better. I empathize with the smoke issues (I have asthma). I know they are terrible all over.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    edited September 2021
    Options
    This is just boo-hooing to get some frustration out. Sometimes it helps just to say it…

Inflammation is currently the Bain of my existence! The anti-inflammatories aren’t working, the steroids were only effective in giving me uncontrollable munchies, diet, heat, ice… all of it a wash atm.

nbjpoke3qx68.gif

I’ve been avoiding the never ending loop of doctors visits, seeing the surgeon, and PT. It may be time to give in…

What a literal pain in the *kitten*. 😂
  • Jem594
    Options
    let it out! hope you feel better soon.

rus42nkiqfgy.png
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,293 Member
    Options
    This is just boo-hooing to get some frustration out. Sometimes it helps just to say it…

Inflammation is currently the Bain of my existence! The anti-inflammatories aren’t working, the steroids were only effective in giving me uncontrollable munchies, diet, heat, ice… all of it a wash atm.

nbjpoke3qx68.gif

I’ve been avoiding the never ending loop of doctors visits, seeing the surgeon, and PT. It may be time to give in…

What a literal pain in the *kitten*. 😂

Same. I avoided it as long as I can.
    And now I have to..

I might get prescribed steroids, depending on what the balance clinic decides. Probably months away.
    If that happens, I would like to pick your brains on how to avoid massive gains.
    Because dog gone it. I don’t want to go through all this just to gain it all back immediately.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    3t29pyne4da4.jpeg

I’m thinking of ordering a few hundred business cards… 😂
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    I might get prescribed steroids, depending on what the balance clinic decides. Probably months away.
    If that happens, I would like to pick your brains on how to avoid massive gains.
    Because dog gone it. I don’t want to go through all this just to gain it all back immediately.

Sure! I’ve had both cortisone shots as well as oral corticosteroids. They both were highly advantageous at first but are also the devil in disguise.
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and happy Wednesday!! It is a beautiful day here in SW Ohio. Took the grandbaby out for a walk and to the playground for a bit, and am now recooperating on the sofa while he watches blue's clues lol. I'm hoping fall weather is here to stay, not a huge fan of summer and the bugs and heat it brings. Maybe that will change when I get rid of more of this weight and I'm not sweating profusely lol.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Sounds like a nice way to spend some time.

I buckled down and just got back from a 2-mile hike and am hopeful not too pay for it too much. Going to hydrate, ice my back and focus on work again! 😊
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    I have been avoiding exercise for a couple weeks. Because I pushed too hard.

Tonight is the night. I’m back on my NuStep!
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    1823hwv3aimx.jpeg
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Well. I didn’t exercise last night either. Even when I said I would.
    I promise I will get to it today. I’ll send a pic to prove it.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    Sometimes the hardest part is putting on the shoes and the internal conversation. You got this Margaret! You know your body and what you can handle.

e050z0m1vm9g.gif

After work, I had a really nice long yoga session last night that felt amazing! Until this morning… pain, swelling, and heat. Yikes! But, icing and working through it. Just more motivation to make a dr apt. 😁

How is everyone? Anything good happen?
  • Jem594
    Options
    aoxw34mxnbqz.png
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Sometimes the hardest part is putting on the shoes and the internal conversation. You got this Margaret! You know your body and what you can handle.

e050z0m1vm9g.gif

After work, I had a really nice long yoga session last night that felt amazing! Until this morning… pain, swelling, and heat. Yikes! But, icing and working through it. Just more motivation to make a dr apt. 😁

How is everyone? Anything good happen?

I DID THE THING!
    d8sph5aei81a.jpeg
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    Hopefully it felt good!

rum6amws1p2h.gif

It’s Friday! Yay! Raining for the first time in too long with a high in the 60s. I’m pretty happy about it — was in the 90s the last few days and was socked in with smoke. Going into the office for awhile and may skip out a little early. Hope everyone has a great day! 😊
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    2afgtshl6wk6.jpeg
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm having my morning coffee and watching some Golden Girls. Marissa had to be at work at 6 am so I've got Charlie . We went back to bed when I got him to my house lol. It's going to be a nice day outside so once the baby wakes up I might take him to the park.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    Good morning! A trip to the park sounds like fun! I haven’t decided what to do with my day yet. I’m a little tired, so maybe what feels like a much needed day or R&R 😊