Fearless October 2021 Challenge

Options

Replies

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    So far so good with October. I didn't log my dinner last night (I get lazy after work) so I just entered it now so I can stay committed to tracking everything. Took a couple of rest days but back to activity today through Monday. Packing and prepping the camper for the weekend plus a lunch cardio workout. Then we are off for a weekend of hiking. Low carb meals all planned and looking forward to campfires with friends.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    10/7:
    Back on the horse yesterday... Rode 19.5 miles in the morning and did push-ups later to work my upper body. Food for the day was good - protein good at 106 grams and carbs also good at 144 grams net. Weight was down this morning so that is going in the right direction as well.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    10/6 food on point... haven't worked out since Monday 10/4 due to me falling on our walk ... very bruised and swollen leg and swollen ankle ...I hope I can get back out there on Monday

I'm so sorry you got hurt! Please don't push yourself though! Make sure you are truly healed before attempting more exercise, or switch to something that doesn't cause more stress to your leg. Heal quickly!
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Sounds good @homesteaderjo ! Great plans! Welcome by the way! Love your photograph!! Did you take that yourself and where?!? Gorgeous!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,878 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - hope you heal quickly!!!

Thank you so much @ccrdragon :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    New here ... just started the 30 day free premium trial today but have used the free version a time or two. It's time to get more serious :)
    October is already a week in so I'm a little late, however I HAVE been maintaining a new walking goal and am looking to add in some other form of exercise. Also, I need to get more strict with my diet. SOOOOO ... here are my October goals:
    * PLAN MY MEALS ... 'fail to plan, plan to fail'.
    * LOG MY MEALS ... I can see the benefit of pre-logging in order to get a good idea of what's what for the day, and I will do my best to pre-log for the remainder of October to see how it goes. But, LOGGING in general is the base.
    * LOW CARB ... right now I'd call my diet "lower carb" but not "low carb"; I'd like to be more strict for the rest of this month. To me this means more low-carb veggies, no bites of treats or cookies or cakes [really, all I take is a bite or two, but I need to get out of that habit and just make it an occasional thing instead of a several-time-a-week thing], and paying closer attention to macros while not sacrificing nutrient-dense.
    * EXERCISE ... continue my morning walk [been walking every morning for 2 miles], but also be more consistent about stretching daily and adding in 3 more days of exercise beyond the walking [beginning strength-building exercises mainly]

I think that's good for now. Thanks!

Welcome!!!
  • russellholtslander1
    russellholtslander1 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I like this idea.. set challenges, and meet them. Gives you focus, and you can set them at whatever you like, so you can push yourself a bit, but not have a goal you will fail at.

My main goal is to stick to Carnivore, which I started on 9/11. So eat on plan for the rest of this month. That will hopefully result in me reaching 245 by the end of the month.. 10.4 lbs. lost. My second goal.

I am currently 255.4 obviously, down from 280.6 on 9/11. As my weight loss has slowed down, to under a lb. a day, I'm looking for a longer term goal to use as a measure of my progress. I still need to weigh in daily for health reasons, but comparing it to my goal for the end of the month, and watching it drop, hopefully won't seem as slow, as seeing a 4/10ths of a lb. drop in one day. Maybe give me a different perspective.. being 50% to goal, for example.

• ccrdragon
    Options
    10/9:
    Food yesterday was good, protein and carbs were both good.
    Exercise - rode 19 miles in the morning, then was a total slug the rest of the day...

Did my long ride for the week this morning... chores around the house and added some more Halloween decorations to the house.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    10/7-10/9
    Still plugging away at planning ahead to ensure I’m making healthy choices. I’m doing better on portions too however today I was feeling hangry and overdid it at dinner. I still find I eat lightly to satisfaction during the day and like bigger meals at night. I’ve balanced this a bit by eating fairly early so I’m not going to bed full. I’ve been weighing in daily for Noom and am the lightest I’ve been in two years. That makes me happy but in looking back I’ve stayed within a 9 pound range so if I can break past that I’ll be feeling quite good and start looking to maintain. 6 pounds to goal!
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! I did really good all week, but didn't stay on track last night. Went out to dinner with my husband, even looked at the menu in advance and say they had chicken wings - perfect! Ordered them and when they arrived they were clearly breaded. Rookie mistake, I usually double check when I order but I forgot. I didn't want to make a scene, and we had already awhile for our food, so I tried to pick the breading off, but did end up eating some. I felt guilty afterwards, so to assuage my guilt I had some real ice-cream... Ugh. Back on track today, drinking my black coffee and tons of water. I skipped my long run yesterday because we are at our beach house doing some home improvement projects, but I did fit in a lovely 3-mile walk on the beach with my dog. There's still 21 days in October, plenty of time for success!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I like this idea.. set challenges, and meet them. Gives you focus, and you can set them at whatever you like, so you can push yourself a bit, but not have a goal you will fail at.

My main goal is to stick to Carnivore, which I started on 9/11. So eat on plan for the rest of this month. That will hopefully result in me reaching 245 by the end of the month.. 10.4 lbs. lost. My second goal.

I am currently 255.4 obviously, down from 280.6 on 9/11. As my weight loss has slowed down, to under a lb. a day, I'm looking for a longer term goal to use as a measure of my progress. I still need to weigh in daily for health reasons, but comparing it to my goal for the end of the month, and watching it drop, hopefully won't seem as slow, as seeing a 4/10ths of a lb. drop in one day. Maybe give me a different perspective.. being 50% to goal, for example.

Absolutely welcome to get your Carnivore on and participate in the challenge! Make the challenge your own. :smile:
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options

10/3/21-189.8 lbs Met my 11/1/21 goal already of 190 lbs. Maybe I'll get to 180! Not backing off. Actually upped my usual 99 minute Elliptical to 2 hours today!

10/10/21-188.8 lbs-Upped my Elliptical to 130 min a few days ago from 120 min.

• tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Camping weekend was mostly successful. Hard though to keep food low carb when joining others for a group meal. Went on a few hikes to help burn off the unplanned carbs. Great weather for our last outing of the year.

Stiff neck this morning preventing me from exercise before work. Still going to strength class at lunch. Lots of organizing chores this week to get my workout/sewing room just right.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    10/09
    Exercise - rode 27.71 miles in the morning, did stuff around the house, was active all day
    Food - protein was good, carbs were high for the day
    10/10
    Exercise - no ride, but did yard work and errands to stay active
    Food - protein was low, carbs were good