Fearless October 2021 Challenge

Options

Replies

• NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    10/3 So far so good. Bought a new food scale as my old one wouldn't work anymore. So being more careful with logging foods, and making sure the measurements are spot on. I haven't walked yet, like I was going to. I went for a 20 minute walk last week and the balls of my right foot hurt like heck! So I need to get better shoes first. I was going to go to the mall today, but got too lazy, and football was on. So tomorrow, shoe shopping! I am now at 203 lbs, so getting below 200 is so close I can see it! Can't wait! I'm going to throw a party! LOL!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,878 Member
    Options
    10/3 So far so good. Bought a new food scale as my old one wouldn't work anymore. So being more careful with logging foods, and making sure the measurements are spot on. I haven't walked yet, like I was going to. I went for a 20 minute walk last week and the balls of my right foot hurt like heck! So I need to get better shoes first. I was going to go to the mall today, but got too lazy, and football was on. So tomorrow, shoe shopping! I am now at 203 lbs, so getting below 200 is so close I can see it! Can't wait! I'm going to throw a party! LOL!

I have problems with my feet and I have a screw in my right foot due to having to many stress fractures ... I bought sketchers and they were not good for my feet ... I now have New Balance I find these to be the most comfortable walking shoe
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I'll check those out. I like Sketchers for every day wear, but need something more suited for walking for exercise.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I'll check those out. I like Sketchers for every day wear, but need something more suited for walking for exercise.

My sketchers didn't last long and they weren't very comfy ...I walk 5 days a week and I feel like I am walking on a soft cloud with the new balance
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I have high arches and plantar fasciitis in my right foot flares up now and then. Currently wearing Asics for walking and working out ( 2 sep pair ). I'm thinking about giving Skechers arch fit a try for walking.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    10/3 food was on point ...we cleaned and meal prepped :)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    10/1:
    No bike ride - rain in the morning closed the bike paths, food was on point, protein at 149 grams, carbs at 135 net, steps were low, but the weekend made up for that
    10/2:
    Morning ride of 21.45 miles @ 13.9 mph avg, did lots of chores around the house and stayed active all day, food was good - 131 grams protein, 146 grams net on carbs, steps 12,634 for the day .
    10/3:
    Bike rest day, but very active putting up Halloween decorations all day plus running errands with the better half, protein good at 116 grams, carbs high at 161 grams net, steps 7610 for the day.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    10/5:
    Exercise - rode 19 miles @ 13.5 mph avg, did upper body work later in the day
    Food - protein was great at 140 grams, carbs a little high at 159 net grams
    Steps - 9700

Today is a no ride day, so will be doing leg workouts thru the day (lunges and squats).
  • Ncox1978
    Ncox1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    I am new to this message board/group. And new to low carbing. I have been a MFP follower for years. But I am STUCK, and need to lose 15 more pounds...HELP!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    10/4 Food on point and we walked 5.21 miles :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Ncox1978 wrote: »
    good morning,
    I am new to this message board/group. And new to low carbing. I have been a MFP follower for years. But I am STUCK, and need to lose 15 more pounds...HELP!!!

With so little to lose... it will be a slow process ...If it was me I would put my weight loss at 1/2 pound...Wishing you the very best :)
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    good morning,

Good morning! Or almost afternoon I guess! How long have you been stuck for? How long have you been low-carbing it? I agree with Megan, if you've lost a lot of weight prior, the last few pounds take forever! It will happen, just not as fast as you hope.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    good morning,

With so little to lose... it will be a slow process ...If it was me I would put my weight loss at 1/2 pound...Wishing you the very best :)

Yes. And make sure you are logging/measuring food accurately b/c those of us (myself included) who are trying to lose 15lb or less have zero wiggle room. If after several weeks you are eating your cals at the half-pound loss rate, and it still isn't budging, you might still be eating too much and then I'd shave 100 cal or so off daily to see if that moves things.

I love MFP and been here for, what?, 6 years maybe...losing count. But I've found their calorie estimates for people can be off with all the complication of eating exercise cals and such. Their exercise burn estimates often overestimate that burn. You'll probably have to troubleshoot your calorie to get what is accurate for you.

• ccrdragon
    Options
    10/6:
    Exercise - yesterday was a no-ride day, so did lunges and push-ups to get in my exercise
    Food - don't want to talk about it... total disaster... waaaay over on carbs, made the bare minimum 100 grams on protein, way over on calories... sigh. Good news is that I was only up a half lb this morning (HTH does that happen????), so no lasting damage done.

Today started with breathing, so another chance to get back on the horse and keep riding!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    10/1-10/6
    I’ve had a good week overall kicking off October. I did have a football gathering over the weekend and knew it would be a flex day. Grazing for a couple of hours made me miserable so I ask myself again why I do that?? At any rate, definitely had my fill and the weight bounced a bit over the last few days but I’m back where I want to be- going downward. I did well planning throughout the week to ensure I had healthy choices on hand and stayed in a deficit for all days but the one. I agree with @baconslave, MFP is a bit wonky on figuring calories vs exercise burn and likely why I stayed at maintenance rather than losing recently (or maybe just my guesstimates on how much I was consuming!).