Fearless October 2021 Challenge

Options

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    10/14-10/15
    Another couple of good days for me and another pound down…4 to go then what? Figuring out maintenance! Woo hoo! And @NYPhotographer2021- great job! Love the polish color too😁
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    Neck was sore the whole week but I did spin class Wed and today. Food was fair all week except yesterday but I logged regardless. Helping me to see that calorie counts are always accurate and I'm likely eating g more than it looks. Meal planning for lunch is my Achilles heel. Breakfast and dinner are easier.

Bowling tonight 😊
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,328 Member
    Options
    Neck was sore the whole week but I did spin class Wed and today. Food was fair all week except yesterday but I logged regardless. Helping me to see that calorie counts are always accurate and I'm likely eating g more than it looks. Meal planning for lunch is my Achilles heel. Breakfast and dinner are easier.

Bowling tonight 😊

I made egg drop soup with shrimp in it for lunch yesterday it was quite good .... I also make hard boiled eggs with bacon, lettuce and tomato use the eggs as the sandwich .....spaghetti squash shrimp scampi or carbonara
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It took me the last 6 months to lose 3.8 kg/8.3 lbs. I won't make any excuses.🀐
    My commitment just for today 10/14:
    1/ pre log foods before eating.✍🏽
    2/not going over my calorie goal.
    3/avoid snacks.πŸ₯œπŸ«( keto bar)πŸ₯ƒdiet soda etc.
    4/ drink a lot of water.πŸ₯€
    5/go for a walk πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ•πŸ©
    6/ go to bed by mid night.🌚😴
    I was with this group in 2019 ,Now 2021, I'm back again.
    Good luck everyone. πŸ‘‹πŸ½

I did all 6 yesterday πŸ™‚
    My commitment today 10/15 : the same as before .

After 6 days, I lost 700 g/1.5 lbs
    7/ keep carbs low / protein high.

10/18 : doing all 7️⃣ as usual.πŸ‘πŸΌ
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

10/3/21-189.8 lbs Met my 11/1/21 goal already of 190 lbs. Maybe I'll get to 180! Not backing off. Actually upped my usual 99 minute Elliptical to 2 hours today!
    10/10/21-188.8 lbs-Upped my Elliptical to 130 min a few days ago from 120 min.

10/17/21- 186.2 lbs- Upped my Elliptical again this week to 140 minutes and did 151 minutes today because I wanted the 12 miles! Down 68.8 lbs! More than halfway to my 133 lb goal loss to 122 lbs!

• NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    So I've managed to stay on track somehow! Have not gone back up, but have continued the downward trend. At 197.8 this morning so I am getting closer to my goal of 190 by the 1st week of December. I've also lost inches around my waist and hip area, but not my neck. What's up with that?! Either way, I'll take it! My clothes are fitting better. I have jeans that are 16, 18, 20 & 22. The 22s are no longer any good to me. Way to baggy now. The 20s are also getting baggy. I will try on an 18 tomorrow. If it's still too tight, I'll have to wear 20 for awhile. I refuse to be uncomfortable! LOL! I can't wait until I'm in 16s again! But that probably won't be until next year. Which is okay. I can wait. It's worth it!
  • russellholtslander1
    russellholtslander1 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be doing amazing things. We can;t be perfect all the time, but if we do things to make us healthy every day, and keep at it.. we will see progress over time.

I only lost 1.2 lbs. in the past 6 days. That included some gains, but oerall, I am down 5 lbs. of the 10.4 I want to lose, and since I lose in bunches, then lose slowly for a few days,, and repeat.. I am probably due to drop a lot in the next few days. So, I think I am on track, and it's because I have been 100% on my Carnivore diet. Nothing but beef, pork, and chicken, with butter, water, and a few ozs. of cheese. Today, I am having tuna and mayo, but the menu is still limited to the foods I am supposed to be eating. I'm consuming 2200-2800 calories a day, just eating until I am full.

So right on plan!

Congrats NYPhotographer on getting below 200. I had a fit trying to get past, and beyond 300.. under/over for months, until I finally got down to 292, and stopped thinking about that number. Hope you just keep dropping, and get far enough from that number so you never have to see a number starting with 2 on the scale again. You seem to be going full steam ahead, and have a great attitude. Keep making progress, because progress X time = big results.. nothing makes progress look better than multiplying it. :)
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    10/16-10/18
    Nothing major changing for me. Took a dip on the scale then came right back. But I’m sticking with plan and expect to see more downward movement. I picked up lifting today after being off a few days. Work is busy so I’m not able to get a long walk in so I’m fitting in bursts of movement where I can. I’m getting cabinets painted this week so have been focused on packing up the kitchen and not so much on eating. Distraction helps curb cravings but I’m finding the healthier I eat, the less I crave carbs.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    Well, since finally falling below the 200 mark, I've been hovering between 198 & 199. I weigh daily, and yesterday I was at 198, today, 198.6. LOL...I know it's normal. My brain tells me that. But man o man! C'mon! Okay, end of whine. I'll just keep on and I know eventually the scale will move down again.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    @NYPhotographer2021
    I also weigh daily. I almost always have a slight uptick on the scale for a day to 3 before a drop. I've gotten used to it. As long as you have stayed on track it will drop again soon. I've been pretty consistent with losing approximately 8-10 lbs/month.
  • russellholtslander1
    Options
    When I have a boring day, and I'm gaining/losing the same weight for a couple days.. it feels like nothing significant is going on.. BUT, to be honest, CONSISTENCY is the MOST important thing for me.. sure I may eat on plan, and gain 4/10ths of a lb the next day, but by sticking to it, I lose 8/10ths the next day, and set a new low.. even if it is 2 steps forward, and one back.. over time, with consistency, we make progress.. and whil I may LOVE losing 2 lbs. a day, in the long run, that is only useful, if I continue on down, to where I may only lose 2 lbs. a week.. and all those BIG and little losses add up, and overcome any small gains I have at times.

I do far better if I lose a little for 60 days, than if I lose BIG for 7 days, then have a big gain, because I felt despair over small gains, or losses on these days.. and I think it is important to celebrate staying on plan, and how many days you can do it in a row, as much as the weight loss.. it helps a lot, when you do not have to RE-LOSE weight you already lost.. not hard if it's 4/10ths of a lb.. but harder if it is 4 lbs., because you did not do the boring thing, and just eat properly, despite not seeing many results.. these days are more important to me, than the days like today, when I lose 1.2 lbs. We should treat all the days equally, if we do the right thing.. the end results require ALL the days.. the BIG drops, and the small gains, which matter because they are not BIG gains. Keep doing the right thing, and you will all see results, in the long run.

Anyways, as said, I lost 1.2 lbs. today. and am below 250.. to 249.2.. only 4.2 lbs. from my monthly goal of 245. I stuck to eating Carnivore, although I did eat extra cheese ( 4 ozs. 0, which cause my blood sugar to go up to 124, which is high. I'm choosing to stop eating cheese, and see if it helps me lose more weight, and get lower blood sugars. I don't like consuming foods I eat some of, and want more of.. they are a problem for me. Most of these foods are obvious.. I binge on them, but cheese is something I usually can limit, but at times I can't.

I'm on plan though, and on pace, so it's looking good. I am glad, I set small goals. Not hitting goals sucks a little. I'm pretty sure I'll hit the ones I set! :)
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It took me the last 6 months to lose 3.8 kg/8.3 lbs. I won't make any excuses.🀐
    My commitment just for today 10/14:
    1/ pre log foods before eating.✍🏽
    2/not going over my calorie goal.
    3/avoid snacks.πŸ₯œπŸ«( keto bar)πŸ₯ƒdiet soda etc.
    4/ drink a lot of water.πŸ₯€
    5/go for a walk πŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈπŸ•πŸ©
    6/ go to bed by mid night.🌚😴
    I was with this group in 2019 ,Now 2021, I'm back again.
    Good luck everyone. πŸ‘‹πŸ½

I did all 6 yesterday πŸ™‚
    My commitment today 10/15 : the same as before .

After 6 days, I lost 700 g/1.5 lbs
    7/ keep carbs low / protein high.

10/18 : doing all 7️⃣ as usual.πŸ‘πŸΌ

Yesterday I snacked on almonds, sugarless bar and diet soda=+ 100cal. πŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™€οΈ
    10/20: my commitment to do all 7️⃣ ❗
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    10/20/21 - I was at 197.8 again this morning! So yay! Back on the downward move again! More importantly...I fit in the next-sized-down jeans! Not tight or uncomfortable! So double YAY!! It's the little things!
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am excited to have found this group. I do low carb but also drink occasionally. My goals are to log in everything and keep under 50 carbs (I know most of you do a lot less than that). I am hoping to find great recipes here as well.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    I am excited to have found this group. I do low carb but also drink occasionally. My goals are to log in everything and keep under 50 carbs (I know most of you do a lot less than that). I am hoping to find great recipes here as well.

Welcome! I do try to keep my carbs low as possible but sometimes, it is what it is! There are some good recipe posts here! This is a great group! Very encouraging and full of helpful advice!
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    @russellholtslander1 I love my 3 eggs scrambled with 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream, and 2 tbsp of colby jack cheese! Hmmmmm! Also, sausage links! I could eat that every day, all day! In fact, I do most days! Not for breakfast though, it's what's for dinner unless it's the weekend. Driving home after work, it's what I'm fantasizing about the most! That's my special meal. I also love a good broiled steak! But haven't had that in a while. I just may have to break down and buy a nice rib eye this weekend!

I do miss mac & cheese though. And spaghetti. Those were my main carby dishes I ate a lot of before going keto. When I get down to an acceptable weight where I won't care very much if I go back up, I think I will either have spaghetti or mac & cheese. One meal only, no limit. My stomach's shrunk so much already, I doubt I'd be able to eat as much as I used to. But to taste it again...yeah, I'm fantasizing about it already! :p
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    Haven't updated in awhile... oops :)

Exercise has been good - stayed active over the weekend and have been riding again in the mornings. I have also been doing upper body workouts to complement the riding and I am seeing progress there.

Food - bit of an issue over the weekend (had a carb pig out on Sunday), but got back on track on Monday and have been doing well this week. Average protein for the month is 125 grams per day and carbs average for the month is 155 net... a little higher than I would like, but I will manage to get that average back below 150 net grams.

Have been checking my blood sugar sporadically (family history of T2D, so kinda paranoid) and with the exercise and watching the carbs (plus weight loss) my readings have stayed in the mid to low 80's first thing in the morning. I have checked a few times after the bike rides and it's usually in the lower 70's or high 60's (in which case I eat a snack after the ride instead of waiting till lunch).
  • russellholtslander1
    Options
    I gained a little.. 249.6, but still on plan, and still did my walk and gym workout today. I did get rained on a bit, just a shower, but when it is low 60's, the rain is not refreshing.

I had ribs today.. a half a rack for lunch. After sausage and eggs for breakfast, and dinner is 20 ozs. of haddock.. just to finish it up. It took over 3 hours to cook the ribs, and about 3 minutes to finish them. :D
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    It's been a good week. Food well planned and got my exercise in including a 18 mile bike ride yesterday. Today is a rest day and going out to dinner with some girlfriends. My key to staying on plan is to not share any of the appetizers they order. They can be very persistent but I can be stronger. Tomorrow is a hiking day with my daughter in law then Sun spin class and bowling.