Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,595 Member
    Options
    My favourite cardio exercise is dancing! I enjoy it so much and it's a great way to get in shape.

Great loss! Dancing sounds like so much fun.

Wacky Wednesday

What is your favourite cardio exercise? Why do you like it so much?

Endurance hiking. I love to just go out and explore new trails plus it is great training for the Bataan!

Tell us about the Bataan?

i93zscf5ssij.jpg
    So the Bataan is a memorial marathon that honors the men who survived and those who didn't the original Bataan Death March that took place in the Philippines during World War II. The march is held in the New Mexico desert and includes hiking up the side of a "small" hill and walking through 2 1/2 miles of sand pits while wearing a ruck that weighs between 30 and 40lbs. The march is held at White Sands Missile Range in southern New Mexico because a good portion of the men who were forced on the march where part of the New Mexico national guard. I could go into more history but I will spare you. (I use to be a history teacher). Also the march is known by its saying #morethanamarathon because you get to meet the survivors and hear their stories.

Sounds intense! That is definitely not a small hill.

jayenguk wrote: »
    My weigh in day is Wednesday.
    PW: 259.6
    Cw: 258.6

So yassss amazed I lost something with what I have ate over my bday week!!!... pretty happy with that pounds on wards and down wards!

Nice loss! I always have a birthday week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 137.6
    CW: 135.0
    LTD: 88.4

Sorry this is late Linda. I have had a couple of days of dr. appointments. Blew the weight loss with a stress binge but should get better in November when all the medical issues are resolved.

Fantastic loss! Your progress is amazing. I hope you get to walk soon. I know you have been missing it.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Daily Check-in (10/5 stats):

Steps: 17,175
    Floors: 17
    Calories Burned: 1,273
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 309
    Total Intensity Minutes: 655/150
    Early W/O: Yes😊

• Bluetail6
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Daily Check-in (10/5 stats):

Steps: 17,175
    Floors: 17
    Calories Burned: 1,273
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 309
    Total Intensity Minutes: 655/150
    Early W/O: Yes😊

ETA: Oops, if I 'quote' a quote, it hides it. Not a problem... But now the same thing is there twice!!😉
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    Which Apple Watch did you get?

@Bluetail6
    Really like your positive thoughts especially the first one. Awesome NSV!

@Poobah1972
    That’s some pretty good cardio this morning. Watch out for your fingers also. I sprained my finger doing Medicine ball slams. I am pretty clumsy though. Hope Lynn feels better soon.

Thank you Linda!!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams Fantastic transformation!
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Wacky Wednesday

What is your favourite cardio exercise? Why do you like it so much?

I would have to say hiking and walking. Although I have fun bit of aerobic equipment in our basement, I grew up hiking and walking daily in Southeast Alaska. I can hike or walk from my front door into nature, even now.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Evening All... 😀

TONIGHTS WORK OUT SUCKED BUTTS... I cannot lie!!! 😆😅

It was the first workout back since leaving to Toronto on the weekend. But I never actually missed a chest workout. (just the extra weekend work). I had no idea having a cold could take so much out of you. I was a shadow of my normal self today. I could only manage 5 reps at chest press and that was only on 1 set, the rest were only 4 reps where i was hitting 8 reps last week. Shoulder press was even worse, I literally only made 3 reps in the 1st set and just 2 in the second set. That's was way more than a kick in the groin then I was expecting? What the hell has my body been doing to my muscles the last week or so? I reduced weight and only did 1 set of Fly's and I threw in the entire towel on the rest of the work out. (namely triceps and some shoulder work.)

It's not that bad though, cause Instead I got busy and become Mr. Handy Man. It was painfully obvious if I didn't get that new medicine ball rebounder hung on the wall where I wanted it, it would be in the way every day till I got around to hanging it. Who needs a pain in the *kitten* like that right? 😜

I must admit the room is pretty chalked full of stuff, but so far everything has its place... But were definitely running out of space. lol 😛

So, on the bright note, even though the weight training part of the workout sucked... The combination of Weight Training and Handyman burned me about 750 calories in addition to this morning. I'll take that. 👍😀😎

But now I'm really worried about Friday.... What the hell will I do then? LEGS!!!! 😲

Good night guys and gals! 😀🤗🤗🤗💗

Ps. Lynn is so short she doesn't bump her head when she's grabbing her dumbbells in that corner of the room. 👍😋

hic7pa5tf8s7.jpg
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Evening All... 😀

TONIGHTS WORK OUT SUCKED BUTTS... I cannot lie!!! 😆😅

It was the first workout back since leaving to Toronto on the weekend. But I never actually missed a chest workout. (just the extra weekend work). I had no idea having a cold could take so much out of you. I was a shadow of my normal self today. I could only manage 5 reps at chest press and that was only on 1 set, the rest were only 4 reps where i was hitting 8 reps last week. Shoulder press was even worse, I literally only made 3 reps in the 1st set and just 2 in the second set. That's was way more than a kick in the groin then I was expecting? What the hell has my body been doing to my muscles the last week or so? I reduced weight and only did 1 set of Fly's and I threw in the entire towel on the rest of the work out. (namely triceps and some shoulder work.)

It's not that bad though, cause Instead I got busy and become Mr. Handy Man. It was painfully obvious if I didn't get that new medicine ball rebounder hung on the wall where I wanted it, it would be in the way every day till I got around to hanging it. Who needs a pain in the *kitten* like that right? 😜

I must admit the room is pretty chalked full of stuff, but so far everything has its place... But were definitely running out of space. lol 😛

So, on the bright note, even though the weight training part of the workout sucked... The combination of Weight Training and Handyman burned me about 750 calories in addition to this morning. I'll take that. 👍😀😎

But now I'm really worried about Friday.... What the hell will I do then? LEGS!!!! 😲

Good night guys and gals! 😀🤗🤗🤗💗

Ps. Lynn is so short she doesn't bump her head when she's grabbing her dumbbells in that corner of the room. 👍😋

hic7pa5tf8s7.jpg

Take some extra vitamin c and zinc to help you recover and plenty of water
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good late night. Just got home from the movies. Should have made better choices.
    Check in for 10/6:
    Steps 4600
    Calories - 1957. Over. Salt intake is high as well. Weight will probably be up again tomorrow.
    Exercise - none. Legs still hate me and busy day at home. Either gym or walk tomorrow. Hate missing to many days. I start to get antsy.

Picked up my cake to celebrate losing 300 pounds. Unfortunately I gained 2.2 lbs today. Think it was salt intake since calories showed well. Tomorrow may be another gain. I hope I didn't get jinxed by getting the cake before I made goal. I don't want to cut it until I make it.
  • rwood566
    Options
    What is my favorite cardio? Nature walks. Whether in the wild or the zoo I love seeing animals and hearing them.
  • rwood566
    Options
    @shortyjmorgan1 I would love to do that bataan trek sometime. I actually lost an uncle who was rescuing American p.o.w.s in the Philippines. I would be doing it for him as well as the bataan marchers. I doubt I would be ready for the next one but maybe soon. Thanks very much for telling me about it.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    sorry earliers weigh in was incorrect.

roz0810
    Thursday
    PW: 252.4
    CW: 250.4
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @shortyjmorgan1 I would love to do that bataan trek sometime. I actually lost an uncle who was rescuing American p.o.w.s in the Philippines. I would be doing it for him as well as the bataan marchers. I doubt I would be ready for the next one but maybe soon. Thanks very much for telling me about it.

There are some really good books out there written by the survivors that tell what took place. Also there is a shorter version of the march. It is only 14.2 miles and you don't have to carry the ruck. I did that the first year.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Morning guys, 😃

It's a take it easy day today. 🙂

I didn't mention it yesterday... But I ended up tweaking my back a bit throwing that 20lb medicine ball around. (or actually catching it awkwardly a few times). It was smarting as the afternoon went on. Between that and the Butt Sucking Workout last night. I lost fair amount of motivation and realized maybe staying in bed this morning would be the best plan of action. So that's what I did. *shame shame shame*.

Good news is I feel much better... Just some tightness in my left butt cheek, as opposed to my right butt cheek. I have now said butt 3 times this morning, err make that 4. :) (Yeah that's right... Hmmmm Yeah!) 😄😅

I vow now to get some sort of a leg workout done tomorrow, before we head to Ottawa Saturday morning. I won't be setting any records and I'm sure the weights will be coming down. But I gotta do it.

So try and have a more productive day then I today... And I'll rest up for the lot of yah. 😉😊🤗🤗🤗😆😎
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    Crushing those intensity minutes! It has to be so pretty walking where you live. I think I mentioned this before but if I ever went on a cruise it would be an Alaskan cruise.

@WTGNicole
    I would love to try kickboxing. You must burn a ton of calories. Sounds like you are being very active still.

@roz0810
    Fantastic loss!

@rwood566
    Did the movie popcorn get to you? I love it but the scales don’t. The water weight will drop fast. Enjoy your walk or gym session today.

@Poobah1972
    You need to let your body recover. No shame in taking a rest day. Feel better tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.