Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Favorite snacks are Blue Diamond lightly salted almonds though I love the smokehouse and hot flavors too. Built bars when I want chocolate. They taste like candy bars and have 17g protein with 6g fiber so filling.

Have had a bingey few days since Tuesday. Birthday is Sunday so will try to get on track next week. Talked to a woman who had identical history as me at hospital and she had amputation. It is really upsetting me as I know this is the way that I’m heading. See Ortopedics next Wednesday to discuss it. I realize that it is just a toe but I’ve already lost my right eye, kidneys and pancreas. Just tired of being sick. Vent over. Need to get back to moving.
    Birthday cake had to be changed from Champagne to almond cake. One of the antibiotics that am on causes vomiting when you consume alcohol and the cake has alcohol in the frosting. Hoping this cake tastes like Scratch Wedding Day cupcakes. Smelled good when we baked it today. Will frost tomorrow after it chills.Have a great weekend.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, @Beautyofdreams I hope you have a great one.

Check in for 10/8:
    Steps - 5540.
    Calories - 1516
    Exercise - none. Went to our harvest festival. Carried the bag full of stuff. Bought lots of food to make. Ugh.

Going to give blood tomorrow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    Aqualang26 (Laura)

Weigh-In Day: Saturday (Friday night)
    PW: 156.9
    CW: 156.7

I'll take it any loss considering I didn't stick to my diet several days this week. 😬 Back on track now though.

Also, @lindamtuck2018 @Megan_smartiepants1970 I believe I should've had 5 weeks in the green for September. Can you check on that please?

It’s nice to see a loss when we have a few off days. Yes, you were in the green for September. I am sorry it was missed in the announcement. Congratulations! Pulling off a loss week after week is something to be proud of.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    Happy Birthday Deb! 🥳🎂🎉 You are one of the strongest people I know. I you don’t have to get amputation. Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way!

@rwood566
    You stayed within your calories. I well done!

@mari_moulin
    Mari, I wish you weren’t going through this. Dealing with pain is not fun especially when you can’t take pain killers. I hope things start healing.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday check in
    ❌ Steps 11k daily (steps and converted steps)
    ✅ 622/500 Zone minutes
    ✅ Stay within calories
    ✅ Track food accurately

I did a cardio workout in the pool that was all leg exercises yesterday. I decided not to do laps as my arm muscles were quite sore. I had done laps for 10 days so it was time for a break.

Today is another busy day. I am heading to the pool when it opens, I have to go to 2 supermarkets after, flu shot in the afternoon and then we pick up the desserts for tomorrow. Plus some more cleaning up in between.

Have a super Saturday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps

Pool workout
    26 minutes moderate = 2,600

Total converted steps: 8,495
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sizzling Saturday
    Share what your treat will be when you reach goal or your next mini goal.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sizzling Saturday

When I am finally under 150 for more than a week I plan to a new pair of black dress boots.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Check in 10/8:
    Steps: 14,763❌-I even thought as I was getting ready for bed that I should get in a couple hundred more steps...thought went in one brain lobe and out the other😉
    Track✔️-just barely under including exercise calories
    Meditate ✔️
    Hooch free✔️
    Positivity ✔️

Happy Weekend!
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Sizzling Saturday

I get a deep tissue massage every month to thank myself for doing my best, working out even though I hate it, and making good choices.

I don’t have specific number goals or even weight loss goals. ❤️

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,805 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 203.8
    Current weigh: 205.8

Sorry team. Weekly weigh in. Up 2 Lbs from last week. Been struggling quite a bit with pain this week. I’m still healing from my surgery. Sadly my wound opened up last week and I’ve had to do a bit extra with bandage changes and was put in antibiotics to prevent infection. I can’t take anything too strong as it makes me ill so I am having to do with mild pain killers.

I won’t be doing any steps this month.

So sorry you are struggling with pain ... I have excused you from the step challenge ...Just let me know when you are ready to come back ...hugssssssss
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Here are my steps so far
    10/1-2243
    10/2-13776
    10/3-0
    10/4-3500
    10/5-2066
    10/6-13608
    10/7-2250
    10/8-2172
    10/9-13757
    10/10-0
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Kitty2Kats wrote: »
    Username: Kitty2Kats
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 296
    CW: 295.4

Sorry not much weight lost this week-- Been a bad week overall for me. Will try harder this next week.

Don’t apologize! Lose, gain or stay the same we are here to support you. It will be so nice to go on that trip. Maybe pick a couple of places you think you may want to travel to and print some pictures of them. Post the, around your house to help you keep your eye on the prize.

Sizzling Saturday

When I am finally under 150 for more than a week I plan to a new pair of black dress boots.

That’s a good treat.

Check in 10/8:
    Steps: 14,763❌-I even thought as I was getting ready for bed that I should get in a couple hundred more steps...thought went in one brain lobe and out the other😉
    Track✔️-just barely under including exercise calories
    Meditate ✔️
    Hooch free✔️
    Positivity ✔️

Happy Weekend!

I hate when I miss my goal by a couple of hundred. You still have four ✔️. Well done!

Pickles175 wrote: »
    Sizzling Saturday

I get a deep tissue massage every month to thank myself for doing my best, working out even though I hate it, and making good choices.

I don’t have specific number goals or even weight loss goals. ❤️

That’s a great idea! I may have to steal this but I need to figure out my reward. Maybe I could do a facial or something.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 165.0 lbs
    CW 159.8 lbs
    LTD 163.2 lbs

Happy with weigh in today obviously. Part of the weight gain gone again!

@lindamtuck2018 It's funny you asked about walking with my family. We hadn't been walking for the past month because dad started travelling a lot and then we were both struggling (though we didn't know that at the time). But, yesterday mom asked to walk so we went for the first time in like 5 weeks, and again this morning. My legs could tell it had been awhile. Especially since yesterday we walked in the morning, then went grocery shopping, and I mowed later in the day. I ended up with 16k steps.

Fantastic loss! 16k steps is pretty awesome. Hopefully, you can get some more lake walks in before the bad weather starts.
This discussion has been closed.