• Bluebabygirl58
    Bluebabygirl58 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you @luccianaff, Yes I'm sad too.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone...

Busy *kitten* day today... So, I boil this down as much as possible.

Saw Sports Therapist, got a hot TEMS style application to my tailbone / *kitten*. Got my tailbone / *kitten* acupunctured. Then I got my tailbone *kitten* forcibly deep tissued massaged with some sort of lubicrant. She wasn't messing around, and was ironing out every little pump of flesh I had going on down there. Then she pulled out the PAIN PILL (That a Kabuki Strength piece of equipment I was actually familiar with). Basically, it's a 45 pound chunk of solid steal she used to roll me like a pizza doe. From my butt to darn near my ankles, and it almost made cry. (almost 😋). I have another appointment Wednesday morning.

Then this afternoon... Chiropractor guy.

This I'll admit I found interesting, Lynn would suggest I'm a skeptic... But it's not that I don't believe in Chiropractor's cause obviously they do real stuff to your body. But I was skeptical in the way he sells what he does to his clients, as he paints a story to try to get you to buy in how he is painting this picture. Basically, I already knew this guys modus operandi was to basically see if your even left side verses right (from listening to Lynn explain her experiences), He has you stand first and he checks your shoulders, and goes down your back, your hips etc... Then he has you lay down on the table, and pulls on your legs and see's if they line up the same, then bends them and checks again. He basically made it clear that my right side was messed up my hip was riding higher which was causing my left leg to be lower than my right. He determined this was due to my locked up L5 region of my spine. Then he proceeded to try and crack it, it was not easy for him, cause I'm large and he ain't. He wasn't able to do it while I was on my stomach, so I had to get on my side, and he had to make numerous attempts as he literally grabbed my arm from under me and held it up over me and literally jumped up on top of me putting all his weight on me till finally there was a cracking sound.

So yes, he did crack it... That's where I'm a little skeptical. He went over and beyond to suggest "You heard that?" "You see, it was all bound up and needed to be released" etc etc etc, and went on to explain that now that it's been released the spine can now move freely the way it is supposed to. Now I don't deny that this can possibly be good. But the fact is, the spine and most joints in your body all can be cracked on a daily basis if you really wanted to. We cracked our friends' spines all the time as teenagers, did it mean we were all screwed up and we had to get our spines released? Um no. The only other time I saw a chiropractor he cracked both my right and left side the same as this doctor only cracked my right.... Anyways again, I'm hopeful that it will help, but he clearly was trying to get me to buy in the fact that since it cracked, he was on to something and it will fix me. When I know damn well both sides could have been cracked at any time in my life, and that fact alone does not point to something wrong. But I can see how this story can be sold to clients which may be positive thing? Anyway, my right side is bound up though, and anything we can do to release it is good. The sport therapist also pointed out that I have many nodules on the right side of my tailbone and upper butt compared to my right, and she said they will always be there and will likely continue to cause problems in the future. So, time will tell, i guess. I have a follow up with him on Thursday.

Anyway, after that, it was 1.5 hour rest... and a killer back and bicep workout. I'm pretty much done and need a hot bath. The pain is still strong with this one... DOH!!!

I'm thinking maybe at some point I should just try and walk through the pain no matter how hard it is, and see if I can walk it off? It's just not easy, and especially tight in the morning. So I've been putting off this plan.

Heart rate continues to rise day by day..... Erg.

2r4qdbd0r08b.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone...

Busy *kitten* day today... So, I boil this down as much as possible.

Saw Sports Therapist, got a hot TEMS style application to my tailbone / *kitten*. Got my tailbone / *kitten* acupunctured. Then I got my tailbone *kitten* forcibly deep tissued massaged with some sort of lubicrant. She wasn't messing around, and was ironing out every little pump of flesh I had going on down there. Then she pulled out the PAIN PILL (That a Kabuki Strength piece of equipment I was actually familiar with). Basically, it's a 45 pound chunk of solid steal she used to roll me like a pizza doe. From my butt to darn near my ankles, and it almost made cry. (almost 😋). I have another appointment Wednesday morning.

Then this afternoon... Chiropractor guy.

This I'll admit I found interesting, Lynn would suggest I'm a skeptic... But it's not that I don't believe in Chiropractor's cause obviously they do real stuff to your body. But I was skeptical in the way he sells what he does to his clients, as he paints a story to try to get you to buy in how he is painting this picture. Basically, I already knew this guys modus operandi was to basically see if your even left side verses right (from listening to Lynn explain her experiences), He has you stand first and he checks your shoulders, and goes down your back, your hips etc... Then he has you lay down on the table, and pulls on your legs and see's if they line up the same, then bends them and checks again. He basically made it clear that my right side was messed up my hip was riding higher which was causing my left leg to be lower than my right. He determined this was due to my locked up L5 region of my spine. Then he proceeded to try and crack it, it was not easy for him, cause I'm large and he ain't. He wasn't able to do it while I was on my stomach, so I had to get on my side, and he had to make numerous attempts as he literally grabbed my arm from under me and held it up over me and literally jumped up on top of me putting all his weight on me till finally there was a cracking sound.

So yes, he did crack it... That's where I'm a little skeptical. He went over and beyond to suggest "You heard that?" "You see, it was all bound up and needed to be released" etc etc etc, and went on to explain that now that it's been released the spine can now move freely the way it is supposed to. Now I don't deny that this can possibly be good. But the fact is, the spine and most joints in your body all can be cracked on a daily basis if you really wanted to. We cracked our friends' spines all the time as teenagers, did it mean we were all screwed up and we had to get our spines released? Um no. The only other time I saw a chiropractor he cracked both my right and left side the same as this doctor only cracked my right.... Anyways again, I'm hopeful that it will help, but he clearly was trying to get me to buy in the fact that since it cracked, he was on to something and it will fix me. When I know damn well both sides could have been cracked at any time in my life, and that fact alone does not point to something wrong. But I can see how this story can be sold to clients which may be positive thing? Anyway, my right side is bound up though, and anything we can do to release it is good. The sport therapist also pointed out that I have many nodules on the right side of my tailbone and upper butt compared to my right, and she said they will always be there and will likely continue to cause problems in the future. So, time will tell, i guess. I have a follow up with him on Thursday.

Anyway, after that, it was 1.5 hour rest... and a killer back and bicep workout. I'm pretty much done and need a hot bath. The pain is still strong with this one... DOH!!!

I'm thinking maybe at some point I should just try and walk through the pain no matter how hard it is, and see if I can walk it off? It's just not easy, and especially tight in the morning. So I've been putting off this plan.

Heart rate continues to rise day by day..... Erg.

2r4qdbd0r08b.png

I hope something will help with your pain
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So question has anyone dealt with bursitis in their elbow? I injured my elbow about 5 months ago and they believe this might be the issue
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited October 2021
    Options
    We have another new member joining us.... Please welcome @Pippin20206 :)

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    So question has anyone dealt with bursitis in their elbow? I injured my elbow about 5 months ago and they believe this might be the issue

I hurt my elbow a few months ago when I was using my new home gym ... still hurts to this day but I am not sure what it is
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi all, sorry for the confusion i recently changed my user name. Anyhoo, I'm a 43 yr old female, I live in South Australia with my partner and 4 British Bulldogs, they are the loves of my life, my kids. I was always skinny as a kid then puberty hit and I'm sure looking back now I was fine but I always felt fat. Anyway with chronic depression and comfort eating the weight just steadily grew over the years. I'm used to talking in kilos but will try to convert as most people here use pounds. So at my heaviest I was 242 lbs and I knew something had to change. I ended up getting a lap band but struggled to change my habits long term. I got down to 209 lbs and stayed stable on this for years but still ate crap. A couple of weeks ago I ended up in hospital with crippling pain only to be told I was passing a gallstone and needed to get serious about changing my diet. There is apparently an old saying with gallbladder issues the 4 Fs, females, forties, fair and fat. Not that my Dr used these terms but it does pretty much fit. So once again I'm trying to get serious about changing my habits. I'm currently 198 lbs and my goal is 154 lbs.

Thanks for the add and good luck everyone.

No problem ...but thank you for clarifying it .... Welcome to our amazing talkative group ... wishing you much success :)
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Username. amymartin555
    Weighing day monday
    PW. 134.6
    CW. 134.4

NSV I fit into a size small shirt! Now if only I could lose more on the bottom half of me lol.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    good morning, hope your all having a great week so far, tonight I am off to the gym and then for a swim afterwards. Its going to be a plan of making sure I eat the right foods as I will be out until 10pm so wont get home after work to eat. So dinner at lunch time and sandwiches tonight....wooot
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    @888Angie888
    I am glad to see you back. I would be totally lost without my phone.

@jimboden3
    You may have a bigger loss masked by water weight. I love when I have all my kids and grandkids together. It’s been almost 2 years for my family.

@Bluebabygirl58
    Welcome to the team! Thanks for letting me know about Karly. Give her my best.

@Bluetail6
    What a great way to fit in some extra exercise and earn intensity minutes. I would have never thought of that.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @luccianaff
    The four pounds was water weight. That’s a long time to do physio exercises. Keep doing them even if it is time consuming. It is great you are able to get right back on track.

@Poobah1972
    Did the therapist give you exercises to do at home? I hope you find relief soon. I know how hard it is to deal with nerve pain. Your exercise session was awesome as usual. If you are going to try and walk through the pain start with a very short walk. Build yourself up slowly.

@shortyjmorgan1
    I didn’t have it in the elbow but in my hip. The doctor gave me cortisone injections. Not sure if they can do that with the elbow.

@Pippin20206
    Welcome! If you prefer to report your weekly weight in kilos I can convert it.

@amymartin555
    Nice NSV! With the loss you are getting closer to your trip.

@jayenguk
    I hope you enjoyed your swim! When I was on holidays anytime we were at my father-in-law’s we had our main meal at lunch and a light supper. I really like eating that way.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Monday check in
    ✅Steps 11k daily
    ❌Stay within calories
    ❌Track food accurately
    Zone minutes 131/500

I am officially riding the struggle bus. I can’t get my eating in check. Can someone please give me a kick in the butt? My exercise has been not up to par either. I have been really tired for three days. I am going to go to the pool soon and I will do my best. I am late going today because I slept in.

Have a great day!

Edit:
    I don’t have the energy to walk to the pool house. Going to rest today and hopefully have some get up and go tomorrow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps

Swimming
    22 minutes moderate = 3,828 steps

Pool workout
    12 minutes moderate = 1200 steps

Total converted steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    a5n68fs7ecnd.gif

This is the last week of the October challenge. Time to reflect! What have you done really well this month?
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Happy tuesday.
    Check in for 10/25:
    Steps - 5922. Gym, movie and shopping.
    Calories - 1857. Snacks, snacks and more snacks. Mega crap.
    Exercise - gym in the morning. 7 machines and 20 minutes on the bike. Moderate intensity. 5.5 miles level 9 intervals.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    ob2ivysxks8b.jpg

My 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for Week 3 of October

@amymartin555 10/17-10/23
    @WTGNicole 10/17- 10/23
    @Jpedno 10/19- 10/23

If I do not have them by this evening 10/26 ...I will have no choice but to zero them out ..Thanks for your cooperation :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    a5n68fs7ecnd.gif

This is the last week of the October challenge. Time to reflect! What have you done really well this month?

I have measured my food and I am losing weight (again) YAY!!! now it is time to incorporate walking into that again
This discussion has been closed.