Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    @luccianaff
    The four pounds was water weight. That’s a long time to do physio exercises. Keep doing them even if it is time consuming. It is great you are able to get right back on track.

@Poobah1972
    Did the therapist give you exercises to do at home? I hope you find relief soon. I know how hard it is to deal with nerve pain. Your exercise session was awesome as usual. If you are going to try and walk through the pain start with a very short walk. Build yourself up slowly.

@shortyjmorgan1
    I didn’t have it in the elbow but in my hip. The doctor gave me cortisone injections. Not sure if they can do that with the elbow.

@Pippin20206
    Welcome! If you prefer to report your weekly weight in kilos I can convert it.

@amymartin555
    Nice NSV! With the loss you are getting closer to your trip.

@jayenguk
    I hope you enjoyed your swim! When I was on holidays anytime we were at my father-in-law’s we had our main meal at lunch and a light supper. I really like eating that way.

Did the shot help?
  • shortyjmorgan1
    Options
    a5n68fs7ecnd.gif

This is the last week of the October challenge. Time to reflect! What have you done really well this month?

I have managed to give up sodas and complete my plank challenge every day
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 10/25: 12,292
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Tahm42
    PW 211
    CW 212

Some of it is bloat. I started lifting again so I am sore. Sore=bloat. Also had a free for all this weekend but I am owning it. Not discouraged but I really need to start going in the other direction to please "surgeon ego". You just don't say "do me a favor and lose weight" to someone that you have no clue to their weight loss history. Yes I am holding a grudge. Could be behind the mind set of my eating and over eats of late. I know I need to let it go so I can move on. I go back to him Nov18th. I hope I can get a surgery date before the end of the year. I really want to be able to enjoy my March vacation.
  • tahm42
    Options
    a5n68fs7ecnd.gif

This is the last week of the October challenge. Time to reflect! What have you done really well this month?

Being mindful of my eating and why. Even my over eats. I acknowledge that my emotions and moods drive my eating on my good days and bad days. I have also discovered fatigue drives my night time desire to eat. Knowing these things help me to discern if I am hungry. I hope that after surgery I will know true hunger sensation, since the tumor sits on my stomach and gives me a sensation of being full. If I try to eat intuitively I wait till I have the shakes and my sugar has dropped. Not a good thing as I tend to get angry and sometimes down right combative. So I try to eat on a schedule. Even with that my brain will try to shanghai my thoughts to make me think I am hungry. I always try to make sure I am really hungry or is it my mind.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    @luccianaff
    The four pounds was water weight. That’s a long time to do physio exercises. Keep doing them even if it is time consuming. It is great you are able to get right back on track.

@Poobah1972
    Did the therapist give you exercises to do at home? I hope you find relief soon. I know how hard it is to deal with nerve pain. Your exercise session was awesome as usual. If you are going to try and walk through the pain start with a very short walk. Build yourself up slowly.

@shortyjmorgan1
    I didn’t have it in the elbow but in my hip. The doctor gave me cortisone injections. Not sure if they can do that with the elbow.

@Pippin20206
    Welcome! If you prefer to report your weekly weight in kilos I can convert it.

@amymartin555
    Nice NSV! With the loss you are getting closer to your trip.

@jayenguk
    I hope you enjoyed your swim! When I was on holidays anytime we were at my father-in-law’s we had our main meal at lunch and a light supper. I really like eating that way.

Did the shot help?

Definitely.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    a5n68fs7ecnd.gif

Being mindful of my eating and why. Even my over eats. I acknowledge that my emotions and moods drive my eating on my good days and bad days. I have also discovered fatigue drives my night time desire to eat. Knowing these things help me to discern if I am hungry. I hope that after surgery I will know true hunger sensation, since the tumor sits on my stomach and gives me a sensation of being full. If I try to eat intuitively I wait till I have the shakes and my sugar has dropped. Not a good thing as I tend to get angry and sometimes down right combative. So I try to eat on a schedule. Even with that my brain will try to shanghai my thoughts to make me think I am hungry. I always try to make sure I am really hungry or is it my mind.

I hope you get your date soon. If I let myself get over tired it is when I will binge at night. First when I started my therapy for binge eating I ate on a schedule plus had to plan a day in advance what I was going to eat. I am not saying you have binge eating but I am sure normalized eating would work for a lot of different things. I know myself it is something I need to get back to doing. How is the Covid recovery coming along? You are not catching a break between Covid and now surgery.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. Happy tuesday.
    Check in for 10/25:
    Steps - 5922. Gym, movie and shopping.
    Calories - 1857. Snacks, snacks and more snacks. Mega crap.
    Exercise - gym in the morning. 7 machines and 20 minutes on the bike. Moderate intensity. 5.5 miles level 9 intervals.

Nice gym session! What movie did you see? I took my granddaughter to the marvel movie on the weekend. I think it maybe the first marvel movie I ever saw.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    a5n68fs7ecnd.gif

This is a hard one as October has definitely been a challenge for me. I think working hard on reaching my zone goal each week. I am very aware now when doing my pool exercises to keep my heart rate up.
  • tahm42
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Covid recovery is coming along. I have been walking and doing circuits. Walking my heart rate has been lower which shows some improvement in lung function. My muscles are coming back also. My calve doesn't look like a slack sack when I raise it in the air. I just feel like a prize fighter waiting for the bell to ring for the next round. I truly will not be on the road to recovery until I get this done.

I am so jealous of your pool time. You are making me want to spend yet more money on another access pass to a pool.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in (10/25 stats):

Steps: 16,524
    Floors: 13
    Calories Burned: 1,246

Daily Intensity Minutes:
    Moderate: 92
    Vigorous: 194
    Daily Total Intensity Minutes: 286

Total Intensity Minutes For The Week: 286

I left floor climbed out of 10/24 stats. They were 6.
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    heyyyyyy work has been aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh.....they also started that Omada health program thing so I've been trying to work on that.....this time of year I LOVE soooooo much but then it's also so emotionally hard!!!!! idk how to handle everything maybe. I hope everyone is doing ok.

PW: 264.2
    CW: i got a new scale, and was immediately heavier! 267.8

Steps
    10/17 5327
    10/18 1937
    10/19 5213
    10/20 1576
    10/21 3875
    10/22 1117
    10/23 3608
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    WTGNicole wrote: »
    heyyyyyy work has been aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh.....they also started that Omada health program thing so I've been trying to work on that.....this time of year I LOVE soooooo much but then it's also so emotionally hard!!!!! idk how to handle everything maybe. I hope everyone is doing ok.

PW: 264.2
    CW: i got a new scale, and was immediately heavier! 267.8

Steps
    10/17 5327
    10/18 1937
    10/19 5213
    10/20 1576
    10/21 3875
    10/22 1117
    10/23 3608

Thanks for posting .... If you ever need to go on support all you need to do is let Me or Linda know
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Steps for the last 2 weeks. I know last weeks dont count but I am adding them for accountability.

10/10. 10,164
    10/11. 18,836
    10/12. 24,680
    10/13. 15,118
    10/14. 22,673
    10/15. 15,014
    10/16. 16.827
    10/17. 12,081
    10/18. 29,057
    10/19. 18,415
    10/20. 19,711
    10/21. 15,412
    10/22. 26.216
    10/23. 10,661
    10/24. 17,704
    10/25. 11,489
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Time for another camel to walk thru your work spaces.

@lindamtuck2018 we saw 'the last duel'. Definately not for the younger crowd, squeamish.
    Check in for 10/26:
    Steps - 7368. Lots of window shopping. Hit a mall I haven't been to in a very long time. It is a dead one with a lot of empty stores.
    Calories - 1675. P.f.chang for lunch. Refused to eat all of mine, even though it was really good.
    Exercise - arm exercises with dumbbells. Want to hit a walk or gym tomorrow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @tahm42
    Glad to hear that. The pool is great. It is one of the reasons we picked the apartment building we are living in. It is a decent size pool.

@WTGNicole
    New scales do that sometimes. What is the omada health program?

@Bluetail6
    That’s a fantastic burn!

@amymartin555
    You have some amazing steps in there.

@rwood566
    Window shopping is so much fun! Nice steps!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    a5n68fs7ecnd.gif

Time to reflect again! What did you struggle with this month? How can you improve on this in November?

• shortyjmorgan1
    Options
    a5n68fs7ecnd.gif

Time to reflect again! What did you struggle with this month? How can you improve on this in November?

Drink enough water and avoiding the I am tried and don't want to cook excuse
This discussion has been closed.