WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    @Pearl4686 I also weigh daily and absolutely love seeing the data. You definitely have to be in the right headspace about it - you'll have a great day and be up because you ate later than usual or drank more water or something like that. As long as you can look at that logically then I think weighing daily is best. The data has helped me so much and over time I actually don't feel bothered by the number when it goes up but like @DD265 it allows me to think about the reasons and if I do have legitimate reason to make a change, I can do that.

@holymanhibbard We live in Alberta and we love mountain hiking too! Great to have you with us. I am sad to hear things feel so helpless but being here for yourself is a great first step. We are all finding our way in some fashion... looking forward to being part of your journey!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @jugar you did not miss my weigh in. I didn't post Wednesday because I was mad at my digestive system and today I totally forgot to step on the scale, so I apologize, but I assure you, there will be data from me first thing tomorrow am.
    I should become a daily weigh person and then use the weekly average like some other do. Makes for less fluctuation maybe.

I should check into my macros or the nutrient values I'm logging as it seems I need to up my fibre intake.... Things just aren't processing as quickly as I would like! 😉🤣
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey: I feel your pain. I started eating atkins endulge bars (peppermint patty, chocolate mousse, chocolate caramel squares, and coconut are all good). They have a lot of fiber and all but the coconut ones are low calorie and low carb.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    MoStacy wrote: »
    @jugar , I weighed in last Wednesday…see comment on 10/27 :)

PW: 206
    CW: 206 lbs

I swear I had put it in, too - there must be a spreadsheet gremlin running around removing numbers :grimace:
  • jugar
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Here's a quick update:
    I have been really good with food, staying under (but very close to) my calorie goal most days. Unfortunately, I did no workouts but I did pick-up an old rowing machine from someone who didn't want it, so I'm going to try that as I get bored of doing the same thing for too long.

I downloaded the app Libra to track my weight daily. This is a tricky issue for me as I have a compulsion to weigh daily but then reward/punish myself with food. I have tried sticking to weekly but find that hard so I'm hoping the tracking will rewire my brain to accept the daily fluctuations. Anyone else do this?

Logging food used to work a treat, helping me lose weight quite consistently but now I worry that age has slowed me down, I'm turning 40 soon. That's another thing to work on- patience...

Have a wonderful day everyone

I'm 67 - and yeah, logging gets old sometimes! But gradually we get it through our heads that it works, keeps on working, and while breaks are OK, I know at least for myself that non-logging for too long usually pushes my weight up. I have a very boring eating routine most of the time, and I know when I'm on target usually, but then the "treats" slip in if I'm not logging. And once they do, it is hard to shift them out again! When I'm feeling the need to be extra careful, I log before eating. Every time. Or read the labels and put the thing down!

Daily weighing can be useful as long as you don't take a dip as a reason to reward yourself with food, or a gain to beat up on yourself. It is information about how your previous day went, but then there are all the unexpected elements like salt, exercise timing and intensity, hormones, and probably a million other things. I have weighed daily for 10 years, with a few exceptions for travel, days when I KNOW the number will be bad (just skip those sometimes!), or just taking a break for a week or so to see how I do. I like having the information and then thinking about what might have influenced the day's numbers.
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am truly grateful for the kind words you all offered to me, I’m just in a place of hopelessness that I won’t be able to lose the weight. I’m going to pick myself up, and keep trying, and start doing a few things. I live in maine, and absolutely love mountain hiking, but have been really busy, and not able to do much, I also love to do woodworking. I recorded my weight, and this is where I stand:
    pw: 219
    cw:219.5

Wonderful! You're off to a start. Maine is gorgeous for hiking - I'm only an hour and a half from the Maine border in Québec, and I have had many a happy time hiking there. But even a 20 minute walk outside helps make the habit. No need to go for a huge exercise session, a long hike, or anything like that at first - short walks are a great way to start. And then if you do more because it is just so great outside, you feel like a hero.
  • jugar
    Options
    I am amazed! We walked from North Dakota to Texas?? What a feat with our feet :smiley:

I have had a very low step day today - I started off well, my nose is less plugged up, so I did a good Pilates 30 minutes with upper body work, and it felt good. But then after lunch I spiked a crazy fever and decided to let it burn for a while to kill off whatever it is I am fighting (covid test was negative!). So I guess it will take a few more days to get rid of the thing. Hmmph. Makes me grumpy. No exercise bike tonight again.

So gang, we are heading into the last couple of days of Week 1 November. Time for

43w7qbw73cig.png

@EvMakesChanges
    @happimess01
    @Steph1498
    @kellie_erin
    @Micki48
    @bonnie_red
    @jugar
    @gak71
    @Pearl4686

Both pairs of sisters are in there! I love it. There are still a couple of people from earlier days, but I'll pester you tomorrow if you haven't caught up. Promise :wink:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 199
    CW 197.2

Great loss, Ashley!!!🎉🙂👏🏼
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    @holymanhibbard Visualize what you want to achieve. Write down your goals. They should be small and specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time bound (SMART) Focus on one or two goals at a time.

When I started with this group, I did not get regular exercise. After some time, (maybe close to a year) I decided to focus on getting just 15 minutes of exercise a day. I kept a visual chart where I filled in the day when I completed it. Something about filling it in helped. There are lots of trackers available on the internet. I am not the most robust workout person here, but I am happy to report I get regular exercise now. Good luck! You can do this. And let us know what you decide to do. It’s helps with accountability. 2pba3zdqnnsc.jpeg

Logged and closed my diary under. Haven’t met my step goal yet today, but I may go bounce now. Chilly, gloomy, rainy day here so no walk.
  • jugar
    Options
    bonnie_red wrote: »
    CW 164.2lbs

Up from last week, but this had a couple nights of beers with friends, so I'm trying to cut myself some slack and enjoy the experience.

It is really too bad that beer is so calorific! It can be so nice to have a beer or 2 with friends, but the scale reminds us that we should not go there too often. One good thing about this cold - I have no desire for beer at all! Sometimes a nice time with friends is totally worth it, though. You'll get rid of it again, I'm sure!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @jugar I finally got on the scale. 196.0

Hockey last night was a workout! We had fewer players than usual so lots of ice time. It felt good after missing last week. I've been playing Centre which means I'm supposed to do more end to end skating than I'm used to as a Defence so I have to remind myself to stop being lazy and kick it into gear to backcheck. My Garmin said my heart rate was over 160 for 19 minutes! That's unheard of for me.

Enjoy your weekend everyone

This discussion has been closed.