WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the loss @PlaneMonkey ... sounds like a fun hockey game last night!

@Pearl4686 Great weigh-in to get November kicked off! It's so great when moving your body feels so good.

@happimess01 And he still keeps marching on! How are the 180's feeling? Hope your new job (well not SO new anymore ;)) is still going well
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @YinxFed
    Holy Moly, Yinka! You give us a lot to think about. I saw those photos you posted when you went to your nephew's wedding, and I have to say, I agree with your husband. You looked beautiful. But I know that feeling of remembering an event when you felt pretty amazing but the photo makes you feel bad! I think it happens the other way around, too. I look back at some photos from way back when, and I know at the time I thought I looked terrible, but now I see those photos and want to go back and have a strong word with myself! I DID look good. Maybe not as good as I wanted to, but there was nothing to get negative about in there.

So your view is through the lens of wanting to look as good as you feel, or as good as you want to. That is not a terrible lens, and if it helps you stick to your goals and get even more amazing, then go for it! We can look amazing in all shapes and sizes, but matching the feeling to the reality is the hard part sometimes. Remember @happimess01 telling us about the fear of being at a pool party without his shirt on for the first time? He was afraid he looked terrible, but actually, he was looking pretty danged good. And now he looks even better. So yeah - fear and appearance and the gaze of others - it is all a deep and confusing soup. We just have to laugh about it and move on, I guess!

Lift those weights, people!

totally agree. Lifting is really helping me look good in clothes for now and if I do it long enough, without clothes as well. This thread is full of ladies who look amazing thanks to lifting - https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky/p1
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I can't even look at you, what is going on with that chiseled jawline of yours? Meanwhile I still have traces of a double chin over here ughh!

180s are what I am calling the slim fit decade. I was wearing regular fits so far but now I am starting to pull off the slim fits. And they are the reason my motivation in the gym is so high. I kept hearing from others how they fell in love lifting but it wasn't just happening for me and now I realize the reason. Once I started wearing the slim fits to the gym and see my muscles move, it's addicting (vain, I know). Infact, my motivation is so off the charts I came close to throwing up twice bcuz of how hard I was pushing myself lol. Who needs Jillian Michaels eh?
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    CW: 185.2

So many things added to this: school stress, period, and Halloween chocolate bars. I was hoping for an all green November after such a disappointing October and now that's not going to happen. I'm trying not to spiral out, but this amount of stress and busy-ness are going to continue for the foreseeable future. I'm worried I'm just going to balloon back up and that my joints are going to continue to hurt and my fitness goals of doing one chin up and running a marathon will never happen.

F*** depression. Sometimes I don't have the energy to pull myself out of these negative spirals and that's usually the time when I need it the most.

Anyways, hopefully tomorrow will be better. You all are doing amazing!
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @kellie_erin: Take it one day at a time and remember you can only do what you can do. Everyone has those moments they feel overwhelmed. Just remember tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start. I know what you mean about Halloween chocolate being around. Luckily I have no kids at home and we took our leftover Halloween candy to donate to treats for troops. They make care packages for our soldiers that are deployed and they need it more than I do.
    Take a minute out of your busy day, take a deep breath, think about where you want to go, and how your going to get there. I know my goal for this month is to get below 300 pounds. If I am tempted by something I don't need I ask myself which will feel better.. eating this or seeing that number go down on the scale. It works for me...I usually side with the number going down on the scale. You got this and we are here to lend a listening ear. Use us! Lol
    Kim
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @kdblpn thank you for your kind words and advice! I'm going to start asking myself that question, hopefully the number on the scale side going down will win.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @happimess01 You look great and it's fun to hear that you found your motivation for lifting

@kellie_erin I totally get the disappointment over losing an all green month, but you can still have green for the next three weeks! It's scary to feel like you're losing control of it all but you just being here is a great sign. You have a lot going on and if you're dealing with depression on top of it I know that feeling okay about all of this will be easier said than done. Hopefully you can find some small wins in the next few days and feel like you get your mojo back.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    CW: 185.2

So many things added to this: school stress, period, and Halloween chocolate bars. I was hoping for an all green November after such a disappointing October and now that's not going to happen. I'm trying not to spiral out, but this amount of stress and busy-ness are going to continue for the foreseeable future. I'm worried I'm just going to balloon back up and that my joints are going to continue to hurt and my fitness goals of doing one chin up and running a marathon will never happen.

F*** depression. Sometimes I don't have the energy to pull myself out of these negative spirals and that's usually the time when I need it the most.

Anyways, hopefully tomorrow will be better. You all are doing amazing!

One perfect day. Plan your food ahead. Make it easy to know what it is you're going to eat, and then as soon as the planned food is gone, you say "I'm done with breakfast!" "I'm done with lunch!" etc. and get up and walk away. If food goes well for one day, it is amazing how much that improves everything. One day. You can do it!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    @EvMakesChanges Great loss this week! Woo HOOOOO!

@happimess01 You are in the slimfit decade and that is amazing, even if you still feel like your chin needs to be doing some heavy lifting too. And your lifting stuff is going full pin (as they say here in Québec) - I just hope you won't go as far as losing a meal while lifting, even though I know some trainers who see it as a sign of success if they push people that far. OK, they're in the Army. Dealing with a squad who might need a little correctional action. For normal people, it is not recommended!!

I think I am finally getting to the end of this cold and should be able to drag out the kettlebells and get on the exercise bike in another day or two. For today it was just errands and a bit of Pilates.

My weigh-in is today too - I'm going with the weight from a couple of days ago because today was crazy low after all this fever and not eating much. I know it won't stick there.

PW - 115.8
    CW - 114.4

The week is screaming up to its close! Here are the remaining weigh-ins to get us through Saturday:

@Steph1498
    @Micki48
    @gak71
    @evangsimmons170
    @sljjjembeca

Happy weekend! And extra hours for those who change back to standard time this weekend :smiley:
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    11/5 exercise- 8913 steps and 20 mins Peloton

Had a nice visit with my Mom tonight. Stayed up way too late! Have dinner with friends tomorrow. Lots of little events and meals out to navigate as of late but so far with a bit of planning I've been managing.

@conleywoods Sounds fun - hope you and your husband had a lovely time

I am getting very excited for @bowens1973 to get home on Sunday night!!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Saturday morning, first hard frost out there. Hi, I'm Sylvia, 52, just south of Boston, Ma. I've been with Waistaways since Jan '20 when I'd reached a top weight. All the magic ingredients came together (accountability, support, focus, determination & I swear there's some switch that flips that makes it easier to not reach for the cake) and I did great. Boy am I glad I didn't just leave F2F at that point because maintenance is NOT easy. Right now I need to find that switch again and flip it in the other direction. I have come to learn some of situations that drive me to the binge, now I need to find the substitute action to take. I feel like a broken record. One thing I do know is that this team helps A LOT...thank you.
    My goal is to lose 10 lbs by my birthday in mid-January....and then STAY there. I'm going to do that by logging my food, dropping the sweets (again!) and forcing myself out for a walk in the long dark winter evenings.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey and @jugar I'm so sorry to hear that both of your fathers have dementia. My dad started with that 6 or so years ago and in my opinion, it's when it just starts (or is finally realized) that is the hardest time (hellish to be honest) as everyone tries to adjust and the person with dementia still has moments of clarity. Support for their partners to be able to have some time to themselves is so important. Every situation is different, but happy to share things that we've found helpful. Good luck and big hugs to both of you.

@conleywoods I shared your comment regarding the sleep CBD with a longtime friend with longtime insomnia issues and she's ordered it....had been thinking of trying it for several months now. Crossing fingers it helps. It was very helpful to have a 'review' from a real person, rather than relying on the reviews on the website - are those real people (?) you never know. Gorgeous sunset photo!

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    iwsjseqcg2eb.jpg
    This was the beautiful sunset that kicked off the weekend at my house 😍🤩😍 Not sure how we got so lucky with all this color because it rained all day. This pic isn't enhanced or brightened either.

Congratulations on a great weigh in for so many 👏 Such a great job!

@happimess01 No throwing up at the gym!!! Sounds like the fastest way to get kicked out of the gym on a 21 day quarantine 🤣

My husband and I have been fitting in regular date nights on Friday. Usually they are just quick little get ways, but tonight the kids had a sleepover with grandma. It's nice to get out for a little more time together.

Oh @conleywoods This photo literally took my breath away. I had just finished a really nice stretch and relax pilates practice, had on "spa" music, saw this photo and tears came to my eyes. Thank you for being part of that moment. It's just beautiful and you are so lucky to have the view. I am grateful that you shared it and for such beauty in nature. What a way to start the day. Thank you. <3

@jugar Guess what? I got on the scale this morning, my old weigh in day, and I was 198.6!!! Not a tenth of a pound. Glad I decided to weigh every day after yesterday's conversation. I think I will do that for awhile again. Don't know if we should change it or leave it where it was a one tenth of a pound, but I am recording it in my app.

Have a wonderful day my friends!!!

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @sljjjembeca I totally understand how how it can be sometimes to keep up with all the posts, especially if you are new. Some of us have been here quite a while and it's still a lot at times. The best advice I have is to check in every day if you can. Read what you have time for, comment or respond to others if you can (This is actually easier on a computer than the phone), and post a quick update, so we know you are there. You don't have to respond to everyone. It will get easier. When the group is really robust, which is great, it means there are also way more posts to keep up with. Sometimes, the group can be very quiet. It cycles like everything else. Like you said, just keep at it. You will get to know us and how it goes. Most important, check in everyday. No one wants to see 75 posts to read! LOL
This discussion has been closed.