Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Time for another friday. Did anyone watch the lunar eclipse?

Check in for 11/18:
    Steps - 10970
    Calories - 1575 or close. Made gingerbread cookies. Ate 1 serving only. Woohoo.
    Exercise - 2.5 mile walk with daughter. Slow pace. At least she walked. Tomorrow is sea world to get our free ornament.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,493 Member
    Options
    Went for our walk this morning ...46 degrees and patchy fog ... we walked 118 minutes..5.32 miles ...Got my labs done ...see him next week ... I also got summoned to jury duty ... I will have to call on Friday the 26th and possibly go in on Monday ughhh ...

That sounds cold for where you are from. Nice walking! I got out of jury duty as I was going to the Dominican. I believe her you will not be called again. Hope your labs are good.

Thursday Weigh Day
    PW: 221.6
    CW: 221.6

Staying the same is better than an increase.

daily check in thursday
    calories: under
    exercise: 135 minutes; walking and dancing
    steps: 10,000
    have an amazing day, everyone!

Wow! Lots of exercise minutes. Well done!

Weigh in Day- Thurs
    SW: 107.1
    PW: 104.9
    CW: 105.3

Hormones...

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming

Put it behind you. It doesn’t change the fact you lost 4 pounds this month.

MJ_Keto wrote: »
    Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been engaged this week. Work is super crazy right now, my boss just landed a promotion so I'm getting a temporary promotion and will be doing two jobs for awhile. A lot is getting piled on my plate at once. My weigh-in last Friday was great and I was so happy, but this week the scale has bounced up - argh! I can tell I'm retaining water (stress, lack of sleep, etc.), plus it didn't help that I had a bit of a binge Monday night. I'm dreading my weigh-in tomorrow, but I know I need to just move on and start fresh and not worry too much. I did manage to fit in a 3 mile run on Tuesday evening, and tonight I did a super short run on the treadmill and then took my dog for a rainy moon walk. With Thanksgiving next week, I'm not planning to see a big loss in pounds, but hopefully I'll at least maintain where I'm at.

It is amazing how many factors affect weight gain. Hopefully, the stress will settle soon. Try to find me time even with your busy schedule.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Time for another friday. Did anyone watch the lunar eclipse?

Check in for 11/18:
    Steps - 10970
    Calories - 1575 or close. Made gingerbread cookies. Ate 1 serving only. Woohoo.
    Exercise - 2.5 mile walk with daughter. Slow pace. At least she walked. Tomorrow is sea world to get our free ornament.

Fabulous steps Roger! I didn’t see the eclipse. I started my diamond painting. I ordered a magnifying glass as I can’t read some of the letters. Hopefully that will be here today.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh in Day- Friday
    PW: 227.3
    CW 224.0 (loss 3.3 lbs)
    LTD: 23 lbs
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Calories who knows, its in the hands of the gods
    Steps 8751

So hadn't done zumba for a couple of days because my partner had flu symptoms and was sleeping a lot so didn't want to disturb him.
    I work in aged care so every time one of us sneezes we both have to get tested and I have to stay home until we get the result (we are both full vaxxed and came back negative as expected). So I've been so strict with my food this week but working from home today decided to treat myself to sushi train and I lost my mind in there and ate so much rice 😭

Then being Friday night we both started drinking and that of course led to chocolate. Hate to think what damage I've done. Still I did a new FitOn routine twice today and walked around our top paddock in circles because I felt so guilty about sushi train. So my steps are great but doubt it will make up for the excesses of the day.
  • rwood566
    Options
    Rwood566
    weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 256.8
    CW: 252.4. (-4.4 LBS)
    LTD: 312.2

my weight finally jumped odd the plateau it had been on.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We walked 122 minutes 5.39 miles and burned 648 calories ...wasn't that foggy when we left at 5:50am but it got more foggy while we were on our walk
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    check in 11/19
    calories- under
    steps 11.220
    exercise minutes 125
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    check in 11/19
    calories- under
    steps 11.220
    exercise minutes 125

Great steps.. You are not on the step challenge that we have ...Are you wanting to be on it ? If so I need for you to pledge your steps ( a # you plan to it daily) Also I have a conversion chart so I can convert most things into steps as long as you tell me if it was lightly, moderate or vigorous and for how long ...I hope you want to join :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am finally eating my keto popcorn ...and it actually taste like popcorn

Here is the recipe if anyone is interested ...I got the white cheddar powder off of amazon
    https://ketopots.com/keto-popcorn
  • rwood566
    Options
    Good evening everyone. One more work week done. Time for another of the dwindling few weekends left this year. Go out and enjoy it.

Check in for 11/19:
    Steps - 10178
    Calories - somewhere around 1750. Went to sea World for their Christmas shows and only ate part of a churro in 5 hours. Then went out to dinner and had chicken fried steak and mashed potato. Luckily I ordered from the "little less" menu so I got a decent portion. About 850 calories for dinner despite me eating all of it.
    Exercise - no official exercise but the sea World trip was my longest time at a park yet. Sore feet and back.

@Beautyofdreams I think I may have a disorder of some sort. Since I have a max calorie count I am terrified to surpass it and if I do then I feel horrible. I do fear going back up in weight, so that drives me. Honestly, if I had half of the stuff you have been through lately I would have given up completely. Your resilience and fortitude is amazing. I know your feeling on thanksgiving right now. I am the same way at Easter. I had to say goodbye to my mom on it as she was fighting cancer. Please find a bit of this holiday to be happy about and carry it over to next year, then add another bit to it. In time the pain will lessen enough.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW(9/1/20): 194
    PW: 138.8
    CW: 138.8
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1000
    Steps 11438 woo!
    Did a lot of walking while shopping. Took the furkids for separate walks ups and down the driveway, its a long driveway worth about 800 steps for a round trip. Then a tabata workout. We've switched to this as the choreography is easier than the zumba and we can concentrate on just doing the workout instead of trying to get the moves correct.

Went to the dr today to get my blood test results. So even though my liver is riddled with fat, my liver function is still normal which I think really surprised the dr. Doesn't mean I can ignore it though, I still have to work really hard at my diet, it just means I've got a second chance, no permanent damage to the liver yet, so I should be able to 100% reverse this over time. I've purchased a book all about reversing fatty liver disease written by a well respected dr with meal plans and advice so looking forward to that arriving. Also have an appointment booked with a dietitian in a few weeks. I just want to really understand what I should and shouldn't be eating and take the guess work out if it.

Sorry bit of a long essay tonight, thanks for reading.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh in Day- Friday
    PW: 227.3
    CW 224.0 (loss 3.3 lbs)
    LTD: 23 lbs

Fantastic loss and walk! b]

Daily check-in
    Calories who knows, its in the hands of the gods
    Steps 8751

So hadn't done zumba for a couple of days because my partner had flu symptoms and was sleeping a lot so didn't want to disturb him.
    I work in aged care so every time one of us sneezes we both have to get tested and I have to stay home until we get the result (we are both full vaxxed and came back negative as expected). So I've been so strict with my food this week but working from home today decided to treat myself to sushi train and I lost my mind in there and ate so much rice 😭

Then being Friday night we both started drinking and that of course led to chocolate. Hate to think what damage I've done. Still I did a new FitOn routine twice today and walked around our top paddock in circles because I felt so guilty about sushi train. So my steps are great but doubt it will make up for the excesses of the day.

Your steps are awesome! Sometimes we just need to have an off day. Looks like you got right back on track. That is really good your liver function is normal. I apologize if I asked already but did you have a liver biopsy yet? Dietitians are a great resource. I see one every three months.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 256.8
    CW: 252.4. (-4.4 LBS)
    LTD: 312.2

my weight finally jumped odd the plateau it had been on.

Awesome loss! Great check in. I think you should count that as exercise. You were walking a lot.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    check in 11/19
    calories- under
    steps 11.220
    exercise minutes 125

That’s a lot of dancing! Awesome steps!

Yesterday went to an orthotic appointment and had my inserts adjusted. Also had my feet measured. Since the bone infection, my right big toe has swollen. Now wear a wide shoe on the right foot. Since weight loss my right foot went from a sz 11 to a 9.5 and the left foot is now a 10. See my Family doctor to get a referral to PT since can’t lift toes up on right foot.

Today did my second day of exercise. Could cry at how little weight can lift now but told myself it’s a good opportunity to work on form. It was really nice to see people that haven’t seen since been away from the gym and glad to see others there wearing masks. Finally got calories below maintenance today. Have been overeating for the past month.

Feeling a little raw today. Last year Kevin went into the hospital on Thanksgiving and died of Covid complication on December 9, his birthday. Just don’t want to be alone during the holidays so very clingy to my relatives.

@tahm42 wishing you a successful surgery and rapid recovery.
    @shortymorgan wishing you a quick recovery.
    @rwood566 you are so disciplined with your diet. What is your secret? We had ginger sandwich cookies filled with almond flavored marshmallow frosting. I have been in them way too much.

Wishing everyone happy holidays with family and friends.

You will be surprised how fast you will see increases in the amount you can lift. Have patience with yourself. Cling as much as you need to your relatives. I can’t imagine how tough reliving the anniversary. Sending you lots of hugs.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW(9/1/20): 194
    PW: 138.8
    CW: 138.8

Hi Lee! Hope all is well and you are getting lots of intensity minutes.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps ✅
    Calories ❌
    Close Rings ✅

I am ashamed once again to put a red mark next to my calorie intake. It’s not my meals but because of late night eating and binges. I think I get so worried about it happening that it snowballs and I eat or binge.

Good news is my 2 week old granddaughter was released from hospital. I was so worried about her. I am off to the pool in a few minutes. I am going to swimming laps and do a pool workout. Just need to leave enough time for stretching. Grocery shopping afterwards.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps 11,210
This discussion has been closed.