• jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Nov 22, 2021)
    PW: 212.9
    CW: 216
    SW: 240

Ugh! Sorry to hold the team back - I took a big step backwards after another weekend on the road - this time to Bloomington, Indiana to see our daughter perform in her last (senior) marching band home football game. Tailgating with friends equated to too much food and drink. I did get a lot of steps in on Saturday and I'm sure most of it is water weight but I really need to buckle down with Thanksgiving coming up in a few days.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Question

We are getting very close to the holidays. Our American teammates have Thanksgiving this Thursday. Christmas is a month after that. What do you see as your biggest struggle this holiday season? In a few days, we will look at ways to help with the obstacles of the holiday season.

Well I'm Thankful for the fact that we don't have Thanksgiving in Australia LOL. Hoping Christmas won't be too bad either, we don't do the family lunch thing. It's just me and my partner and we normally eat and drink all day but we will just have to be a bit more mindful of what we do this year. I'm basically going to stick to raw seafood because I love sashimi and oysters. The big thing will be trying not to drink too much but my partner found me a nice non alcoholic sparking wine so I can pretend to drink.

Feeling a bit bummed at the moment, I'm being so good with my calories but my weight has gone up! Can't understand it, feeling very frustrated. I know that weigh fluctuates yadda yadda, but when you feel like you've basically been starving yourself for a week and nothing happens it very disheartening.
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda and Megan. If you could please put me over into maintenance for a few weeks and take me out of the step challenge. I have a few things going on and am taking a break for a bit. I should be back soon. Thank you.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda and Megan. If you could please put me over into maintenance for a few weeks and take me out of the step challenge. I have a few things going on and am taking a break for a bit. I should be back soon. Thank you.

I will just excuse you from the step challenge and when you are ready to start again you just let me know and I will remove the EXC.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Please take care of yourselves first over the upcoming holidays.

Check in for 11/22:
    Steps - 4751. Walked around the block with daughter to make the count. Talked about our upcoming trip to Disneyland on the 7th.
    Calories - 1536. Salad without dressing for lunch and ahi tuna for dinner. 2 desserts though, which was bad.
    Exercise - 0.6 miles around the block just to stretch legs.

We seem to be losing a few people now. Take care of yourselves and thank you for being a part of this group.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1000
    Steps 5580
    Back at work today so not much walking around.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    Tahm42
    Tuesday:
    PW:214
    CW:212

This week has been great but I have not had any lifting. I have only been walking or running on the elliptical. Watch those 2 lbs come right back when I do even light lifting. It's all good.

This year I am doing a seafood feast instead of turkey. I live in the low country so seafood is a definite sustainable native staple. Menu: Cajun stirfry- Zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, asparagus and onion. Of course there is lots of spice. Salmon. Shrimp. Crab cakes. Grits. Bacon and sausage on the side to add to any dish. Dessert- Keylime pie, pecan, pear and fig pie, cookie tray, home made cherry cordials.

Here are the things I may add. Collard greens, black eyed peas, cornbread, and pumpkin bars. Opinions? too much? there will only be 8 of us.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options

Do you want to be moved to maintenance or support. If you are going to maintenance I need a maintenance range.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Nov 22, 2021)
    PW: 212.9
    CW: 216
    SW: 240

Ugh! Sorry to hold the team back - I took a big step backwards after another weekend on the road - this time to Bloomington, Indiana to see our daughter perform in her last (senior) marching band home football game. Tailgating with friends equated to too much food and drink. I did get a lot of steps in on Saturday and I'm sure most of it is water weight but I really need to buckle down with Thanksgiving coming up in a few days.

Never apologize. We all have bad weeks. The most important thing is you are here and being accountable. Sounds like a fun weekend.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

We are getting very close to the holidays. Our American teammates have Thanksgiving this Thursday. Christmas is a month after that. What do you see as your biggest struggle this holiday season? In a few days, we will look at ways to help with the obstacles of the holiday season.

Well I'm Thankful for the fact that we don't have Thanksgiving in Australia LOL. Hoping Christmas won't be too bad either, we don't do the family lunch thing. It's just me and my partner and we normally eat and drink all day but we will just have to be a bit more mindful of what we do this year. I'm basically going to stick to raw seafood because I love sashimi and oysters. The big thing will be trying not to drink too much but my partner found me a nice non alcoholic sparking wine so I can pretend to drink.

Feeling a bit bummed at the moment, I'm being so good with my calories but my weight has gone up! Can't understand it, feeling very frustrated. I know that weigh fluctuates yadda yadda, but when you feel like you've basically been starving yourself for a week and nothing happens it very disheartening.

Mindfulness on the holidays can make a big difference. Do you weigh and measure your food? If not you can be adding extra calories. Also, you should never feel like your starving yourself. Remember always eat at least 1200 calories. I understand you are frustrated but have faith in the science. As long as you are creating a deficit the weight will come off. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to be patient and accept that there will be unexplained weight gains.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Please take care of yourselves first over the upcoming holidays.

Check in for 11/22:
    Steps - 4751. Walked around the block with daughter to make the count. Talked about our upcoming trip to Disneyland on the 7th.
    Calories - 1536. Salad without dressing for lunch and ahi tuna for dinner. 2 desserts though, which was bad.
    Exercise - 0.6 miles around the block just to stretch legs.

We seem to be losing a few people now. Take care of yourselves and thank you for being a part of this group.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with two desserts. Sounds like your meal was delicious and knowing you the desserts were small portions. I am so jealous of your Disney trip.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Tahm42
    Tuesday:
    PW:214
    CW:212

This week has been great but I have not had any lifting. I have only been walking or running on the elliptical. Watch those 2 lbs come right back when I do even light lifting. It's all good.

This year I am doing a seafood feast instead of turkey. I live in the low country so seafood is a definite sustainable native staple. Menu: Cajun stirfry- Zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, asparagus and onion. Of course there is lots of spice. Salmon. Shrimp. Crab cakes. Grits. Bacon and sausage on the side to add to any dish. Dessert- Keylime pie, pecan, pear and fig pie, cookie tray, home made cherry cordials.

Here are the things I may add. Collard greens, black eyed peas, cornbread, and pumpkin bars. Opinions? too much? there will only be 8 of us.

First of all, can I please come to your thanksgiving dinner? I don’t think it’s too much just make smaller dish sizes. Maybe get or make the pies in a smaller size. Send leftovers home with guests.

Nice loss! I think weight lifting is more important than 2 pounds. Eventually, the water weight from lifting will go away.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps ❌
    Close Rings ✅

No pool yesterday as both elevators were down and I live on the 11th floor. I did several mini walks so I could close my exercise ring. Hopefully, if the pool gods are in my favour I will get there today.

Have a great Tuesday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps 6,928
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Weigh in reminders

Tuesday
    @Beautyofdreams

Wednesday
    @jayenguk
    @cormierannie

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I found this on mindful eating. I am terrible for doing other things when eating. We tend to eat in front of the tv. I do read a book while eating when my husband is at work. This actually slows me down as I take a bite, read a page and so on.

242rhz9jpmip.jpeg
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question
    What is one thing you can change so you are mindful when eating?

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Question

Stop tasting or snacking while cooking
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am worried about Aspen ...She is not eating the dry food that the vet gave us ... She knows the horse pills are in her wet can food that the vet gave us so she won't eat that anymore ... I am running out of creative ways to get her to take her horse pills .... I made a pumpkin cream cheese concoction and opened up her pills and sprinkled the powder into it ... she use to eat it with a spoon ... now she will only eat it off my finger ... Will be calling the vet later ...my Dr's appt is today but I am terrified of driving since it is dense fog until noon ... think I will be calling them at 7am to see if we can do a virtual call
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Question

Only eat at the table. No where else in the house.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @tahm42 --Your dinner sounds amazing! Jealous just a little 😉.
This discussion has been closed.