Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, Sorry I missed checking in yesterday, I had cataract surgery on my left eye, so I took the rest of the day off and just rested because I had a headache and couldn't see tablet screen.

Today, saw my regular eye Dr, After checking my eye for reading glass, Dr said to go to dollar store and buy a cheap pair of glasses, until all the swelling goes down. Because I may or may not need reading glasses after all the swelling goes down. He said to wait and see, instead of spending a lot of money on a pair I'll probably only need for a short time. The cheap eyeglasses help me to be able to see the tablet screen. So Happy that I can see more clearly of things around me, instead of all blurry and foggy. Hopefully, I may not have to wear glasses anymore except to reading glasses. 😅😄

Starting 12/20/21, I'll be starting water physical therapy, don't know at this time how often per week I'll be going, until the first visit. Have some problems with mobility that is why I'm starting water physical therapy. My primary Dr says it will help me more, than using regular physical therapy. ( Which I have already tried and it didn't help much).

Things are starting to become more clearer and better then before. Lol 😄

I bet you will like the water therapy. I do a lot of my physio exercises in the pool.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Username aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Weigh in day Thursday
    CW 105.3
    SW 105.9

Thanks for weighing in. I hope your week was a little less chaotic then the previous week.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. ARE YOU READY FOR THE WEEKEND??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!
    Check in for 12/4:
    Steps - 3718
    Calories 1615 or so. Way to many snacks. 666 calories worth. Ugh.
    Exercise - 0.6 mile walk around the block to test my back. Better than yesterday but running out of days. Have to decide sunday night if we go to disneyland.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW(9/1/20): 194
    PW: 138.4
    CW: 138

This was my weight for Thursday, 12/2. I posted on my wall, but forgot to post here.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1127
    Steps 4125

Very lazy day today didn't get up until midday. Very tired all day so didn't do much. Did eat a salad for the first time this week so that's something I guess.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    The December Habit Tracker is up and ready for you to plan and set up for success in December. Be sure to plan which days you won't worry about, and which days you hope to stick to the straight and narrow!

Go to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850312/december-habit-tracker#latest

Find your team, and go for it! It is up to you to update your own progress daily.

@jugar I'm really excited about the habit tracker. Thanks so much!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. ARE YOU READY FOR THE WEEKEND??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!
    Check in for 12/4:
    Steps - 3718
    Calories 1615 or so. Way to many snacks. 666 calories worth. Ugh.
    Exercise - 0.6 mile walk around the block to test my back. Better than yesterday but running out of days. Have to decide sunday night if we go to disneyland.

I am excited! You still have decent calories even with the snacking. I hope your back improves drastically by Sunday. Have you tried some back stretches.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW(9/1/20): 194
    PW: 138.4
    CW: 138

This was my weight for Thursday, 12/2. I posted on my wall, but forgot to post here.

Nice loss! How far until you reach goal? I don’t have an initial starting weight for you. Can you let me know it as we use it to celebrate milestones.
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1127
    Steps 4125

Very lazy day today didn't get up until midday. Very tired all day so didn't do much. Did eat a salad for the first time this week so that's something I guess.

we all deserve lazy days. Your steps are great for a lazy day.
  • peng123
    Options
    Daily Check-In

Happy Saturday Downsizers! I'm getting ready to head out to the grocery store to do my shopping for the week. I had a great day yesterday - here's my info:

Exercise: 56 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 14,458
    Calories: 1,196

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Steps ✅
    Close Rings ✅

The pool is closing on Monday for maintenance. Not sure how long it will be closed. During that time I won’t be able to reach my converted step goal as it is based on swimming and pool workouts. I did try doing weights for about 10 minutes yesterday along with the treadmill. My back pain was so bad last night as a result and I couldn’t sleep. I do get my second back injection on Thursday so I am praying that it works. I am having neck pain now and my face goes numb which I am sure is related to the nerve issues in my back. There is so much riding on the injection including my trip to Scotland. Yes, I am whinny and cranky today! 😂 I am off to the pool (have to take advantage the next 2 days) and then grocery shopping. My 9 year old granddaughter is coming for the night so she will keep me busy the rest of the day. Sorry for the long post.

Have a super Saturday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps 8,136
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
    Options
    The December Team Chat is UP! Time for new month introductions, commitments, and starting off on the right foot. Continue final weigh-ins here, and head to the new chat to get December officially started:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850336/downsizers-team-chat-december-2021/p1?new=1
  • peng123
    Options
    The December Team Chat is UP! Time for new month introductions, commitments, and starting off on the right foot. Continue final weigh-ins here, and head to the new chat to get December officially started:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850336/downsizers-team-chat-december-2021/p1?new=1

@jugar Thanks so much for this. My weigh day is tomorrow. Do I report that on this chat or on the new one for December?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,784 Member
    Options
    I am worried about my husky Aspen... She whined in her kennel most of the night(I was up at 2am with her all the way until 6am .... she hasn't been eating and she is struggling with going to the bathroom ....I will be calling my vet at 8am to see if we can bring her in.. I am thinking the bladder stones might be stuck ..
  • rwood566
    Options
    @peng123 you will report it here for this week and then there afterwards.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,784 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »

@jugar Thanks so much for this. My weigh day is tomorrow. Do I report that on this chat or on the new one for December?

You will weigh in on the December chat
  • rwood566
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 sorry about the pool maintenance. I hope it doesn't last long. Good luck with the shot. I do stretching, back and body aspirin, heating pad, cream and mobility for the back. It is getting better but not sure if it will be good enough. 2 hour trip each way.

@Bluetail6 nice weigh in.

• peng123
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @peng123 you will report it here for this week and then there afterwards.

@rwood566 Thank you!
  • peng123
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »

You will weigh in on the December chat

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Thank you!
  • peng123
    Options
    I am worried about my husky Aspen... She whined in her kennel most of the night(I was up at 2am with her all the way until 6am .... she hasn't been eating and she is struggling with going to the bathroom ....I will be calling my vet at 8am to see if we can bring her in.. I am thinking the bladder stones might be stuck ..

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I hope Aspen is ok - please keep us updated.
  • LazyKat_changingherworld
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018, I used to love swimming and I'm sure that I will enjoy water exercising also. Have to go to a bigger town where there is a physical therapy pool that you're able to walk into.
This discussion has been closed.