Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
uu3v74n788sh.png

Here is your Team chat room for November 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - open
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,493 Member
    Options
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. If you can’t weigh in just let me know. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier for us to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    Checking in daily is important. It is the key to making the group work for you. You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge, recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.

Team Motivator
    We are looking for two team motivators. If you think you maybe interested or want more information please let us know.

If you have any suggestions for the group please let myself or Megan know.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself?
    2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    5. What is your favourite way to workout?
    6. What are some of your goals this month?
    7. What do you expect to gain from the team?

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in (10/28 stats):

Steps: 14,674
    Floors: 7
    Calories Burned: 994

Daily Intensity Minutes:
    Moderate: 23
    Vigorous: 168
    Daily Total Intensity Minutes: 191

Total Intensity Minutes For The Week: 1,015
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    pxjso4qw326x.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Tell us a little about yourself?
    See my introduction. Fun fact about me: I was in the military for 7 years.

Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    To become healthier and be around for awhile. My diabetes was not controlled and I was have issues related to diabetes.

What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Nighttime eating and stress. I try to keep a normal routine and keep stress to a minimum. As for foods, potato chips are my downfall. I only bring single size seeing’s into my home now.

Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    Basic calorie counting.

What is your favourite way to workout?
    Swimming, I am a fish!

What are some of your goals this month?

1. Minimum 5k steps on Fitbit and 11k converted steps
    2. 500 zone minutes weekly
    3. Lose 3 pounds
    4. Stay within calories

12. What do you expect to gain from the team?
    Support, accountability and motivation. (Have been getting this since February 2019)
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome@Melaniebl2000!
    My name is Annie. I'm a mom to my amazing 16 year old daughter. I have two budgie birds.
    I'm on this journey to be a healthier and stronger person. I like to dance, to play tennis, to do arts and crafts. I also enjoy watching sports teams in hockey, soccer, baseball ⚾, football and basketball,among other sports. I'm a huge tennis 🎾 fan.
    My triggers are boredom, stress and night time eating.i try to do other things that do not revolve around food, such as watch a movie, read, dance, listen to music.
    I just do basic calorie counting.
    My favourite way to workout is to dance.
    A few of my goals for November:
    Walk at least 6,000 steps every day
    Drink at least 9 cups of water 💦
    Lose at least 3 pounds
    To stay within my calorie range
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,263 Member
    Options
    Please let me know as soon as you can if you want to be added, removed, Excused etc. for the step challenge by 10/31 so I can add your names and step count to the November Spreadsheet ...Thank you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,263 Member
    Options
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

1. Tell us a little about yourself?
    2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    5. What is your favourite way to workout?
    6. What are some of your goals this month?
    7. What do you expect to gain from the team?

1. Hello everyone. My name is Stephanie even though I go by Shorty (my son is 6'5" and my husband is 6'3" and I barely come in at 5'2" standing on my tippy toes hence the nickname). I just turned 45 in October and love spending time with my boys and my 3 dogs. I am an avid hiker and love doing endurance hikes.
    2. I am on this journey to get my health back and to feel better. What pushed me to really start my journey is when I had a tumor removed from my breast. I wanted to make sure I was healthy to face what was coming.
    3. My triggers are stress and boredom. When stress happens I read everyone's post on here or go for a walk. The boredom I am working on. I just started reading new history books and I am working on a writing project with my husband. We want to tell my father's story about the Vietnam War.
    4. I am not really into the diets so much as just trying to stay within my calories and making sure I exercise.
    5. I love hiking. If I could be on the trail year round I would
    6. I am still trying to hit under 150. I would love to be close to 140 by the end of the month. Second is to drink more water
    7. The amazing support that everyone gives.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening all. Happy saturday night. Please have a safe Halloween.

Check In for 10/30:
    Steps - 3385
    Calories - 1625
    Exercise - not today. Thigh very sore from roller coasters.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Daily Check-in (10/29 stats):

Steps: 2,006
    Floors: 7
    Calories Burned: Day off.

Daily Intensity Minutes:
    Moderate: 0
    Vigorous: 0
    Daily Total Intensity Minutes: 0

Total Intensity Minutes For The Week: 1,015
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @cormierannie
    Another fellow nighttime eating and stress eater. You have great strategies to deal with situations that may cause over eating.

@shortyjmorgan1
    Nice ways to deal with stress eating. Your writing project sounds amazing. It’s nice to know about peoples nicknames/username.

@rwood566
    Even though your thigh is sore that is an awesome NSV fitting on a roller coaster. Also very brave as I won’t go on them as I cry I am so scared. 😂

@Pippin20206
    Nice loss! I like your goal of rewriting your eating habits. With me I am still evolving them even after 2 years.

@Bluetail6
    Good for you taking a day off. Your body most likely needed it.

@jayenguk
    Sometimes we need to take a few days to get back on track. Just try to be mindful of what you are eating.

@Melaniebl2000
    Welcome to the team!

This discussion has been closed.