Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Also - Can someone please show me how to reply to a post? I see people replying to the posts of others, but I don't see how to do that. Every time I hit "post reply" it's just a new entry that doesn't include the post of the person I'd like to reply to. Thank you!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Also - Can someone please show me how to reply to a post? I see people replying to the posts of others, but I don't see how to do that. Every time I hit "post reply" it's just a new entry that doesn't include the post of the person I'd like to reply to. Thank you!

Press the quote at the bottom of the persons post. It will open that post in a new comment and you can reply. You can also put the @ symbol in front of a persons username and they will get a notification.

ie.
    @peng123
    Hope your day is going well.
  • peng123
    Options

Press the quote at the bottom of the persons post. It will open that post in a new comment and you can reply. You can also put the @ symbol in front of a persons username and they will get a notification.

ie.
    @peng123
    Hope your day is going well.

@lindamtuck2018 Thank you SO MUCH!!!
  • peng123
    Options
    I know this is early but I wanted to know if anyone wanted to be added to the December step challenge that I am in charge of within our amazing Downsizers team .... basically all you do is give me a number that you will try to hit daily and post your steps daily or weekly which ever is easiest ... I post reminders of the people's steps I need on Sundays ... I also have a conversion chart that I can convert almost any exercise into steps you just tell me what for how long and was it leisurely, moderate or vigorous ..Please let me know since I will be doing the December step challenge soon ....

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I would love to be included in the December step challenge. 10,000 for me. Thanks!
  • peng123
    Options
    Steps ✅
    Close Rings ✅

Making a stew for supper with a ton of veggies. I am loving all the badges/challenges on the Apple Watch. December’s challenge is to close your exercise rings 23 days in the month. I am determined to get this one. Swimming and a cardio workout today as yesterday I did legs. Have a super day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps 11,780

@lindamtuck2018 I also love the badges/challenges on the Apple Watch - but - I think Apple must base the number of days to close exercise rings on previous exercise - because I only have to complete 2 days - I really need to increase my exercise! :D:D:D
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    We have another new member heading our way .... please welcome @MeowScout :)
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,814 Member
    Options
    Tahm42
    Tuesday:
    PW:212
    CW:214

Sorry I am late! Began lifting again and of course the pounds came back. However looking in the mirror at the gym I like the ripples I see under my skin! My arms and shoulders actually look like I work out. Now for the rest of me. I bought the eat more 2 weigh less app this week and I like it so far. I am just aggravated that I am starting something and in 14 days I will have to stop due to surgery. But it will still be there when I am ready for it.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/30: 18,269
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,541 Member
    Options
    cormierannie
    pw: 165 pounds
    cw: 163 pounds
    weigh in day: wednesday

calories under-yes
    fitness minutes- 140
    steps 12,460
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

MeowScout, Lisa
    47yo, 5'2, Springfield, IL
    SW 157 (11/25/2021)
    WI Fridays
    CW 153 (12/1/2021)
    UGW 160 (by May 2023)
    I want to be able to go on our Troop High Adventure Trip in the summer of 2023.

Here I am! Hello everybody. This is my first challenge with MFP. I have had an account for a long time, but I usually used it to crosscheck or find nutrition info. But I have finally got my head and heart ready to be healthy. My weight is the ONE thing that feels like failure. So I am so thankful to be here really making connections to help me move into a healthy and fit lifestyle, and I hope I can encourage others, too!

Also, @Megan_smartiepants1970, please include me in the Steps Challenge for December. 6000 daily, please.
  • peng123
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »

MeowScout, Lisa
    47yo, 5'2, Springfield, IL
    SW 157 (11/25/2021)
    WI Fridays
    CW 153 (12/1/2021)
    UGW 160 (by May 2023)
    I want to be able to go on our Troop High Adventure Trip in the summer of 2023.

Here I am! Hello everybody. This is my first challenge with MFP. I have had an account for a long time, but I usually used it to crosscheck or find nutrition info. But I have finally got my head and heart ready to be healthy. My weight is the ONE thing that feels like failure. So I am so thankful to be here really making connections to help me move into a healthy and fit lifestyle, and I hope I can encourage others, too!

Also, @Megan_smartiepants1970, please include me in the Steps Challenge for December. 6000 daily, please.

@MeowScout Welcome Lisa! I don't know what a Troop High Adventure Trip is but it sounds really fun!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,136 Member
    Options
    Another new member will be joining you soon! Please welcome @LazyKat_changingherworld Thanks!
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Daily check-in
    Calories 1017
    Steps 7420

Nice steps! Did you walk or do archery to increase you steps?

Actually no, I don't know where the extra steps came from, it was just a normal day for me. Must have done more walking around the office than normal.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 4.88 mile walk ... 1st walk this week since I was busy with Jury Duty... Felt great to get back out there with my daughter and Aspen the husky :)

I can not believe my birthday is coming up on the 29th ...this year flew by quicker than last year

Snap! My birthday is on the 29th as well!
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @MeowScout Welcome Lisa! I don't know what a Troop High Adventure Trip is but it sounds really fun!

In BSA Scouts lingo, a High Adventure trip is at one of the several official High Adventure Bases. I don't know which one our Troop will do then, yet, but we do a high adventure trip usually every other summer. This summer we will have one week of Summer Camp and then later we will have an extended weekend Canoe-through river camping trip. But the high adventure trips go through the BSA and you have to submit a HA physical. MEANING I have to meet the maximum weight requirement, no exceptions. Fortunately, the allowances are more than the BMI chart used by many doctors in the US. But I need to be diligent about my weight loss if I am going to make it. Also (shhh, don't tell!) it looks like I might be the next troop Scoutmaster beginning this summer. This Scouter needs a fitness overhaul! Next summer, the troop can choose from Philmont, altitude West mountains hiking; Northern Tier, a canoe trip through the Boundary Waters of Minnesota; or Seabase, ocean canoeing among the islands off the coast in Florida. Everyone who goes has to meet the weight max for their height because if you get injured, your team has to be able to carry you to help. Isn't that comforting?!
    * Lisa *
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,136 Member
    Options
    Another new member will be joining you shortly! Welcome @katie19_19 - I'm sure you'll have a great time on this team.
This discussion has been closed.