Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Hello Downsizers! I am brand new to this group. My name is Cara (@peng123). I'm a 55 year old woman living in Richmond, VA. I have probably gained and lost thousands of pounds in my lifetime. Since I'm getting older, I have been determined to change my lifestyle and lose the pounds for good. I started on April 12th of this year and as of this morning, I've lost 70 pounds. I have 30 pounds left to go and I'm hoping to have those pounds off by April 11th, 2022. These last pounds will require more work than the first 70 - so I'm looking forward to contributing to our team!

Welcome to our awesome team ... Glad to have you join us .... Congrats on losing 70lbs :) I am one of the co-captains of this amazing team ...We will be doing introductions for December and we will have a new chat for December coming soon :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am off to the courthouse for jury duty ..I hope you all have a great day :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/29: 18,300
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,517 Member
    Options
    calories- under
    fitness minutes 149
    steps 11,538

have a great day, everyone!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 138.1
    CW: 142.6

Yesterday I literally ate 2.5 lbs of nuts in a guilt driven eating binge. I know what I need to do to ease my conscience so hopefully this will end the spiral. Have been scheduled to start physical therapy next Thursday(which is the day that Kevin died and also was his birthday). Will be good to have the distraction that day. Tomorrow am going to orthotics for follow up visit. Need to ask them a few questions while they evaluate the toe. Sunday I call in to see if I am in the jury pool. The courtroom is on the 3rd floor so will get in a lot of stairs if they call me.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @peng123 welcome Cara 70 pounds lost is a huge accomplishment! Great job and wishing you continued success on the last 30 pounds.

@lindamtuck2018 so glad the sleep clinic was so helpful. Wishing you great results with physical therapy and pain management. With your swimming and increased activity, you are in a great place to take full advantage of physical therapy.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Hello Downsizers! I am brand new to this group. My name is Cara (@peng123). I'm a 55 year old woman living in Richmond, VA. I have probably gained and lost thousands of pounds in my lifetime. Since I'm getting older, I have been determined to change my lifestyle and lose the pounds for good. I started on April 12th of this year and as of this morning, I've lost 70 pounds. I have 30 pounds left to go and I'm hoping to have those pounds off by April 11th, 2022. These last pounds will require more work than the first 70 - so I'm looking forward to contributing to our team!

Welcome to the team! Congratulations on your 70 pound loss.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Week 5

It’s the last week of the November challenge. It’s time to reflect. What did you do well? What did you struggle with? Please share with the group. Don’t forget to ask your teammates for suggestions if you need it!

Well what a month it's been, getting the diagnosis of fatty liver disease was a punch in the stomach (pun intended). But I guess it took a lot of the excuses and complacency away about how I've been living my life. I thought the hardest thing was going to be dropping my alcohol intake, I used to drink a couple of rum and cokes every night and basically drink from lunchtime onwards every weekend. I once said to my partner "I was drinking a coke and thought, this taste weird, and then I realised it was because it didn't have any rum in it, because it was 11am, and I was a work" LOL

Was starting to seriously think I might have a problem, but I've managed to almost completely cut alcohol out without too much difficulty. I'm still allowed the occasional drink (I think at the moment I've been having about 1 a week), but no more binging and instead I've found a passable non alcoholic sparkling wine to enjoy.

I've struggled with finding healthy food that I like and still swing between eating almost nothing to overdoing it on the "good" fats I'm allowed. I definitely need to make an effort to eat more leafy greens (which I hate). Exercise is sporadic at the moment, most nights I'm just so tired from work I can't be bothered doing anything, but I need to at least keep up the walks with the dogs. Having the step tracker can be really motivating though as you just want to keep moving to get the numbers up.

Overall I'm pleased with how I'm going, I basically did a full 180 turnaround after my night in hospital. I used to eat chips and chocolate all day everyday at work (no exaggeration, it was literally what I would start eating for breakfast and eat all through the day), have a big fatty rice bowl with aburi salmon, teriyaki sauce and lots of mayonnaise for lunch and then binge on triple cream soft cheese for dinner. Basically the only green I used to eat was the wasabi I had with sashimi!

Looking forward to seeing you all in the Dec group. Thanks to the lovely moderators, motivators and kind words from everyone. I don't always post much but I love reading everyone's posts and really appreciate the words of support our motivators give.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I know this is early but I wanted to know if anyone wanted to be added to the December step challenge that I am in charge of within our amazing Downsizers team .... basically all you do is give me a number that you will try to hit daily and post your steps daily or weekly which ever is easiest ... I post reminders of the people's steps I need on Sundays ... I also have a conversion chart that I can convert almost any exercise into steps you just tell me what for how long and was it leisurely, moderate or vigorous ..Please let me know since I will be doing the December step challenge soon ....
  • Pippin20206
    Options
    I know this is early but I wanted to know if anyone wanted to be added to the December step challenge that I am in charge of within our amazing Downsizers team .... basically all you do is give me a number that you will try to hit daily and post your steps daily or weekly which ever is easiest ... I post reminders of the people's steps I need on Sundays ... I also have a conversion chart that I can convert almost any exercise into steps you just tell me what for how long and was it leisurely, moderate or vigorous ..Please let me know since I will be doing the December step challenge soon ....

Yes please, same target as last time 7000 per day.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone. How was your last day of November?

Welcome, @peng123, to the group. Congrats on 70 lb lost and good luck on the last 30.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 you should have held out longer on jury duty. See what was for dinner. Lol

Check in for 11/30:
    Steps - 7018. A lot more shopping.
    Calories 1815. Still to high for me. I will be happy when the holidays are over.
    Exercise - none. Shopping a lot but when time for a walk body said it was time for my bowels to start working again. Walk or gym early morning, hopefully.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 244.2
    CW 244

had a bad week kinda of but managed to keep myself at the same weight some how ..back on it now full on!
  • Pippin20206
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1017
    Steps 7420
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Week 5

It’s the last week of the November challenge. It’s time to reflect. What did you do well? What did you struggle with? Please share with the group. Don’t forget to ask your teammates for suggestions if you need it!

Food has been my biggest struggle. Nighttime eating along with binge eating has been bad. What I did well was my exercise. Since November 5th, I only have 2 days that I did not do some form of activity.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Oh - I see people doing a daily check-in - here's mine:

Calories: 1,136
    Steps: 10,909

Yes, some of us check in daily. Feel free to share what you would like. It can be your steps, exercise, calories, sleep or any other goal. Share your victories or ask for some help if you are struggling.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    calories- under
    fitness minutes 149
    steps 11,538

have a great day, everyone!

Over 2 hours exercising is awesome. Is it mostly dance and walking? I was considering dancing in the pool but anyone else swimming might think I am off my rocker. 😂

Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 138.1
    CW: 142.6

Yesterday I literally ate 2.5 lbs of nuts in a guilt driven eating binge. I know what I need to do to ease my conscience so hopefully this will end the spiral. Have been scheduled to start physical therapy next Thursday(which is the day that Kevin died and also was his birthday). Will be good to have the distraction that day. Tomorrow am going to orthotics for follow up visit. Need to ask them a few questions while they evaluate the toe. Sunday I call in to see if I am in the jury pool. The courtroom is on the 3rd floor so will get in a lot of stairs if they call me.

Did you get a pain in your stomach? It is amazing how much food we can consume in a binge. You have a busy week and hopefully it distracts you. Getting through the week is going to be tough on this first year anniversary of Kevins passing but I have seen how strong you are this last year. Hugs Deb!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Greetings everyone. How was your last day of November?

Welcome, @peng123, to the group. Congrats on 70 lb lost and good luck on the last 30.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 you should have held out longer on jury duty. See what was for dinner. Lol

Check in for 11/30:
    Steps - 7018. A lot more shopping.
    Calories 1815. Still to high for me. I will be happy when the holidays are over.
    Exercise - none. Shopping a lot but when time for a walk body said it was time for my bowels to start working again. Walk or gym early morning, hopefully.

You sure do shop a lot. Can I hire you to finish my shopping? 😂. I get terrified when I think about all the high calorie days this month. My Mom is coming for Christmas and she loves to get lunch out. Enjoy your walk today!

jayenguk wrote: »
    username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 244.2
    CW 244

had a bad week kinda of but managed to keep myself at the same weight some how ..back on it now full on!

Good for you jumping right back into your plan!

Daily check-in
    Calories 1017
    Steps 7420

Nice steps! Did you walk or do archery to increase you steps?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps ✅
    Close Rings ✅

Making a stew for supper with a ton of veggies. I am loving all the badges/challenges on the Apple Watch. December’s challenge is to close your exercise rings 23 days in the month. I am determined to get this one. Swimming and a cardio workout today as yesterday I did legs. Have a super day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps 11,780
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Good morning, Downsizers! Here's my daily check-in:

Calories: 1,100
    Steps: 10,498

Since I started in April, my eating has been absolutely on-point. It's the exercise that is the problem for me. Since it's December 1st, I decided to start an exercise advent calendar of sorts. My goal is to do some form of exercise every day this month. It can be any type of exercise including stretching and yoga - as long as it makes my muscles stronger or more flexible, it counts! Today I did 45 minutes on the elliptical machine in addition to some stretching - so things are starting out well. I saw that this group has a goals checklist - I'm really excited to begin using it when the December spreadsheet is posted.
This discussion has been closed.