Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Had Thanksgiving dinner at home with my mother, sister, her husband and a cousin. Did that because extremely lactose intolerant and potlucks are a nightmare for me. Went to large family dinner after eating. Visited with relatives that haven’t seen for two years. Not a mention of my changed appearance but a few stares. There are usually 35 to 49 of us at Thanksgiving. Met some new people, caught up with out of state relatives and stayed until supper then went home. Had an emotional binge eating episode that night. Felt sick so couldn’t sleep well.
    Hopped on the scale today and was 3 pounds heavier than yesterday. Really have to work on coping skills. Today my mom, sister, aunt and I decorated the church for the start of advent on Sunday. Felt a bit useless because the stairs are difficult for me and not walking normally after so long in casts. Were able to get the church decorated and boxes put away by 3pm. So happy that is completed. Now to decorate our house.
    Wishing everyone a joyous holiday season.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Hope you will have a great weekend.

Check in for 11/26:
    Steps - 8846. Had more but had bags in my watch hand. No biggie.
    Calories - 1850 or so. Another piece of pie for dessert. Didn't buy a hickory farms gift box, which is good.
    Exercise - shopped with wife in the morning, shopped with daughter after dinner.
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options

I hope your son feels better soon. Yes, reread your post. It was one of the best motivational post I have read.

Aww thank you. Coming from you that means a lot.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1000
    Steps 9998
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    My house smells yummy .... I made homemade beef jerky and crock pot navy bean soup with the ham hock from yesterday's dinner ... I will be having corn bread with it soon ... at 6pm I have to call the courts to see if I have to go in for jury duty ...crossing fingers that I don't...

@lindamtuck2018 ...thank you for your comment about my loss :)

Book a trip to the Dominican. I was supposed to do jury duty 8 years ago but I had a trip booked to the Dominican so they let me off. Fingers crossed you don’t have to go in. 🤞
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/26: 19,232
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Had Thanksgiving dinner at home with my mother, sister, her husband and a cousin. Did that because extremely lactose intolerant and potlucks are a nightmare for me. Went to large family dinner after eating. Visited with relatives that haven’t seen for two years. Not a mention of my changed appearance but a few stares. There are usually 35 to 49 of us at Thanksgiving. Met some new people, caught up with out of state relatives and stayed until supper then went home. Had an emotional binge eating episode that night. Felt sick so couldn’t sleep well.
    Hopped on the scale today and was 3 pounds heavier than yesterday. Really have to work on coping skills. Today my mom, sister, aunt and I decorated the church for the start of advent on Sunday. Felt a bit useless because the stairs are difficult for me and not walking normally after so long in casts. Were able to get the church decorated and boxes put away by 3pm. So happy that is completed. Now to decorate our house.
    Wishing everyone a joyous holiday season.

Sounds like you had a lovely thanksgiving. You have been through so much lately and now Kevin’s anniversary is approaching so I can see why you are having emotional eating. I understand the binge eating to deal with emotions. Do you have any crafts or anything like that to keep your hands busy when feeling like this? I just bought a diamond art to do hoping to distract myself at night when the urges to binge start. Those 3 pounds will disappear pretty fast as most of it is bloat.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Hope you will have a great weekend.

Check in for 11/26:
    Steps - 8846. Had more but had bags in my watch hand. No biggie.
    Calories - 1850 or so. Another piece of pie for dessert. Didn't buy a hickory farms gift box, which is good.
    Exercise - shopped with wife in the morning, shopped with daughter after dinner.

Awesome steps. Darn Fitbit not counting steps when your hands are not moving.
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1000
    Steps 9998

Another stellar day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh in reminders

Overdue
    @MJ_Keto

Saturday
    @Piqueaboo
    @Aqualang26
    @red1185
    @MariEverAfter

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    have a great day, everyone! it is a cool day here today, my daughter says hi to everyone. i enjoyed a long walk earlier. i will be doing some dancing later on. take care and stay safe.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,940 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1000
    Steps 9998

Can you please post your steps for the week again? ... Somehow I am missing some ...Thanks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,940 Member
    Options
    I do have to go to jury duty on Monday ... none of the groups were excused ... I go in at 9:30am ughh
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day
    Username: Pippin20206
    PW: 197.5
    CW: 193.1

Woo! I'm sure it won't stay like this, it seems to be bouncing around like a yoyo at the moment but celebrating the small wins when they happen.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @red1185 fluctuations are normal. Someone described maintenance to me as gaining and losing 5 pounds over and over. It’s a real feat to maintain much less lose weight over the holidays so feel proud of getting back in track si quickly with diet and exercise.

@lindamtuck2018 that is pretty ambitious interval training on the bike today and walking, swimming and shopping. Is there anything that makes your back feel better like foam rolling or ice or a tens device? But you are very strong and determined to work through the pain.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 What is it like being in the jury pool? Have you been on a jury and how long can a trial last? How long do you have to stay at the courthouse? I am in the jury pool this month for my county for December so curious on what to expect.

It was 51 degrees today so walked a slow mile. The first half wasn’t too bad but got tired on the second half and could not pick up my toes. Walked like Igor in the old Frankenstein movies all the way home. Dragging my right leg and hunched over to put weight on the other leg. Will be less ambitious the next time. Don’t want to be injured before return visit to ortho on Wednesday.
    Four pounds extra in this weight range makes a big difference on me. Measured hips, waist and under bust today. They are all 1/2 inch larger than previous. This is a great reason to work on keeping weight in a tight range as there isn’t much wiggle room before I outgrow my clothes and it was too expensive replacing all my clothes and shoes to have to do it again.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @red1185
    I know it’s hard to see gains but by checking in here each Saturday it is accountability. Keep counting the NSV’s.

@Beautyofdreams
    Bike and treadmill was yesterday. Pool and shopping I did today. I find relief by taking frequent rests and not standing or walking for too long. The pool is a pain free zone for me. I am using the tens and hot pad right now. I am getting a second injection in my back on December 9th and I am praying this one works. Take it slow as you certainly don’t want an injury.

@Pippin20206
    Fantastic loss! You are setting the bar high for week 5 for the rest of us.

@cormierannie
    Enjoy your dancing tonight.

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Hope you enjoyed your saturday.

Check in for 11/27:
    Steps - 12689.
    Calories - 1692. I hope it is close. Ate lunch at the zoo.
    Exercise - 2hr 45 min at the zoo. Only left because of the crowds. I wanted to go on but daughter wanted to leave. Went to the gym after dinner with daughter. Did 9 machines and just started on bike when daughter said she would wait outside, in the dark. Um, no. Got 6 minutes on the bike moderate intensity. I want to get a walk in tomorrow morning.

Don't know how I will do eating. Taking wife out for 34th anniversary. She wants to go to texas roadhouse (again) or olive garden. Still trying to finish off Thanksgiving leftovers so bfast and lunch will be that.

Have a blessed sunday everyone.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Hope you enjoyed your saturday.

Check in for 11/27:
    Steps - 12689.
    Calories - 1692. I hope it is close. Ate lunch at the zoo.
    Exercise - 2hr 45 min at the zoo. Only left because of the crowds. I wanted to go on but daughter wanted to leave. Went to the gym after dinner with daughter. Did 9 machines and just started on bike when daughter said she would wait outside, in the dark. Um, no. Got 6 minutes on the bike moderate intensity. I want to get a walk in tomorrow morning.

Don't know how I will do eating. Taking wife out for 34th anniversary. She wants to go to texas roadhouse (again) or olive garden. Still trying to finish off Thanksgiving leftovers so bfast and lunch will be that.

Have a blessed sunday everyone.

With all those steps looks like you did lots of moving at the zoo. You were a fitness monster yesterday. Do you find you are using more weight on the machines since returning to the gym? Happy Anniversary!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps ✅
    Close Rings ✅

Woke up super early today. Yesterday, I treated myself to a candy cane hot chocolate at Tim Hortons. It was delicious but at 330 calories it won’t be something I have everyday. Off to the pool at 9 am so I am going to do some housework while waiting.

Happy Sunday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps 13,113
This discussion has been closed.