Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options
1313233343537»

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,263 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    I am worried about my husky Aspen... She whined in her kennel most of the night(I was up at 2am with her all the way until 6am .... she hasn't been eating and she is struggling with going to the bathroom ....I will be calling my vet at 8am to see if we can bring her in.. I am thinking the bladder stones might be stuck ..

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I hope Aspen is ok - please keep us updated.

I am off to the emergency vet ... My vet says she is worried and that I need to get her in immediately so off we go ... My vet says she sounds like she has a blockage ...she has bladder stones ...will keep everyone updated when I know more
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am worried about my husky Aspen... She whined in her kennel most of the night(I was up at 2am with her all the way until 6am .... she hasn't been eating and she is struggling with going to the bathroom ....I will be calling my vet at 8am to see if we can bring her in.. I am thinking the bladder stones might be stuck ..

I am off to the emergency vet ... My vet says she is worried and that I need to get her in immediately so off we go ... My vet says she sounds like she has a blockage ...she has bladder stones ...will keep everyone updated when I know more

She has a possible stone inside her urethra she is still with them ... possible surgery but I will have my vet do it since the emergency place is way to expensive ....
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options

She has a possible stone inside her urethra she is still with them ... possible surgery but I will have my vet do it since the emergency place is way to expensive ....

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm glad they were able to diagnose it quickly - sending good wishes for Aspen's speedy recovery!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,490 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In

Happy Saturday Downsizers! I'm getting ready to head out to the grocery store to do my shopping for the week. I had a great day yesterday - here's my info:

Exercise: 56 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 14,458
    Calories: 1,196

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

I can’t do 5 minutes on an elliptical let alone 56 minutes. Amazing!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Hope Aspen recovers quickly!
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Red1185
    PW: 162.0
    CW: 162.2

While it’s not what I want, I’m ok with it.
    Happy Saturday. GO DAWGS! 🐶
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    11/27: n/a - didn’t wear my Apple Watch
    11/28: 1,484
    11/29: 9,354
    11/30: 7,816
    12/1: 7,678
    12/2: 6,971
    12/3: 5,922
  • peng123
    Options
    Just some positives I wanted to share:

1. I wore a size 16 pants for the first time in over 20 years yesterday
    2. I see big changes in my body shape as a result of swimming
    3. My resting heart rate is at 61
    4. I haven’t had any binges or nighttime eating in almost 2 weeks

@lindamtuck2018 Those are amazing achievements! Congratulations!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm glad they were able to diagnose it quickly - sending good wishes for Aspen's speedy recovery!

Thanks ....They did find a stone that was making it hard for her to use the bathroom ....they tried to remove the stone but it broke ... Aspen is at home now ...on more meds ...she is out of it so she is sleeping right now
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. It's been a quiet day here today. My daughter says hello to everyone. I did go for a walk in the afternoon and I feel great. I just finished doing some dancing. Take care and stay safe, everyone.
  • peng123
    Options

Thanks ....They did find a stone that was making it hard for her to use the bathroom ....they tried to remove the stone but it broke ... Aspen is at home now ...on more meds ...she is out of it so she is sleeping right now

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Does Aspen still need surgery?
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @littleflutterby Welcome back. It is good to have you back.

Spent the day with my sister shopping. Bought a pair of tennis shoes that fit me and my inserts. Had to buy mens shoes. Why do women's wide shoes only come in ugly colors?
    I am tentatively scheduled for physical therapy next Thursday. Hope that I get to go. Looking forward to walking now that have shoes that fit. Tomorrow night I call in to see if I report for jury duty.
    Wishing everyone a festive holiday season!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Does Aspen still need surgery?

Not at this time...we see her regular vet this Friday
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry I passed faulty information. @peng123 sorry I passed along faulty information.

I hope Aspen can recover quickly.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Check in for 12/4:
    Steps - 5802. Trying to walk further each day. It is still sore but I got a mile in today. It isn't looking like we will make Disneyland though.
    Calories - 1760 or close. Had 2 desserts. I need to get that under control soon.
    Exercise - 1 mile slow walk this afternoon and a bit of shopping in the morning.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Steps:
    11/27: n/a - didn’t wear my Apple Watch
    11/28: 1,484
    11/29: 9,354
    11/30: 7,816
    12/1: 7,678
    12/2: 6,971
    12/3: 5,922

Some great steps in that list!

Hi everyone. It's been a quiet day here today. My daughter says hello to everyone. I did go for a walk in the afternoon and I feel great. I just finished doing some dancing. Take care and stay safe, everyone.

Great job with your walking and dancing!

@littleflutterby Welcome back. It is good to have you back.

Spent the day with my sister shopping. Bought a pair of tennis shoes that fit me and my inserts. Had to buy mens shoes. Why do women's wide shoes only come in ugly colors?
    I am tentatively scheduled for physical therapy next Thursday. Hope that I get to go. Looking forward to walking now that have shoes that fit. Tomorrow night I call in to see if I report for jury duty.
    Wishing everyone a festive holiday season!

I hope you get to go your your physio. Happy walking!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Check in for 12/4:
    Steps - 5802. Trying to walk further each day. It is still sore but I got a mile in today. It isn't looking like we will make Disneyland though.
    Calories - 1760 or close. Had 2 desserts. I need to get that under control soon.
    Exercise - 1 mile slow walk this afternoon and a bit of shopping in the morning.

That’s to bad about your trip. I am glad your back is on the mend. It is great that you have such good insight into your eating. I am sure you can nip it in the bud.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Please move over to the December chat. Don’t forget to introduce yourself.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850336/downsizers-team-chat-december-2021/p1?new=1

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.