Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,791 Member
    Options
    We have another new member joining us ... Please welcome @dsgoingtodoit :)
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daiky check-in
    Calories 1107
    Steps 5944
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    @peng123
    I love your advent calendar idea.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Nice walk!

@tahm42
    Seeing those positive changes in your body is way more important than the scale. What is the eat more 2 weigh less app? I couldn’t find it in the App Store.

@cormierannie
    Awesome loss! You are killing it with the exercise.

@MeowScout
    Welcome to the team! Scouts keep you busy. The troop high adventure trip sounds exciting. I always mix up scouts compared to the guiding and scouting program in Canada. Here the guiding program allows girls and the scouts allow both boys and girls. I have been a leader in both programs.

@LazyKat_changingherworld
    Welcome! Congratulations on your weight loss so far.

@Beautyofdreams
    I hope the infection stays away. It is scary that you can have diabetes related trouble even when you regulate your blood sugars. Good luck with the online dating.

@katie19_19
    Welcome!

@littleflutterby
    Welcome back! I hope you had an amazing trip.

@rwood566
    Rant away! It’s good to get it all out. That sucks about your back. Rest your back and hopefully it feels better in a few days.

@dsgoingtodoit
    Welcome aboard!

@Pippin20206
    Great day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Steps ✅
    Close Rings ✅

Yesterday’s workout sucked. I started my laps and it was like I hit a brick wall of exhaustion. I only swam for 8 minutes and tried to do a cardio workout. I only managed 12 minutes before stopping. I didn’t even stretch yesterday. I am feeling pretty exhausted today so I am not sure what I am going to do today.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps 8,156

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,791 Member
    Options
    Well hello there! I'm Donna from North Texas/USA. I'm told to give you guys a little intro - so brace yourself for the excitement! ;D I'm down from 277 in Jan. of 2020, currently at 264, 262 yday...up and down...I know how it goes... Anyway - I'm aiming to ultimately lose down to 140. For now - I'm aiming for 7 lbs this month. It's been a rough year...but I do have nothing but blessings to sing about overall. I'm a recent breast cancer SURVIVOR(thank you God!) who is now on Tamoxifen. Bracing myself for side effects and so forth...but focusing on the fact that I'm fighting for a future with my family. I'm a divorced Mom of 2 guys 15(homeschool this young man) and a 21 yr old currently at home going to college and working. I'm blessed that my Mom survived a widow maker heart attack in March and is doing well physically. However, we lost my Father in May so my Mom is so sad after 53 years of true soulmate living...and I hope that I can help her through this season of life as we mourn my Dad. Sadly...we also lost my cousin's husband and her Mom... very close part of our family. Why mention that "stuff"? Well - I think it impacts my mental attitude...and I choose how I respond. I choose to focus on living that healthy lifestyle that doesn't waiver despite circumstances. I work from home...and I turned 50 this year. Look forward to getting to know you guys.

Welcome to our amazing group Donna...So happy to hear you are a breast cancer Survivor ...I too homeschool my daughter always have (we are with K12 cava) ...I too have a 21 oops 22 year old son he is in the Navy...Sorry to hear about your father ...I turn 51 at the end of the month .... looking forward to watching you succeed on your journey .... If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to either myself or our wonderful captain @lindamtuck2018 :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/1: 20,110
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 218.4
    CW: 218.0
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,523 Member
    Options
    calories- under
    fitness minutes 142
    steps 13,246
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, Downsizers! This is a late check-in for me. I was already on the road to DC at 6am and I arrived back home about an hour ago. Since I left so early, I wasn't able to do my workout in the morning. Normally, I would have just forgotten about it - but - today I hopped on the elliptical as soon as I got home. I'm so proud of myself - this group is really motivating me to stick to my exercise plan this month. I'm also really proud of the fact that I didn't get my lunch at a drive-thru - I stopped at Trader Joe's and got a yogurt and fresh fruit instead. I'm really determined to get my 10,000 steps done today as well - a lot more difficult since I spent 6 hours in the car today. Here are my details from yesterday:

Calories - 1,116
    Exercise - 45 mins on elliptical
    Steps - 14,856

I hope you are all having a great day!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Well hello there! I'm Donna from North Texas/USA. I'm told to give you guys a little intro - so brace yourself for the excitement! ;D I'm down from 277 in Jan. of 2020, currently at 264, 262 yday...up and down...I know how it goes... Anyway - I'm aiming to ultimately lose down to 140. For now - I'm aiming for 7 lbs this month. It's been a rough year...but I do have nothing but blessings to sing about overall. I'm a recent breast cancer SURVIVOR(thank you God!) who is now on Tamoxifen. Bracing myself for side effects and so forth...but focusing on the fact that I'm fighting for a future with my family. I'm a divorced Mom of 2 guys 15(homeschool this young man) and a 21 yr old currently at home going to college and working. I'm blessed that my Mom survived a widow maker heart attack in March and is doing well physically. However, we lost my Father in May so my Mom is so sad after 53 years of true soulmate living...and I hope that I can help her through this season of life as we mourn my Dad. Sadly...we also lost my cousin's husband and her Mom... very close part of our family. Why mention that "stuff"? Well - I think it impacts my mental attitude...and I choose how I respond. I choose to focus on living that healthy lifestyle that doesn't waiver despite circumstances. I work from home...and I turned 50 this year. Look forward to getting to know you guys.

@dsgoingtodoit Hi Donna! Welcome to the group! I'm new as well. It sounds like you have had so much adversity lately - and your attitude is amazing!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Welcome Donna! Sounds like a very rough year. I am sorry you lost you Dad.

Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 218.4
    CW: 218.0

Nice loss!

calories- under
    fitness minutes 142
    steps 13,246

Awesome steps!

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Thursday, Downsizers! This is a late check-in for me. I was already on the road to DC at 6am and I arrived back home about an hour ago. Since I left so early, I wasn't able to do my workout in the morning. Normally, I would have just forgotten about it - but - today I hopped on the elliptical as soon as I got home. I'm so proud of myself - this group is really motivating me to stick to my exercise plan this month. I'm also really proud of the fact that I didn't get my lunch at a drive-thru - I stopped at Trader Joe's and got a yogurt and fresh fruit instead. I'm really determined to get my 10,000 steps done today as well - a lot more difficult since I spent 6 hours in the car today. Here are my details from yesterday:

Calories - 1,116
    Exercise - 45 mins on elliptical
    Steps - 14,856

I hope you are all having a great day!

Super stepping! You should be proud making so many great choices today. I found this group almost 3 years ago and it has kept me on my journey even during times I have struggled.
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday. Tomorrow is my WI day, my first "weekly weigh-in in a long time. I did get my 6000 steps in yesterday, also a first in a VERY long time. 1000 more to go for this evening, but I am going to finish. I better get a move on if I want to have a decent bed time! Night!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everybody. only 5 more TGIF this year. Party hearty.

Check in for 12/2:
    Steps - 3487. I'm trying to get my back better quickly. We are trying to go to disneyland on tuesday.
    Calories - 1665 or so.
    Exercise - slow walk half way around the block and slow trip around the store tonight. Still painful.

It is great reading the stories of our new members. Thank you all.
    On a good note I lost 9 lb last month even though i have spent the last 10 days losing the same 1 lb.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »
    Happy Thursday. Tomorrow is my WI day, my first "weekly weigh-in in a long time. I did get my 6000 steps in yesterday, also a first in a VERY long time. 1000 more to go for this evening, but I am going to finish. I better get a move on if I want to have a decent bed time! Night!

Love seeing everyone push to get their steps. Keep up the great work!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everybody. only 5 more TGIF this year. Party hearty.

Check in for 12/2:
    Steps - 3487. I'm trying to get my back better quickly. We are trying to go to disneyland on tuesday.
    Calories - 1665 or so.
    Exercise - slow walk half way around the block and slow trip around the store tonight. Still painful.

It is great reading the stories of our new members. Thank you all.
    On a good note I lost 9 lb last month even though i have spent the last 10 days losing the same 1 lb.

Take it very slowly! One of the things I use for pain relief with my back is a tens machine. Doesn’t make it better but just gives relief. I hope it’s better by Tuesday.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Steps ❌
    Close Rings ✅

PW 201.6
    CW 199.6

I have basically been maintaining since September. Up and down the same 3 or 4 pounds. Don’t get me wrong, I am very happy with the loss. We have 8 days we will be celebrating different things this month. I have to be very mindful especially when we have a buffet twice. So easy to overeat at a buffet. So my weight goal this month is to maintain.

I ended up using the treadmill yesterday. I like walking and listening to music but I love the burn from swimming more. Walking is also very hard on my back so I can’t do it for long. I won’t be going to the pool again today as I have coffee at 10 with some friends. I am going to head to the exercise room at 8 and use the bike.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps 7,305
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

The weekend is here finally! Do you foresee any challenges this weekend? What can you do to minimize the challenge? Please share!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I will continue in the step challenge with a pledge of 9,000 steps.
This discussion has been closed.