Downsizers Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,029 Member
l6sk7iiulen3.png

Here is your Team chat room for December 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - open
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 and open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,029 Member
    Welcome to our amazing Downsizer's team ... My name is Megan I am the co-captain of this marvelous team with our wonderful captain @lindamtuck2018 ... I am also incharge of recruiting and I am one of the moderators ...I live in California ... I am a single mother of 2 ... Alyssa is 16 and I have homeschooled her since she started school ... She will be a senior in HS next year... I also have a 22 year old son named Austin who is in the Navy .... I have 2 grandma cats named Kylie and Mocha ...and 2 dogs Dakota the German Shepherd and Aspen the husky ....Dakota is already 4 as of 10/10 and Aspen will be 4 on 12/22
    I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my account ... I have been on this screen name since December 2018... Looking forward to seeing everyone succeed and reaching their goals ...If you want to know more about me ...just ask... I am an open book

I am incharge of our step challenge ... If anyone wants to be added, removed , excused please let me know .... if you want to be added please give me a number that you plan to reach daily ....Please post your steps daily or weekly in our chat ... I give out reminders on Sunday of people's steps I need ... Also I have a conversion chart that I can turn most exercise into steps .. All you do is tell me what you did , for how long and if it was leisurely, moderate or vigorous ...

If you have any questions/concerns ..please don't hesitate to ask @Megan_smartiepants1970 or @lindamtuck2018 ...we are here to help anyway we can

Let's have a great month :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers December team chat! My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Megan aka @Megan_smartiepants1970.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 57 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children. I also have 4 beautiful granddaughters. Two live here in Ontario and the other two in Scotland. I am planning a trip there in April. My granddaughters are one of my reasons for trying to get healthy. I have two very fat cats, Nick and Lady.

I started my weight loss journey in February 2019 and have been with F2F since the beginning. I have had a couple of ups and downs since starting but I have never given up. I have a bad back and neuropathy so my exercise is limited to mostly swimming and workouts in the pool.

I am not going to set a weight goal for December.

My goals for December
    1. Close the rings on my Apple Watch daily
    2. Meet step goal
    3. Stay within calorie goal
    4. Get the December challenge badge of 23 workouts for the month
  • lindamtuck2018
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier for us to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    You can do this is any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Other Resources
    On the main page of our group you will find many resources. This is where you will find the idea lounge, recipe sharing, weekly challenges and the habit tracker.

Team Motivator
    We are looking for two team motivators. If you think you maybe interested or want more information please let us know.

Here’s to a great December!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Introductions

Please take time to introduce yourself. Tell us a little about you and why you started this journey.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    The December - Week 1 - Scrabble Challenge is posted. Here's the link. Please take part and enjoy!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850345/december-week-1-challenge-scrabble#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Weigh in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 193.1
    SW/CW 191.8

I'll do my intro later but wanted to remember to do my weigh in today which will also be my start weight for this month.
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    At /Under Calorie goal ✅
    6000 steps ✅ Zumba at the Y!
    A fun Saturday, where I stayed on track. I want to break the hold that denial has had over me. I can change my habits bit by bit, for a better life. Let’s do this! Go December Downsizers!
  • Pippin20206
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1053
    Steps 7053
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    edited December 2021
    Weigh-in and check-in:

Peng123
    PW: 180
    CW: 180

12/4:
    Calories: 1,196
    Exercise: 62 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 11,453
  • lindamtuck2018
    Weigh in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 193.1
    SW/CW 191.8

I'll do my intro later but wanted to remember to do my weigh in today which will also be my start weight for this month.

Fantastic loss!

MeowScout wrote: »
    At /Under Calorie goal ✅
    A fun Saturday, where I stayed on track. I want to break the hold that denial has had over me. I can change my habits bit by bit, for a better life. Let’s do this! Go December Downsizers!

Awesome Saturday! Staying on track on a Saturday is the greatest feeling.

peng123 wrote: »
    Weigh-in and check-in:

Peng123

12/4:

Your converted steps are going to be crazy. Another stellar exercise day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    ✅ Steps
    ✅ Closed rings

Can someone please explain how I can only do weights for less than 10 minutes and be super sore? 🤷‍♀️ My shoulders and biceps are particularly sore. I still managed a decent swim yesterday. If my granddaughter doesn’t go home too late I will head to the pool for a quick swim. My son is coming today to cook supper for us tonight so I want to tidy up before they get here. I will not be accurate with my calories as I will be using a generic entry for the shepherds pie he is making.

Happy Sunday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 15,849 (I had over 10k steps before converting my swim)

• peng123
    Weigh in
    Username Pippin20206
    PW 193.1
    SW/CW 191.8

Fantastic loss!

MeowScout wrote: »
    At /Under Calorie goal ✅

Awesome Saturday! Staying on track on a Saturday is the greatest feeling.

peng123 wrote: »
    Weigh-in and check-in:

Peng123

12/4:

Your converted steps are going to be crazy. Another stellar exercise day!

@lindamtuck2018 My step count includes the elliptical - I wish there were more! LOL!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,029 Member
    mmx6y8n986ln.png

Here is my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need

@888Angie888 - 12/3 & 12/4
    @red1185 12/4
    @rwood566 12/4
    @tahm42 11/28- 12/4

Please have them in as soon as possible so I can do the results of November week 5 and the grand finale ...thanks for your cooperation :)
  • peng123
    Morning Everyone ... I hope everyone is having a good day ...as for me I am not feeling well ... my tummy hurts and my kidney's hurt ...didn't sleep well last night ..poor Aspen yelps when she goes potty ...I feel for her ...my poor baby

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well - and I'm also sorry that Aspen is feeling poorly - I'm sending thoughts your way for speedy recoveries for both of you!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    finale-red-rubber-stamp-over-white-background-86701547.jpg

November's challenge is now over! Click on the links below to see the results from the final week and the month overall!

Here's a sneak peak of how your team did...
    November Week Five
    bbrr849ivti7.png

November Grand Finale
    3ciqqkn5748m.png
  • peng123

November's challenge is now over! Click on the links below to see the results from the final week and the month overall!

November Week Five
    bbrr849ivti7.png

November Grand Finale
    3ciqqkn5748m.png

Congratulations everyone!!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,769 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    11/28- 9177
    11/29- 6181
    11/30- 11724
    12/1-6385
    12/2-9540
    12/3-8773
    12/4-12216
  • Pippin20206

November Week Five
    bbrr849ivti7.png

November Grand Finale
    3ciqqkn5748m.png

OMG does that really mean I lost almost 4% of my starting weigh in November? Woo! Thanks guys, I couldn't have done it without you!
This discussion has been closed.