Downsizers Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone!!! I'll do my intro post first and then do my weigh in :)

So hi! My name is Tanya, I'm an English chick living in Toronto, Canada! I have lived here for 6 1/2 years and apart from the weather I love it here! I live with my partner, Gael, and our 3 kitties.

I've struggled with my weight my whole life- I have either been too small or too big. I have had disordered eating since my teens (I'm 33 now) and currently in recovery for food addiction.

This past year or so, I have finally got myself a food plan and I have mostly followed it perfectly (mostly mostly lol)

My highest weight was 375lb. I restarted MFP in October 2020 and in the first few months I was losing steadily. Then I got sick. I had to have my gallbladder taken out in March, after waiting for 3 months for surgery due to covid causing delays. I was at home, not working for that time because of the pain, and I was barely moving. After the surgery, all was going well and I went back to work (Starbucks, so a very physically demanding job at times, especially for a person my size). 2 months after returning to work, I injured my knee and had to take another 2 months off.... I'm still not where I want to be with that but it's ok.

Needless to say, because of my lack of movement, my weight loss slowed down, and I struggled a lot. Paired with a 3 week vacation visiting my family in England and eating everything, and just being in holiday mode for maybe 2 months, some of the weight I lost creeped up again.

So for the month of December, I am happy to be back with my Downsizer family!!! I have received so much love and support over the last year and a bit, and I'm happy to be back on plan.

That's me! Next up is my weekly update and monthly plan xx
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,783 Member
    Options
    Tahm42
    Tuesday:
    PW:214
    CW:215

Yes the weightlifting is making me gain.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    Littleflutterby
    Tuesday weigh in

SW- 375lb
    PW- 321
    CW- 307.2

-13.8lb

This is expected lol. I always lose a lot after a gain. I actually was down to like 305 earlier this week but I ended up doing a 10 hour shift yesterday and eating later than normal....i am so swollen today and I can feel the water retention and swelling. Hopefully that'll come off.

So this weekend I'm actually going away again, lol. Just for the weekend though- a friend of mine is getting married (she lives in Texas) and I am going to surprise her with a visit! I am so excited to meet her and a couple of other friends who I've met on zoom AA meetings during the pandemic. I leave saturday and come back late monday. I'll still weigh in Tuesday, but there might be a little gain there because of festivities and travelling. But we shall see, that's out of today!

Goals for December

Hit at least 6,000 steps a day (yes please Megan :) )
    Get back into two-terville (I am not worried about this too much but it would be nice)
    study for at least 10 hours a week

I am also in the process of doing a huge spring clean of my apartment. I am doing it in piecemeal right now, because it's a big job- 2 depressed people in one apartment.... but I have been throwing out a lot of rubbish, and keeping on top of things as best I can. Today I'm going to focus on a couple of things in the living room that need a proper home somewhere.

Steps so far this week

Sunday- 13803
    Monday-11774

Glad to have you back on the step challenge :)
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,446 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a cool day here today, with a chance of snow this afternoon. i have been for a walk and i feel great. i was able to get a few more things for christmas today. i will be doing some dancing later on after supper today. my daughter says hello to everyone. take care and stay safe.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    SW: 223.4 lbs.(March 8, 2020)
    PW: 141.6
    CW: 138.8

I did get up to 145.6 this week. Grief eating a bag of m & ms didn’t help. Have been back to calorie counting for the last 4 days and walking 1.76 miles for the last 2 days and did an upper body push workout today. It is frustrating to be starting over so often but won’t see any improvement if don’t do it.
    I have been exercising in the afternoon because we have people over for an advent study in the morning. Will try to get back to late morning when I can. Did not have jury duty this week but who knows what next week will bring. Looking forward to improving fitness for getting outdoors next yesr. It was 3 degrees Fahrenheit here this morning so not outside much except for snow shovelling in the winter.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow reading everyone's stories, what an amazing, strong group of people who have had to face so many challenges in life. So much pain and loss but look at you all still here and fighting!

I forgot to log my steps last night so for 12/7 steps - 7532. (Note my American friends I put the month before the day even though it almost killed me :D )

Would love to hear more from those of you who have also been diagnosed with NAFLD or NASH. Having only just recently had my diagnosis its been a very scary wake up call. What are your go to foods and what foods do you avoid? Has anyone had follow up ultrasounds and seen any improvement? How long did it take to start improving? What's the best bit of advise you can give someone starting their recovery journey?

Thank you everyone for being so brave in sharing their stories.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    p93194s3hb3e.jpg

NOVEMBER WEEK 5 RESULTS
    Top 7 steppers are:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970- 125,467 steps
    2nd @888Angie888 -114,439 steps
    3rd @lindamtuck2018 - 75,413 steps
    4th @tahm42 - 51,780 steps
    5th @Pippin20206 - 40,515 steps
    6th @rwood566 - 39,492 steps
    7th @red1185 -39,225 steps
    CONGRATS EVERYONE :):):)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 498,547 STEPS
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindamtuck2018 6/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 7/7
    @Pippin20206 1/7
    @888Angie888 4/7
    @red1185 4/7
    @rwood566 4/7
    @tahm42 7/7

0drjxvmrqqvp.jpg

NOVEMBER GRAND FINALE

TOP 7 STEPPERS ARE
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 305,848 steps
    2nd @888Angie888 - 276,822 steps
    3rd @lindamtuck2018 - 191,185 steps
    4th @tahm42 - 178,341 steps
    5th @rwood566 - 153,584 steps
    6th @Pippin20206 - 113,172 steps
    7th @red1185 - 80,426 steps
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):):):):)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1,299,878 STEPS
    TERRIFIC JOB EVERYONE :):):):):):)
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    hey guys! wow December already and I'm getting so excited. I will do my introduction later!

username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 244
    CW 240.8
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in
    Calories 1089
    Steps 5383
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Littleflutterby
    Tuesday weigh in

SW- 375lb
    PW- 321
    CW- 307.2

-13.8lb

This is expected lol. I always lose a lot after a gain. I actually was down to like 305 earlier this week but I ended up doing a 10 hour shift yesterday and eating later than normal....i am so swollen today and I can feel the water retention and swelling. Hopefully that'll come off.

So this weekend I'm actually going away again, lol. Just for the weekend though- a friend of mine is getting married (she lives in Texas) and I am going to surprise her with a visit! I am so excited to meet her and a couple of other friends who I've met on zoom AA meetings during the pandemic. I leave saturday and come back late monday. I'll still weigh in Tuesday, but there might be a little gain there because of festivities and travelling. But we shall see, that's out of today!

Goals for December

Hit at least 6,000 steps a day (yes please Megan :) )
    Get back into two-terville (I am not worried about this too much but it would be nice)
    study for at least 10 hours a week

I am also in the process of doing a huge spring clean of my apartment. I am doing it in piecemeal right now, because it's a big job- 2 depressed people in one apartment.... but I have been throwing out a lot of rubbish, and keeping on top of things as best I can. Today I'm going to focus on a couple of things in the living room that need a proper home somewhere.

Steps so far this week

Sunday- 13803
    Monday-11774

What a fantastic loss! I like your goals. How are the studies going? Do you have much longer to your course?
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Wow reading everyone's stories, what an amazing, strong group of people who have had to face so many challenges in life. So much pain and loss but look at you all still here and fighting!

I forgot to log my steps last night so for 12/7 steps - 7532. (Note my American friends I put the month before the day even though it almost killed me :D )

Would love to hear more from those of you who have also been diagnosed with NAFLD or NASH. Having only just recently had my diagnosis its been a very scary wake up call. What are your go to foods and what foods do you avoid? Has anyone had follow up ultrasounds and seen any improvement? How long did it take to start improving? What's the best bit of advise you can give someone starting their recovery journey?

Thank you everyone for being so brave in sharing their stories.

I told you a little about my fatty liver disease. My problem is it hasn’t given we the wake call that you have. I was diagnosed with NASH by an internal medicine doctor. He referred me to a hepatologist. They can offer more advanced liver scanning. I believe the scan is called a fibroscan. They also did a liver biopsy to check the progression of the disease. I have to get liver function test every 3 months and there are many medications I can’t take as it makes my liver angry. In fact, I had to stop the main medication to manage my RA but we have found another that is working pretty good. I guess I have concentrated so long on management of my diabetes that it has been my main focus. That in turn helps with other illnesses. I haven’t had a grumpy liver in awhile. I think you are on the right path for dealing with yout fatty liver. Always follow your doctors recommendations. Also, a dietitian is a great resource.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Tahm42
    Tuesday:
    PW:214
    CW:215

Yes the weightlifting is making me gain.

Look at the bright side, you are getting stronger.

good afternoon everyone! it is a cool day here today, with a chance of snow this afternoon. i have been for a walk and i feel great. i was able to get a few more things for christmas today. i will be doing some dancing later on after supper today. my daughter says hello to everyone. take care and stay safe.

I love checking things off my Christmas list. Great job on the walking and the upcoming dance session.

Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    SW: 223.4 lbs.(March 8, 2020)
    PW: 141.6
    CW: 138.8

I did get up to 145.6 this week. Grief eating a bag of m & ms didn’t help. Have been back to calorie counting for the last 4 days and walking 1.76 miles for the last 2 days and did an upper body push workout today. It is frustrating to be starting over so often but won’t see any improvement if don’t do it.
    I have been exercising in the afternoon because we have people over for an advent study in the morning. Will try to get back to late morning when I can. Did not have jury duty this week but who knows what next week will bring. Looking forward to improving fitness for getting outdoors next yesr. It was 3 degrees Fahrenheit here this morning so not outside much except for snow shovelling in the winter.

Awesome loss! It’s hard not to look at where we could have been if we didn’t have to start over but each start is a new beginning. You had a lot go on and you are soldiering through it.

MeowScout wrote: »
    A great day today! Tracked, 7400 steps, 30-minute workout!
    Also, my scout pants fit with thermals underneath. Three weeks ago, they did not!

Fabulous NSV! Keep them coming!

jayenguk wrote: »
    hey guys! wow December already and I'm getting so excited. I will do my introduction later!

username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 244
    CW 240.8

Great loss!

Daily check-in
    Calories 1089
    Steps 5383

Great check in! I am jealous you guys are in summer right now.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ❌ Steps
    ✅ Closed rings
    ✅ Calories

I have decided not to exercise until I can get back in the pool on Sunday or Monday. My back has taken on a new level of pain and so has my neck pain. Yesterday was particularly bad. Today I am putting supper in the slow cooker, making my bed and doing absolutely nothing for the rest of the day. I do have an appointment at 2 pm but it is by phone so it will also be a pj day for me. Can you say lazy?

Happy Hump Day!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 7,450
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    qj1wosq6lt31.jpeg
    We are looking for a couple of team motivators. Please let me or Megan know if your interested!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Downsizers! I hope you are all having a great day! Here's my info for yesterday:

12/7:
    Calories: 1,152
    Exercise: 81 mins elliptical
    Steps: 13,143

I had a great day - looking forward to having another one today!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    MeowScout wrote: »
    A great day today! Tracked, 7400 steps, 30-minute workout!
    Also, my scout pants fit with thermals underneath. Three weeks ago, they did not!

Missing steps for 12/6
This discussion has been closed.