Replies

• dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks!
    Weekly Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 262
    Current weight: 261.2

I am inspired to read all of your posts and will try to contribute more as we go through this week.
    Today I'm focused on my pre-planned menu/diary, getting in 40 minutes of exercise, homeschooling, getting other to his dr. appt, yard work with the fellas, pet sitting is my current business...so have to stay on top of that (joyfully, but it is work), Advent Bible study...by golly - I will make that a priority, and housework.

Side note - but applicable... I too was diagnosed with NAFLD, without bloodwork markers. I do view food as fuel now...and try to remember that when I want to overindulge. Yesterday, I allowed (within calories) a candy...which lead to allowing another...(within calories)....and yet, another.... (checking that food diary every time). One part of the brain beats myself up for indulging...the other says "high five"...you did so...but you kept yourself accountable...AND TOOK CARE OF YOURSELF. I choose to focus on the "high five" voice in my head...but I have to KEEP choosing it. I must remember to value myself...long term...not just go for the "quick hit of joy" that can come from eating something delicious but truly deadly to me in the long run. Kind of like the "frog in the boiling water" parable. Have a good day!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options

I swear you are my twin ... Same birthday .... I have fatty liver... I am diabetic (type 2)....I suffer from migraines

Do we need to ask our parents some difficult questions? :p:D

Well that would be hard on my side since my adoptive parents are no longer with me
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Question

What time of day do you exercise and why?

Please don’t forget to do an introduction.

Early in the morning because my daughter starts her homeschool at 8 or so .... This week we are not able to walk with Aspen so I am taking the day off today since I am still not feeling well and I am hoping to do a Leslie Sansone DVD the rest of the week ...
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    12/3 12,871
    12/4 13,222

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Could you please take me off the step challenge for December?
    Thanks.
  • LazyKat_changingherworld
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970, Please remove me from the December challenge. Thank you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Steps:
    12/3 12,871
    12/4 13,222

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Could you please take me off the step challenge for December?
    Thanks.

Sure .... I am sorry to see you go ... I hope you will return soon ....hugs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970, Please remove me from the December challenge. Thank you!

I am sorry you are leaving our group ... I hope to see you back in the future... take care ....hugs
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

I swear you are my twin ... Same birthday .... I have fatty liver... I am diabetic (type 2)....I suffer from migraines

Well that would be hard on my side since my adoptive parents are no longer with me

So sorry :(
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

So sorry :(

Thank you ...
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My Introduction December 2021
    My name is Lisa, 47, 5'2", HW 257, CW 252.5
    GW 160, so that I can do "High Adventure" Scout Trips summer 2023
    UGW 130, within BMI healthy weight. Right now that is hard for me to imagine.
    December SW 252.5 (12/3/2021)
    December Goals: Track all food, 6000 steps, 30 min daily activity/exercise, -5lbs

I live in Springfield IL. I am married and have two boys, 11yo and 13 yo. I have homeschooled my boys from the beginning. In addition to that, I am a freelance copyeditor, academic researcher in history and theology, and instructor in Latin, French, and writing. I love to crochet and knit, we have three cats and a dog. I am also active in Scouting. I am currently the Cubmaster for the pack and assistant Scoutmaster for a Troop.

I have been heavy for most of my life, though I too was not actually overweight when younger. But I thought I was and had been told that I was. I gained, I lost. After I met my husband, I got slowly heavier, then was close to 200 when I got pregnant with my older son. I gained 25 which I never lost, then another 25 for the next son, and I have been bouncing between 235 and 255 since then. The creep to 257 was a wake-up call. I need to do this. Two and a half years ago I was in a car accident. For the six months before that, I had made great progress again, but physical recovery from the accident has limited what I can do. I am finally in the care of a good chiropractor and I am regaining strength and mobility and freedom from pain caused by a fractured rib/sternum. Y'all, I am happy to be alive, and I want to live the next half+ of my life not struggling with carrying around all this weight. I have some mindset issues to work through, I know, but this journey has to move forward one step and one day at a time.

I am so glad to be on this team, and I look forward to cheering everybody on. Let's do this together!!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    good evening everyone. hope you all had a decent monday.

check in for 12/6:
    steps - 4433
    calories - 1766
    exercise - none. still getting back back on line. it's getting there. rescheduled our trip to disneyland to january.

@lindamtuck2018 for disneyland, as of now we don't have to show proof, but we have to wear masks on the rides and indoors. with the new virus showing up that may change. your daughter will need to check the website before going. we are going to take our cards with us just in case.

When do i like to exercise? i like it first thing in the morning, since it is usually hot here around 11am. if i don't do it early, then after dinner. it doesn't matter if i am walking or hitting the gym.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! Here's my daily check-in:

12/6:
    Calories: 1,152
    Exercise: 86 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 16,787

I am slowly reading through everyone's posts - this is such an amazing group of very strong people - I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks!
    Weekly Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 262
    Current weight: 261.2

I am inspired to read all of your posts and will try to contribute more as we go through this week.
    Today I'm focused on my pre-planned menu/diary, getting in 40 minutes of exercise, homeschooling, getting other to his dr. appt, yard work with the fellas, pet sitting is my current business...so have to stay on top of that (joyfully, but it is work), Advent Bible study...by golly - I will make that a priority, and housework.

Side note - but applicable... I too was diagnosed with NAFLD, without bloodwork markers. I do view food as fuel now...and try to remember that when I want to overindulge. Yesterday, I allowed (within calories) a candy...which lead to allowing another...(within calories)....and yet, another.... (checking that food diary every time). One part of the brain beats myself up for indulging...the other says "high five"...you did so...but you kept yourself accountable...AND TOOK CARE OF YOURSELF. I choose to focus on the "high five" voice in my head...but I have to KEEP choosing it. I must remember to value myself...long term...not just go for the "quick hit of joy" that can come from eating something delicious but truly deadly to me in the long run. Kind of like the "frog in the boiling water" parable. Have a good day!

Nice loss! You sound like a very busy lady. I love your side note. I think I still haven’t wrapped my head around viewing food as fuel. I know I should but I got to give myself that little push to get over the hump. Thanks for the great post.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    good evening everyone. hope you all had a decent monday.

check in for 12/6:
    steps - 4433
    calories - 1766
    exercise - none. still getting back back on line. it's getting there. rescheduled our trip to disneyland to january.

@lindamtuck2018 for disneyland, as of now we don't have to show proof, but we have to wear masks on the rides and indoors. with the new virus showing up that may change. your daughter will need to check the website before going. we are going to take our cards with us just in case.

When do i like to exercise? i like it first thing in the morning, since it is usually hot here around 11am. if i don't do it early, then after dinner. it doesn't matter if i am walking or hitting the gym.

Look at the positive, you have a fun trip to look forward to in January. I find that month to be the longest of the year. I think for us in Canada it is starting to get expensive to travel with all the Covid test we have to do. Right now to get to Scotland I have to take 4 tests which cost money.

On another note, did you get your diamond painting framed? I did see some magnetic frames on Amazon. I think it was $34 for 2 frames. One of the reasons my night eating has slowed down is I do my picture instead. Thanks to you and my friend for reminding me about diamond art.

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! Here's my daily check-in:

12/6:
    Calories: 1,152
    Exercise: 86 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 16,787

I am slowly reading through everyone's posts - this is such an amazing group of very strong people - I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Another great day! You are right, we have a fantastic team!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thanks for all the introductions. I love reading everyone’s story and maybe I am a bit nosy. 🧐

The general consensus seems to be morning exercise. I am the same as I find it harder to make myself go if I leave it too late. As it is, I already have to give myself a pep talk to go out in the cold and walk to the pool house.
This discussion has been closed.