Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I am worried about Aspen ...She is not eating the dry food that the vet gave us ... She knows the horse pills are in her wet can food that the vet gave us so she won't eat that anymore ... I am running out of creative ways to get her to take her horse pills .... I made a pumpkin cream cheese concoction and opened up her pills and sprinkled the powder into it ... she use to eat it with a spoon ... now she will only eat it off my finger ... Will be calling the vet later ...my Dr's appt is today but I am terrified of driving since it is dense fog until noon ... think I will be calling them at 7am to see if we can do a virtual call

Bummer on the pupper. Hugs to you and Aspen.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/22: 11,467
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,446 Member
    Options
    my calories-under
    my fitness minutes-140
    my steps 10,252
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    I am worried about Aspen ...She is not eating the dry food that the vet gave us ... She knows the horse pills are in her wet can food that the vet gave us so she won't eat that anymore ... I am running out of creative ways to get her to take her horse pills .... I made a pumpkin cream cheese concoction and opened up her pills and sprinkled the powder into it ... she use to eat it with a spoon ... now she will only eat it off my finger ... Will be calling the vet later ...my Dr's appt is today but I am terrified of driving since it is dense fog until noon ... think I will be calling them at 7am to see if we can do a virtual call

Bummer on the pupper. Hugs to you and Aspen.

Thanks ....the vet said for me to open up her mouth and shove it down her throat and then close her mouth ... I refuse to do that since I am her favorite ...besides it says take with food
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Went to my Dr appointment this morning ...my cholesterol was high ... my a1c has jumped back up to 7.1 it was at 6.1 ....Alyssa and I are getting covid vaccine tomorrow ... He wants to check my thyroid so I have labs again next month and I see him again next month ... he wants me back on metformin ughhhhhh...we just go back from a 6.25 mile walk and now we are off to the grocery store
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,784 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 and @888Angie888 thanks and yes if you happen to be in the Charleston area I would be glad to share.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I am sorry you are having trouble with your pup. I also understand getting bloodwork back and it throws you for a loop. I hope things get better for you soon.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

@Pippin20206 the field archery sounds amazing! What are your normal targets like? I know someone who is apprenticing as a target sculptor. Most targets here are shaped like deer or other wild life.

The club has two different types of targets, one are the hessian ones that I showed a pic of that just has and animal shape painted on it. The others are called 3D targets and are models of the animals. It's pretty cool though I really enjoy it when I get off my butt and actually go.
  • Pippin20206
    Options
    Question

We are getting very close to the holidays. Our American teammates have Thanksgiving this Thursday. Christmas is a month after that. What do you see as your biggest struggle this holiday season? In a few days, we will look at ways to help with the obstacles of the holiday season.

Well I'm Thankful for the fact that we don't have Thanksgiving in Australia LOL. Hoping Christmas won't be too bad either, we don't do the family lunch thing. It's just me and my partner and we normally eat and drink all day but we will just have to be a bit more mindful of what we do this year. I'm basically going to stick to raw seafood because I love sashimi and oysters. The big thing will be trying not to drink too much but my partner found me a nice non alcoholic sparking wine so I can pretend to drink.

Feeling a bit bummed at the moment, I'm being so good with my calories but my weight has gone up! Can't understand it, feeling very frustrated. I know that weigh fluctuates yadda yadda, but when you feel like you've basically been starving yourself for a week and nothing happens it very disheartening.

Mindfulness on the holidays can make a big difference. Do you weigh and measure your food? If not you can be adding extra calories. Also, you should never feel like your starving yourself. Remember always eat at least 1200 calories. I understand you are frustrated but have faith in the science. As long as you are creating a deficit the weight will come off. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to be patient and accept that there will be unexplained weight gains.

I'm eating between 1000-1200 calories every day, a lot of the time its stuff that I can easily portion out like a piece of fruit, or 1 x sweet potato wrap, or a premade packet of tuna and quinoa so I can just scan the barcode and be sure of getting an accurate count. I have asked my partner for some sexy kitchen scales for xmas though so I can accurately weigh out my non packaged food. I'm just struggling to find things I can eat in bulk to feel full without blowing my calories out of the water and I can't only eat salad all day :(

I decided to make my own tuna mixes for lunch the other day with buck wheat, a single serve tin of tuna and some kidney beans. I spent ages in the shop comparing the fat content between quinoa and buck wheat because I have to be so careful with fat because of my liver. I got home mixed it all up, put the individual ingredients into MFP and calculated how many serves it had and it ended up being about 80 calories per serve more than the pre-mix tuna and quinoa packs I've previously been buying *sob* I mean buck wheat for crying out loud, how can there be calories in buck wheat??

Anyhoo my book about fatty liver disease arrived today so I'm hoping my partner will pick that up from the post office for me because that will have recipe ideas in there.
  • Pippin20206
    edited November 2021
    Options
    cnxm9gy36ypv.png

So this is a typical day at the moment. I did have my calorie count set to 1400 back then but was still trying to keep under it. Currently I have it set to 1200 and try to stay between 1000-1200
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 11/23:
    Steps - 11860
    Calories - 1708 or close. Had a bowl of real ramen for lunch. Soooooo good. Couldn't finish it.
    Exercise - 3 mile walk with daughter. Had to bribe her with starbucks to get her to go.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 247.2
    CW 244.2

hey guys been mega busy wall stairs painting almost done ...haven't even gone the gym this week but boy do I ache lol hope your all having good days ...hugss x
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Question
    What is one thing you can change so you are mindful when eating?

Stop tasting or snacking while cooking

Those blt’s (bites, licks and taste) can get you every time.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Try pill pockets. You can get them at the vet. Hope she feels better. How were your lab results?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    my calories-under
    my fitness minutes-140
    my steps 10,252

You are killing it on your steps!

Went to my Dr appointment this morning ...my cholesterol was high ... my a1c has jumped back up to 7.1 it was at 6.1 ....Alyssa and I are getting covid vaccine tomorrow ... He wants to check my thyroid so I have labs again next month and I see him again next month ... he wants me back on metformin ughhhhhh...we just go back from a 6.25 mile walk and now we are off to the grocery store

I read this after my response to a previous message. That sucks that your A1C is up. If mine goes up in the future I will refuse to go on anything but ozempic. Metformin causes me stomach issues. Is he going to give you sometime to get it down with diet before starting the metformin?

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 11/23:
    Steps - 11860
    Calories - 1708 or close. Had a bowl of real ramen for lunch. Soooooo good. Couldn't finish it.
    Exercise - 3 mile walk with daughter. Had to bribe her with starbucks to get her to go.

Fantastic steps!

jayenguk wrote: »
    username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 247.2
    CW 244.2

hey guys been mega busy wall stairs painting almost done ...haven't even gone the gym this week but boy do I ache lol hope your all having good days ...hugss x

Awesome loss! I am sure you are working muscles that you don’t normally with the gym.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

We are getting very close to the holidays. Our American teammates have Thanksgiving this Thursday. Christmas is a month after that. What do you see as your biggest struggle this holiday season? In a few days, we will look at ways to help with the obstacles of the holiday season.

Well I'm Thankful for the fact that we don't have Thanksgiving in Australia LOL. Hoping Christmas won't be too bad either, we don't do the family lunch thing. It's just me and my partner and we normally eat and drink all day but we will just have to be a bit more mindful of what we do this year. I'm basically going to stick to raw seafood because I love sashimi and oysters. The big thing will be trying not to drink too much but my partner found me a nice non alcoholic sparking wine so I can pretend to drink.

Feeling a bit bummed at the moment, I'm being so good with my calories but my weight has gone up! Can't understand it, feeling very frustrated. I know that weigh fluctuates yadda yadda, but when you feel like you've basically been starving yourself for a week and nothing happens it very disheartening.

Mindfulness on the holidays can make a big difference. Do you weigh and measure your food? If not you can be adding extra calories. Also, you should never feel like your starving yourself. Remember always eat at least 1200 calories. I understand you are frustrated but have faith in the science. As long as you are creating a deficit the weight will come off. Unfortunately, sometimes we have to be patient and accept that there will be unexplained weight gains.

I'm eating between 1000-1200 calories every day, a lot of the time its stuff that I can easily portion out like a piece of fruit, or 1 x sweet potato wrap, or a premade packet of tuna and quinoa so I can just scan the barcode and be sure of getting an accurate count. I have asked my partner for some sexy kitchen scales for xmas though so I can accurately weigh out my non packaged food. I'm just struggling to find things I can eat in bulk to feel full without blowing my calories out of the water and I can't only eat salad all day :(

I decided to make my own tuna mixes for lunch the other day with buck wheat, a single serve tin of tuna and some kidney beans. I spent ages in the shop comparing the fat content between quinoa and buck wheat because I have to be so careful with fat because of my liver. I got home mixed it all up, put the individual ingredients into MFP and calculated how many serves it had and it ended up being about 80 calories per serve more than the pre-mix tuna and quinoa packs I've previously been buying *sob* I mean buck wheat for crying out loud, how can there be calories in buck wheat??

Anyhoo my book about fatty liver disease arrived today so I'm hoping my partner will pick that up from the post office for me because that will have recipe ideas in there.

You can get some decent food scales on Amazon. Mine are renpho scales. Remember when you scan the barcode to compare the entry to that on the packaging. It can be way off sometimes. Very nice diary. I hope your book can give you some answers on fatty liver disease.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 138.4
    CW: 138.1

For mindfulness, I keep a running calorie count in my head. Before each meal, check my remaining calories. Then ask if what I’m eating will further my goals or what compromises will I make to eat that particular food. Don’t criticize if go over but try again the next meal and look for eating patterns that can change. For example have been over calories due to 2 reasons. 1) eating breakfast at McDonald’s to be social and 2) a 3:00pm snack. Will eat breakfast at home but go out for a diet pop or ice tea to be social and substitute fruit or carrot sticks for snacks.

@jayenguk painting your house sounds like a huge undertaking but the satisfaction of fresh walls sure makes up for it.
    @Pippin20206 the field archery sounds amazing! What are your normal targets like? I know someone who is apprenticing as a target sculptor. Most targets here are shaped like deer or other wild life.
    @tahm42 I second Linda, would love to eat at your Thanksgiving. We usually have black eyed peas for New Year’s celebrations.

The cousin that I took out to lunch last Wednesday went into the hospital on Saturday. She had a blood sugar of 600. Her daughter thought that she might be released today. That blood sugar is getting in coma territory. I spent 3 days in a coma when EMS boosted my blood sugar so high that labs couldn’t read it to save my life after it had dropped to 23 in 2004.

Can people who send you friend requests also send you messages before you accept? How do you know if they are real or bots?

Nice loss! Hope your cousin feels better. I stopped accepting friend requests because of the bots and the creeps who think mfp is a dating site. I do however when sending a friend request to new teammates always include my name and the team name.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps ✅
    Close Rings ✅

Great pool session yesterday. I have a telephone doctors appointment at 9 and I am heading over to the pool right after.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps 11,868
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Try pill pockets. You can get them at the vet. Hope she feels better. How were your lab results?

I bought some at Target ... she caught on to those too and won't eat them ....Everything was high ... I have to go back to labs next month he wants them to check my thyroid and I see him again next month ... I also see my urologist next month ...Alyssa and I are both getting our 1st round of covid vaccines today ... no walk today my feet are swollen and sore ... we walked over 6 miles yesterday with Aspen ...then we went grocery shopping ...we ended up going to 3 stores ughhh
This discussion has been closed.