Daily Chatter

Options
sandra2bfit1
sandra2bfit1 Posts: 747 Member
edited November 2021 in Social Groups
Sharing is Caring! Please be polite to each other!

I started this new group because I lost ownership in the old group and I have added Type 1 also.

Replies

• fancyqtr
    fancyqtr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sandra, just found this new one. Looks like Barb lost her 2nd account, too. Someone said tech support isn't very good.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    I wonder if barb will try a 3rd account thanks for letting me know
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    I left the old team so if Barb comes back please let me know Darlene so I can invite her to the team.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    Okay, will do.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Good morning will be a busy today need to get to the store.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    DH is going to Reno today for 3 days I am not going I need some quiet time.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    I am cooking and 10 people will be at my house.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Have to finish cleaning house today and start my prep tomorrow.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Starting my TG prep today want to get a lot done before DH gets home tomorrow.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    TG ( Thanksgiving ) DH ( Dear Hubby )
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.
    Today is my brother's 4th birthday in heaven Happy Birthday Rick love and miss you.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving today. I was just here at home and had planned to make my turkey, but it didn't all thaw yet. So I will try to get it done tomorrow.

Early last week I had the 2nd plumber come to clear my sewer system. I had too much feeling that the first one was scamming me. Well, Joe found black mold in the basement, so have to have walls taken out and shower and toilet taken out and then redone. Insurance will pay most, but I think it will end up more than they cover. I may have to put in some new walls myself, but will have the drywall fixed by them. I hate to see what the utility bill will be next month because the fans and dehumidifiers have been running for a week and a half. Plus Xcel put in a smart meter and people who have gotten those say their bills are anywhere from $80 to 3 times higher than before. Also looks like maybe LEAP will not be helping me this year.

Oh, well, I am thankful for what I do have.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Darlene you do have a lot of work to do.
    I am afraid we will have to do the same thing in the master bathroom my house is 38 years old needs a lot of work.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    My house is 65 years old and the basement was finished in the 60s, I think.

I finally got my Thanksgiving turkey done today. Thursday it still had some thawing to do and yesterday I was trying to get some things done before the restoration guy got here. I barely beat him home. As I was waiting in the turn lane a truck pulled in behind me and when turning I noticed it was him. Still had more drying to do downstairs, so the bottom of the shower hasn't been taken out yet. And they have stuff in the utility sink so I can't do my laundry still. I dragged everything down there and had to drag it back upstairs. Guess I will see if the laundromat is open tomorrow.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Darlene I hope your turkey was good I still have a lot left getting tired of it already going to freeze it.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I froze part of my turkey. Need to get soup made with part of it but have been running around and also stuck on the phone so haven't started it. It will be the legs, thighs and wings.

Had my food stamps taken away since they said I never returned my reconsideration papers, even though I had and had that verified. So I am having to start over completely. One of my friends here had hers taken away and they told her i she appealed they would take her medical assistance away, too. She can't have that since she has a really bad back, worse than mine. Then on mine, medical determination wants my bank statement showing every cent I have spent any money on. And I can't get it to upload to them. They will knock me off if they see I have spent on craft supplies so I can give some Christmas Presents. Too bad the washer and the insurance deductible aren't on the check card. Didn't have the money in there, so it had to start on the credit card. I can imagine what they will do if they see the insurance check go in and payment go out. Oh, a gift that gives me a lot more money for the year. It's going to get cashed and a cashier's check get sent out so they will never see it.

I started my laundry the other night and went down to put it in the dryer, only to find that the washer quit right in the middle. So today I had to go get a new washer. That on top of having thousands of work done in the basement (it's sanitized but not rebuilt). Was going to go to the Habitat for Humanity Restore, but found they were closed for the holidays. Best Buy Outlet was next door so I went over there. Found one that has some bad scratches on top, but that the only problem and he lowered the price even more since I was taking it, plus I avoided the delivery charge. It ends up being over $400 off of retail I think. Just need to find help enough to get it downstairs and the old one up and out.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Darlene sorry to hear about your food stamps isn't it a shame that no one can work on the same page.
    I remember about 4 years ago I sent my IRS payment and they had to sign for it I had the receipt with their signature on it anyway I fought with them had to pay again with a penalty.
    Glad you got a new washer I need a new dryer.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I had talked to my doctor the other day about something not diabetes, but my numbers have been high when I took them and I've eaten too many sweets, so I am now back on Metformin. I hope it doesn't cause problems like it is known for. I haven't been on it for several years because it causes diarrhea and I was having enough problems with that. Maybe the "not ER" will be okay. I get such bad cravings for sweets so she suggested I have nuts (have to grind them up) and Craisins or some raisins. She told me I can't have the Salad Pizazz I was getting because it has too many other ingredients in it that aren't natural.

I haven't got enough people to help get the washer downstairs until Sunday afternoon sometime, so still needed something to wear and went to the thrift store today. I found a pair of Calvin Klein pants that I really didn't think would be quite big enough, but couldn't pass them up since I could eventually get into them. Turned out they are actually slightly large, so when I lose the weight again I will need to alter them. I also found a nice sweater. So I think I did pretty well today.

Hope you are doing well.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Darlene I have been on Metformin for 8 years no bathroom issues. Keep in mind take it the same time every day and take with your meal. If you take it on an empty stomach it may cause stomach issues.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I took the 1st dose of Metformin last night with supper. That hit pretty fast and I had problems last night. I won't take any more until after church tomorrow and after we get the washer downstairs and hooked up. I hope the one guy who offered to help can do it. Pete will be back tomorrow afternoon, so I'm waiting for then to tell the one guy when. Maybe I should go back and warn him that it will be then sometime. Had only one other response and that one said he and his crew could do it, so I know it would be a large charge. For that I could have paid the delivery from Best Buy and the washer would have cost me $145 more. Can't afford that.
    Well, didn't have much sleep last night and I am definitely ready to fall asleep for tonight.
    Have a great Sunday.