Daily Chatter

Options

Replies

• fancyqtr
    fancyqtr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oh, Sandra, I hope you will get over that soon.
  • sandra2bfit1
    sandra2bfit1 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thank you I do feel better be back soon.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    I am well now thank goodness don't wish the Covid on anyone.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    Sandra, I'm glad you are better now.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Sun is out suppose to be 67 today. I ran out of syringes so have to order them today. Been using the same one for 3 days and the needle is getting dull.

Darlene are you still on Metformin?
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Was so nice out today I stayed out back all day and soaked up the sun.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I am still on the Metformin. I messaged my doctor and she said to cut it in half for a while to get my body used to it. You know, it crumbles when I cut it in half. :D
    Trying to keep the carbs low today, though I did have a half salami sandwich for lunch and a jelly bread. I had 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast (Annie had half) and pork chop for supper w/apple sauce. So I did really have more carbs than I should have, but not more than ADA says to have.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Do you have a pill cutter? If not Wal*Mart has them.
    Stayed out on the deck all day was so warm.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I had to get a new pill cutter because I couldn't find the others I had. I still crushed the pills a couple times. If I set it down and put my hand on top of it, then cut it works most of the time. I can manage the half pill a day, but if I end up taking the whole one it sometimes doesn't work well for me. But on today's I might have just eaten the wrong thing.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    My hubby hates to take medicine I have to crush them and give to with PB.

Happy to hear that a half a pill is working for
    how are your numbers doing?

I had to much salt yesterday I have been going to the bathroom all day today flusing out the salt at least my feet aren't swollen anymore.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I don't know what my numbers are. I know I should be checking all the time, but I will forget all the time. I am trying to eat better, but I haven't had any decent meat and my salad fixings spoiled, so haven't eaten too well. Today I finally got some meat. I pulled some from the freezer but it wasn't good. Seems like everything I put in there gets freezer burn right away. I still thawed and cooked the ground beef, but it was terrible.

I am hoping I got the right turkey to make the Skinny Taste chili. It is Turkey and sweet potatoes and I got ground turkey. Also got some stew meat. I just hope that I can fix those okay. I also got some of the new Chobani 0 sugar yogurt to try. Well, I got the right one for one of them. I thought they had the same right next to it and it wasn't so I can't really eat it. Don't know who else can eat it, though. Maybe the store will take it back.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    I will have to try the Chobani 0 sugar yogurt I have seen the commercial on TV,
    I went to Sacramento for a few days and I forgot my insulin so had to cut the trip short. My blood sugar was in the 300's so scary now it is back to normal.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I hope you had a good time in Sacramento other than the need to cut the trip short.
    I haven't been doing anything since it has been really cold here this week. My chili and stew both turned out pretty good (I really liked the chili) and have lasted for several meals. I have one meal left so will have to find something tomorrow or Sunday. I have some canned tuna that I can make into something. I'm not sure exactly, but might be able to do the tuna melt in a tomato using the Jahrlsburg cheese (a little, since that kind is really expensive at $6 for 4 oz).
    Still having problems with my IBS. I was doing okay with the half dose of Metformin and decided I could try the full dose again, but it didn't work. So going to have to start again when my gut calms down.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    I am having trouble with Medicare they won't send me enough insulin or syringes now I have to call my doctor tomorrow and have her fight with them.
    Chili sounds good going to make some tomorrow.
    Sorry you are having trouble with IBS.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    That is terrible that Medicare is determining whether you need the insulin or not. It's not their life. Seems that insurance companies are always deciding what should be between a doctor and patient. A friend here needed to go to a rehab facility and her insurance wouldn't pay. They finally got them to pay and the rehab facility said she couldn't go there. She is all the way across town now.

Trying the Metformin again. Plus the fiber tablets because I have been getting gas really bad every afternoon. Last night really bad so I got no sleep until about 4:30 this morning. Eating anti-gas like crazy, but it doesn't help. I am wondering if the hernia causes it. But everything else seems to get past it. I don't know what I can manage to have and not get the gas.

Got my wipers changed yesterday so I can see out the passenger side of the windshield. It was smearing all over. Driver's side was okay, but I decided to change them both so everything is clear now.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Fiber will cause gas at least for me.
    I have been coughing bad at night caused from blood pressure medication. I tried other blood pressure medication and still cough.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    Oh, I don't need for the fiber to cause more gas. It did seem to help some. Usually it gives the runs, just like the Metformin does. Right now I am on day 3 of them.
    Sorry your BP med is causing coughing. I have read that is a side effect of Lisinopril, but I haven't had that much problem with it. Just get one or two coughs a day unless I have the morning problem like my Dad had. He always had a lot of sinus drainage in the mornings. I hope that you cough clears up.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    4 nights no cough hopefully I am over it.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    Glad you cough has gone away. I hope it stays away for you.

We had a heavy snow yesterday and news said 6 inches in Cherry Hills, which is right next to our neighborhood. Other than that they said 5 or 5 1/2 in SE Denver, so either one of those. Today I cleaned off the truck and finished shoveling outside (a lot had melted), then took Annie to get a couple balls. Was supposed to be one. We can't find any of the ones she has around here. I am so sleepy now, but watching the ice dancing. Will head for bed after it's over.
    Have a good Sunday.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    It has been 80 in California for several days very unusual this time of year. Suppose to turn cold again Tuesday and maybe rain by the 21st. I sure can get use to the warm weather very fast.