• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,509 Member
    Options
    h8fvd0eebjos.jpg
  • sandra2bfit1
    sandra2bfit1 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Love the quote.
    Been down in the dumps always am this time of year. I miss my Dad, Mom and Brother so much got their wreaths going to put them on their graves tomorrow. My sister and I will spend Christmas together.
  • fancyqtr
    fancyqtr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've been trying a couple different gluten free breads, but they are so dry. Onetastes okay, but the other is terribly sour.
    I was invited to friends' for Christmas Eve, but I am not sure about going. What she is having for dinner I cannot eat. I stopped and got some things for appetizers that are lactose free and gluten free (only crackers and they are gluten free ones). I don't know about the cheese, but it is supposed to be lactose free so I am trying some tonight to see what it will do to me. They say that cheddar is okay, but I don't really like that. This one is very mild in flavor. Got a few sausages I can cut up, too. I figured I can take some lactose free ice cream with. I have been avoiding anything with lactose for several months now and that has helped with the IBS a lot. Just wish othere things wouldn't set it off. Today it was a ripe banana. I don'thave a problem with the green ones, it seems.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Darlene you will figure it all out.
    January 1 I am going to get really serious with my weight I am going to get my health back.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Low blood sugar woke me up this morning I slept most of today.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    It is so cold I can't keep warm.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    Sandra, I hope you are feeling better. I cannot get warm here, either. Changed to a heavy sweatshirt today and have on a sweater and under an electric blanket and 2 others. I'm going to heat some soup for supper. Maybe that will help. Have to do some laundry tonight, but will have to start it after I let Annie out.

Took Annie and Orzo to get their nails trimmed the other day. Annie's wasn't too bad and they did a nice job, but they put a plastic ball over Orzo's head and totally terrified him. They are afraid of cats so put those balls on all of them so they don't bite. I am hoping the trauma doesn't stay with him. I won't be taking him back there, that's for sure. Would take him to the vet, but they want him to have a full check-up before he gets them done next time which would put the cost close to $100. He has always been so sweet with groomers and the vets and techs. Not with me trimming nails, though.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    What an ordeal for Orzo to go through don't blame you for not taking him back and I am sure he doesn't want to go back either.

Have you heard anything from Barb?

Still very cold in California snow on top of the mountains. Going to be cold for the next 10 days.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    Happy New Year. Hope everyone has a blessed one.

We finally got snow yesterday and today the high will be only 12. Too cold for me. I let Annie out expecting she would run out and do her business and come right back in, but she went wondering around the yard. She did come running when I called her and fell turning the corner into the kitchen. Doesn't look like she got hurt at all. I'm glad she was turning because straight ahead and she would have fallen down the basement stairs. It's supposed to warm up some this week then snow again later in the week. I am trying to figure out how to insulate the house better. I have to turn the thermostat down since I was delayed LEAP because the worker wouldn't do her job. It is already cold in here. Yesterday it felt as cold in here as it was outside.

I have not heard from Barb. I hope she is okay, but since she kept getting knocked off here she probably won't be back. I really don't finnd this as good as Spark was (I found lots of recipes on Spark to try), but can keep up with people.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    I am guessing Barb won't be back either.
    I miss Spark so much too but MFP was the closest I could find as Spark.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I saw something on a Facebook group where they were talking about where to save recipes. One of them said to MFP. I don't know how to do that and can't find any recipes on here. I just save them to bookmarks.

I cannot believe the fire that went on up in Boulder County. Not a forest fire or wild fire. It went through two towns and wiped out 991 buildings and damaged something over 400 more. They still don't know what caused it. Speculation of downed power line (Xcel denies), a light left on in a shed or arson in the shed.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Darlene I heard on the news that the fire was arson. the down powerline was ruled out.

l figure out the recipes and let you know when I do.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I didn't know if they figured out if it was arson or an accident yet. I know they decided it started in a shed where there have been fires before.

The Metformin isn't working for me. I am so sick tonight I can't stand it. No warning of a problem coming up. Also my legs are swollen so I can barely get my shoes on. I have to figure something else out. I have read of something they sell at the stores that is all natural and is supposed to help. I will also start taking the Milk Thistle again. I cannot handle this anymore.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Darlene so sorry the Metformin isn't working for you.
    I have been on Metformin for 9 years sometimes I still have stomach issues but the doctor won't take me off of it so I have to deal with it.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    California is coming out of the drought we have had a lot rain.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    My leg swelling has gone down most of the way since I started taking the Milk Thistle. I tried the Metformin again this morning and was sick all afternoon, sitting in the little room for a couple hours each time. Testing after taking the Metformin the glucose was higher than the day I didn't take it. That doesn't make any sense at all, especially when I ate fewer carbs those days. I am trying to do a diet that is similar to keto, but is higher protein with moderate fat and moderate carbs (or in my case, low fat and lower carbs). Didn't work today. I had the protein and veggies for breakfast, but was afraid to eat anything but some potatoes for supper so I wouldn't get sick again.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    Sorry you still aren't feeling good with Metformin have you asked your doctor if you can cut your pill in half? I had to do that in the beginning now I take just 1 pill a day.

Last night I had some sweet pepper for dinner it gave me bad heart burn bad finally went away. Won't do that again.
  • fancyqtr
    Options
    I don't know if these plls can be cut in half. I am taking half as much as she prescribed, though. I'll try waiting for a bit and try again.

Your sweet pepper sounds like what brocolli did to me. I could eat one teaspoon full and have gas enough to feel like a heart attack. Told the doc and she told me to "stop eating it then." Of course, it was one veggie I liked. Apples do it, too. I think I can eat them cooked, but not raw.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    I have covid feel like a mac truck hit me I will be back when I feel better.