Replies

• AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Wednesday 12/08
    Tracked: No
    Under Calories: No
    Exercise: Sorta, went shopping. 45 moves minutes. Sorta did fit as challenges, jumping jacks yes, side rotating planks no. My upper arm strength has a lot of room for improvement. I can barely get into a regular plank position, and can not hold it more than a second or so but did attempt to do them instead. This challenge has motivate me to want to use my weights again and try and do some strength training.
    Got dinner after shopping, hamburger, tots and a milk shake. It hit the spot but was almost uncomfortably full afterwards

@KakoHikes I used to be able to do side planks and side plank rotations much better than I can right now, that was a wake up call for sure! It is motivating though, because it's reminding me why I'm doing this, to get back to where I was at the beginning of last year so I can feel better and move better!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday

Tracked: Yes
    Exercise: No
    Calories: Yes

Urgh im sick today so didn’t eat much other than coffee, water, oatmeal and soup and of course Tylenol. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Thursday Dec. 9
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: 30 minutes indoor walking
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    December Week 2 - Thurs, 12/9

Calories: Just over
    Exercise: None
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday

Exercise: Yoga
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 519 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday 12-08

Exercise: Yes - *You've earned 253 extra calories from exercise today!

Daily Post Thursday 12-09

Exercise: Yes - *You've earned 174 extra calories from exercise today!

Goals/Day/Comments: Saw my Sleep doctor this morning, it was a good visit and I don't have to go back for another year. But I forgot to put the SD card back in my CPAP Machine from the last visit and I had to order a new one today. Brain Fog is a major issue, and one I struggle to overcome daily.

@gjaholy33 This is my opinion only, each person has to do what works for them. My goal is to never get fat again, and if I don't put in the work learning what healthy portions are and what foods are healthy to eat then why bother with MFP in the first place. It's about eating right 99% of the time, with conscience planned breaks and then back at it again right away (but only after I reach maintenance but I will get to eat more calories then, I hope). But some of us, like me cannot over indulge, not even in the slightest right now because I don't trust myself to stop. I'm learning a lot every day. My diet does not vary a lot and I'm ok with that, but it does have flavor. If I'm really hungry I eat more squash noodles with shrimp. It's hard to get in enough calories on those days. I've learned to just drink more iced tea / water when I've reached my calorie goal but I'm still hungry. Before I would have just eaten however many cookies I wanted. Cookies, Butter and Cheese are not healthy for me and they never will be. I don't want this to be "just another diet". But only time will tell, I'd like to see myself 3-5 years from now. Will I always have to weigh and measure? I know how I failed with WW, and I know how I failed at Low Carb. I don't want to fail at Counting Calories too.
  • AB0215
    Options
    1s32kjm64b2u.png
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise yes treadmill
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, weightlifting 45 minutes, Fitmas - 25 minutes (sigh), walking 1 mile

Daily Post Thursday

Calories: Yes, Idk how to be honest, I thought I overate but did make better choices, so I guess it worked out, I was like 8 calories over what I'd wanted to be but far under where I had to be, so we're going to take the win
    Exercise: Yes, 2 miles walking, fitmas 25 minutes

Comments: Welp, these fitmas challenges are kicking my butt. I'm recording them, they're going to wind up as a youtube video for my channel when they're all finished. I'm getting back into sharing my journey on youtube again, hoping that it helps me stay motivated and focused but someday, more importantly, I hope it helps someone else. If anyone is interested I'll share that here but I don't want to "advertise" per se, but it's my idea that someday it could help others.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Missing weighins this week:

@Robandy12345
    @WMJA
    @DebJB30
  • AB0215
    Options
    Missing weighins from last week, facing elimination this week if weights aren't posted:

@elelja945
    @Seralyon
    @Culmo1180
  • Chalmation
    Options
    Chalmation
    Week 2
    Friday
    PW 146.6
    CW 145.2
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thursday 12/09
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: No (had slice of cake)
    Exercise: Yes, 40 minute ring fit and fitmas challenge

I’m also trying to focus on making sustainable lifestyle changes vs just dieting on a short team to lose weight. Right now my MFP goal is set for losing just a half lb a week, was having a harder time meeting my calorie goals a few weeks ago and that extra wiggle room helps. My calorie goal right now is what my maintenance calories will be when I meet my initial goal of 170lb. Once I get to my goal weight and am maintaining it for a couple months I’ll reassess if I want to lose more or just maintain it for a while. Any lower number just feels too overwhelming right now.

Besides the number on the scale, I do enjoy cooking my own meals and knowing they are healthy. While I am not fond of dishes, I’ve come to realize making my own food can be just as easy and ordering and waiting for take out with the right recipe.

My exercise isn’t anything hardcore but something I enjoy. My walks help me to have more energy than before and while I still have meh days overall my mental outlook has been so much better after I started exercising. I also love being able to go hiking with friends and really enjoy it instead of feeling miserable and have been able to spend more time with them now that they know hiking is something I like to do.

Life happens and something could come along to derail my efforts temporarily but if I try and keep focused on all the benefits I’ve had beside just the number on the scale I hope that will help keep these as permanent habits(sorry for the book long reply)
  • Chalmation
    Options
    Daily Post Friday
    Exercise: 38 minutes indoor and outdoor walking
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Friday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise yes treadmill
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Friday

Exercise: walked 25 minutes

Was way too far under my calorie goal today. That’s rare for me
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Fri
    Previous Week's weight: 225.8
    Todays Weight: 224.6
  • AB0215
    Options
    s4t07mem26kh.png
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    nebslp
    Saturday
    SW: 240
    PW: 239.4
    CW: 239.2

OMG! -.2 is a minus, but really!? I can do so much better. Last week I didn’t track and indulged at times I wasn’t even hungry so there you go. This coming week I will be tracking every day even though I will be out a lot until Tuesday. Time is not standing still, so neither can I!
This discussion has been closed.