TEAM: The Slimsons (December)

Options

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    My daughter gave me a gift card to Amazon and I am in the market for a new scale that gives more information than just pounds. There is such a variety of scales out there that I was hoping someone could give me their opinion on ones they've tried. I'm looking at the $25 range but can't imagine how anything that inexpensive could be accurate on 13+ different body readings. I'm tired of focusing on the lbs. and am looking for more ways to monitor progress, such as measuring body fat, BMI, etc. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 12/29
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: No, was still feeling wiped and blah
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Thursday 12/30
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under
    Exercise no
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    December Week 5 - Thurs, 12/30

Track: No
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: None

I had pizza and breadsticks for dinner. I came to the mountains from Charlotte for the weekend, and getting in late, wanted something easy to eat. I now remember why I don’t eat pizza, little to never. I feel bloated and just “ugh” after it.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday
    Exercise: 39 minutes indoor and outdoor walking
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Exercise: walked
    Calories: over
    Tracked: yes
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh day: Thursday
    PW: 469.8lbs
    CW: 470.2

So this past two weeks haven been very trying for and wound up in ER 2 nights ago cause pain was excruciating radiating from my back to thigh on my right side turns I may have went from Myofascial pain syndrome to Sciatica😥😥 but this year I've lost 79.8lbs so I'm very happy.

Happy Birthday to me🎂🎂🎉🎁🎁🎉🎉
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    My daughter gave me a gift card to Amazon and I am in the market for a new scale that gives more information than just pounds. There is such a variety of scales out there that I was hoping someone could give me their opinion on ones they've tried. I'm looking at the $25 range but can't imagine how anything that inexpensive could be accurate on 13+ different body readings. I'm tired of focusing on the lbs. and am looking for more ways to monitor progress, such as measuring body fat, BMI, etc. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Limited-time deal: Arboleaf Bathroom Scale for Body Weight, Smart Digital Scale with BMI, Body Fat and Water Weight, Muscle Mass, Body Composition Analyzer with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, App, Wireless, 5 to 400 lbs Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XKGX9SK/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_7WT7J251533NFVRF347W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    FushiaKat wrote: »
    SalluR wrote: »
    FUSHIAKAT
    Week 5 (Tuesday 12-28-2021)
    PW =183.4
    CW= 180.2

Well done !

Thanks! I did not believe that I lost over 3 pounds last week but today the scale confirmed it. :)
    I'm also starting to notice calf muscles, hip bones and ribs. And this is sort of funny but my but no longer touches both sides of the bathtub. Lol!

What I call NSV you getting it girly!🤩🤩
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday

I applaud you on all your commitments to yourself and know life can intervene so here's a little note to let you know although you've decided not to continue this challenge next month feel free to peak in and say hi and you're welcome back anytime even if just being a part of the cheer squad. Believe me I have left 3x I think but the love & commanderies of this group inspire you to come back so here I am😆😆😆
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys. Been MIA. Last week my son was sick, he’s feeling much better now. (Not Covid very bad tonsillitis- ran a sorta high temp 7 days straight every thing they tested him for came back neg). And then Christmas came. I hadn’t realized how this year the holidays were going to affect me. (Mentally) but I am ready for tomorrow and to start the new year right. Spent the last couple days getting my head straight.

Happy happy new year everyone.
  • Chalmation
    Options
    Chalmation
    Week 5
    Friday
    PW 142.2
    CW 142.4

Before Christmas I was wobbling at 142.x for a few days. I've lost the Christmas bloat and now I'm back to wobbling again! And this is my 1st gain this challenge! Gaaaah!!!!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post Thursday

I applaud you on all your commitments to yourself and know life can intervene so here's a little note to let you know although you've decided not to continue this challenge next month feel free to peak in and say hi and you're welcome back anytime even if just being a part of the cheer squad. Believe me I have left 3x I think but the love & commanderies of this group inspire you to come back so here I am😆😆😆

Hi @gjaholy33 Thank you for the note. This group has been great, but I'm going to try Fit2Fat and see if that's a better fit for me. I am dedicated to losing the weight so that is not the issue. I'm looking for a bit more interaction. I like that they have a spreadsheet that I can track 5 goals for the month. I'm going to try that, along with posting every day and weekly weigh-ins. Happy New Year everyone. I wish you all the best and success with your weight goals.
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thursday 12/30
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Nope, ran out of time. Didn’t schedule it in my day like I should have
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @gjaholy33 Thank you for the link for the scale. I just saw it now, but yesterday I actually ordered a Renpho Body Fat scale that a couple of other people had said they liked and it should be here on Tuesday. But I appreciate your taking the time to attach the link.
    I hope you're feeling better by now. I'm sorry you been having so much pain.
    AND congratulations on a fabulous weight loss this year! That's quite an accomplishment!!
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Friday 12/31
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: walking

Happy 2022, everyone!
  • Chalmation
    Options
    Daily Post Friday
    Exercise: 33 minutes outdoor walking

811783z07x4pcn4o.gif
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    December Week 5 - Fri, 12/31

I need a pick me up. Might make my low-sugar chocolate pie tomorrow (sugar free jello, Cool Whip, low fat milk, and graham cracker crust). Betty White passed this morning, and I was in a fog most of the day. She was one of my favourites. I’ve already this year lost two older adults close to me, along with Prince Philip (I really liked him and Queen Elizabeth - couple goals right there). I just feel numb. I will cry my eyes out when the Queen passes.

Track: No
    Calories: Way beyond my normal.
    Exercise: Wanted to go walking on a rail trail I like when I come to the mountains. Woke up late and late start on errands. That combined with rain meant it was too dreary and dark to walk. Hope to do so tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.