WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    @Kali225 You got COVID and you still crushed out respectful steps there lady.. wow. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

@DD265 That's awesome that your steps have increased... I have actually been thinking that I might try to incorporate my own retroactive stats for the team in 2022 so I can produce more data to that effect... will take some organizing so we'll see if I get there but it would definitely be fun if I could drop a stat or two for people that's got more history than just the current month.

Well, Christmas is pretty much set up here. All the battery operated decorations need to be set up with new batteries and there's some stuff to move and put away, but the tree is decorated. Hard to believe the holidays are only 20 days away!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    December Step Team

In addition to your weekly weigh-ins, all members are welcome to join our step challenge as well.

While it's a step challenge, your daily steps from your tracker AND your minutes of intentional exercise will all count.

As I mentioned yesterday, for teammates that were part of the November step team, I'll keep you on in December with the same step pledge unless told otherwise. If you didn't join in November but want to participate in December, please provide me with a daily step pledge so I can include you in those stats as well. Not required of course, but if you have one, then I'll be able to track your progress against it.

Then, report by the end of the day Sunday for the Sunday-Saturday of the previous week. You're also welcome to report daily like me, or whatever is easiest for you. As long as all the week's stats are there by end of day Sunday wherever you live, your steps will be counted in my weekly report.

Any questions, just ask!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    CW: 79.8kg

We ate out twice on Saturday due to being so far from home, but the scales were kind yesterday. Then we had bacon at lunch so I think it's probably water retention. I know that being out and about means I often don't drink enough as well which doesn't help weight loss.

I'm feeling pretty flat/brain-foggy today, and I think some fresh air is needed so I will get out for a walk at lunch time. Pity it's so cold and I can't open the windows wide! My friends and I are supposed to be doing a big group run after work (one of those that creates a picture in Strava) and I don't really fancy it right now but suspect the exercise/atmosphere will do me good.

We have the plasterer coming to quote later so hopefully I can get the bookings in for the redecorating. It's too big a job and will be too disruptive to DIY it; both our hallways, the stairs and living/dining room - we have to pass through these spaces to get anywhere. I have no idea what we're going to do with the cats whilst all this is going on!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I would like to join the steps challenge. I'll set my goal at 8k for now.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    stress is high and time is tight.

I just looked up images for "high and tight" to give you a laugh - but all the guys with that haircut look SO serious! Scroll down and find the smiling ones. There are 2 or 3 out of several zillion! Then there are the really scary ones. Don't be one of those :grimace: Stay steady, friend!

https://www.google.com/search?q=high+and+tight+haircut&rlz=1C1GCEA_enCA757CA757&sxsrf=AOaemvK6Pv54uj-Ync4CGzXkkDLblehBOw:1638800012553&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiXl-zkrc_0AhUCB50JHcAbA-gQ_AUoAXoECAIQAw&biw=1536&bih=721&dpr=2.5
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @kdblpn and @MandiSaysHey
    Got you both down - so glad to have you joining the team!

I woke up feeling refreshed (even though I got way too little sleep last night) for a 5:30 Intervals and Arms ride on the Peloton. I don't do live classes very often, but this was my 50th ride and I wanted to celebrate with a live leaderboard. I finished in the bottom of the top 25% so I feel good about that. I know my biking has definitely improved since we got the Peloton and I hope that when we ride the Legacy Trail next spring I'll be closer to keeping up with my speedy husband.

I ate just below maintenance all weekend as we had lots of celebration and such. Back at my deficit today and feeling good about my ability to record a loss this week.

The cold has finally arrived to Alberta so I will be doing some more indoor exercise this week I'm sure, although the dog still needs to walk :)

Have a great Monday all

• kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. Yesterday was girls evening out. We went to an escape room. If you have never been I highly recommend it, it was a blast. My steps sucked yesterday but I am making up for it today. Ready to tackle going back to work tomorrow. I feel like my life is finally getting back in order. School is done. Graduation is over. Ready to reed the benefit of a raise because of it. Had to take my pup to get a haircut Friday. He has to be sedated because he bites when they try to cut his hair. I think they gave him too much sedation because he is not himself yet. Hopefully he will bounce back soon. It's beautiful here today and I want to take him for a long walk before the frigid air hits tomorrow.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @kdblpn
    What kind of dog do you have?
    Having a pet is a great way to get extra steps eh? Hopefully he bounces back from the sedation soon! It's super cold here now so my pup won't be too thrilled (nor can she handle extreme cold). Will have to find other ways to keep her happy and exercised :)
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 He is a terrier and shih tzu mix. He weighs 18 pounds when he is soaking wet. I love him so much I didn't think it was possible to love a dog so much.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @DD265 I will admit I had NO idea what you meant when you said you were doing a group run that resulted in a Strava picture, but that's SO cool now that I see it. Glad you rallied for it.. hope it turned out to be fun :)

@kdblpn So so cute... I feel the same way about our dog, she has stolen our heart!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @DD265 that's hilarious! Way to go
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Yo ho! We're having a wild and noisy storm and the power may not stay on (it has flickered a lot over the past hour). Sadly, it is starting out as rain and then will behave itself and turn to snow, but whatever it does, it will be a bit of a mess. I stayed in today, so I had better get on the bike! Got some Pilates and heaving of kettlebells done so far, and managed to ignore the cookies that are lurking in the freezer.

Quick catch up -
    @Terytha
    @tasoconnor

Due Tuesday:
    @Kali225

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    12/5 exercise:
    50 minutes Peloton + 4515 steps
    12/6 exercise:
    35 minutes Peloton + 5 minutes strength + 3100 steps

The cold has gotten to me the last couple days.
    I was on the bike longer yesterday so I squeaked out my goal regardless, but today I just couldn't muster the extra energy to do something more indoors. At lunch it was so frigid that my dog wasn't going out and I took a pass on myself too.
    I am volunteering tomorrow after work and have to walk to my Mom's before so I will have to do some careful planning to hit my targets tomorrow.

Night all!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I hope everybody is well.

@micki48 those are really cute!

It is cold today, and that made getting out of bed for a training session so much harder. Managed a good 75kg deadlift today, so 80kg is the next goal. We also worked on shoulder strength by doing some dips which I found very hard on the hands. Came home, defrosted OH's car for him, then walked down to feed the ducks. The sky was a vibrant red first thing which doesn't bode well for today's weather. I think we're due a storm too @jugar!

It's a layering up kind of day me thinks, and I am adding Ribena (blackcurrant cordial) to the shopping list as it's the only thing I'll drink warm. A little while ago I bought some 'accessories' - made from recycled old cashmere jumpers, I got leg warmers, wrist warmers and a neck tube - they make such a difference to how warm I feel. I know that if I sit around feeling cold I will just want to eat my way through it.
This discussion has been closed.