WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    My favourite 'curse' so far is a carrier bag splitting and their bottle of wine smashing on the floor, preferably right at their door step.

Ok now this was funny!!!
    Sounds like a therapeutic process ;)
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words about the step reports. A lot of the changes will just be in how I prepare the report but I'm hoping in doing so that I can produce some more advanced stats for people. We'll see how it turns out. Have a great day all!
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I am still tracking calories, just within the allotted timeframe. Right now I'm trying to eat only between 12-8pm, it's only been a few days but it's going okay right now. One of my struggles is when it gets to be 8-830 and I'm getting ready for bed, if I haven't eaten my calorie allotment for the day, I will go overboard on the nighttime snacking even if I'm not hungry. I think limiting myself to not eating after 730-8pm will help. We will see. Also, super cute guinea pigs, they are adorable.

@micki48 can you share the recipe for the crockpot chicken and dumplings? I tried one a couple months ago that didn't come out great so I'd love to find one that works!

@DD265 yes nighttime snacking is my issue. I will see how it goes for a few weeks and adjust if needed. I'll take a couple of breaks from it though between birthday and holiday celebrations coming up.
  • MandiSaysHey
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 holy cow, great loss this week!!!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @MandiSaysHey I've done intermittent fasting and I've really liked it as it helps me avoid snacking in the morning and evening. I did the 16:8 method and basically stopped eating after about 7pm so I could eat a little earlier at 11am the next day. The only thing I really struggle with is coffee in the morning because I like creamer. I have not tried the low calorie thing, sounds like they're mixing OMAD in with intermittent fasting.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
    I had a weird evening yesterday (something I ate decided it did not like me...) and did not get back here to post Thursday reminders - but you are all doing just fine without any nagging from me! @ashleycarole86 into the 180s! Hats off, m'dear :smiley:

I have some new music that arrived in the mail yesterday - time to go see what it's like. I'm hoping to play some of it in Charlotte NC next time I'm there. My mom thinks I am mad at her if I don't play something every visit, and there is a wonderful pianist I love working with there, so this will give me new stuff to work on.

I love the curses... the breaking bottle of wine is a great one! @DD265
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @jugar @ashleycarole86 I had more, but some of them were not very polite! I find 'cursing' like that can add humour to a situation and diffuse the anger, plus it's so irritating to step on a wet bath mat in fresh socks. :D

@bowens1973 it still amazes me how your 'not good week' is still a 1lb loss. You're right, you've totally got this covered!

I've just gotten back from picking the car up and am relieved that we did not buy a rust bucket. It does want new front tyres sooner rather than later as they're perishing, and both sets of brake pads will need doing when the discs do (but no point doing them first), but it's decent and has nothing to worry about. This is good news for the budget and a weight off my mind.

I did get out to feed the ducks and I'm certain they recognise me. I struggled to walk all the way around the wharf as parts of the path were flooded but managed it in the end. That's a run and 3x walks today, and I 'only' have 12400 steps. It always amazes me how much ground I have to cover to get my steps in and it's something I struggle with a lot. When Mom and I were in London, she always had far more steps than me and we decided it's because I have a longer stride; I take after my Dad, and of course I have to keep up with 6ft tall speedy OH. I think I may spent large parts of the evening sat on the sofa with my cross stitch. :smile:
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    @jugar @ashleycarole86 I had more, but some of them were not very polite! I find 'cursing' like that can add humour to a situation and diffuse the anger, plus it's so irritating to step on a wet bath mat in fresh socks. :D

Another amazing one!!! Oh my goodness - this is so great, why have I never thought of this? What a great way to diffuse anger.... you must have a repository of these unfortunate situations. I look forward to you dropping these gems from time to time... makes me smile
  • MandiSaysHey
    Options
    @AshenMoon I also like flavored creamer in my coffee but this week I have been doing black coffee with a splash of sugar free 0 calorie flavored syrup. It's not so bad, but I'm sure there will be days I give in and have a little cream.
  • MandiSaysHey
    Options
    @AshenMoon also I had to Google OMAD as I wasn't familiar with the term. The first thing I came upon said it's a type of intermittent fasting. I'm going to stick with just doing the 16:8 method for the rest of December (with a couple of cheat days for my birthday and Christmas) and see where that lands me.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    CW 158.1
    one pound up from last week I think. I'm going in to the habit tracker to pare things down to the basic.
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Sorry about posting my introduction late. I took a long break from MFP and only just got the courage to come back. My name is Grace, I live in Nottingham with my sister. I am currently correcting my PHD thesis. I am home a lot and have piled on a lot more weight since I was last on the group.

I am looking forward to reducing the weight I have gained, getting healthier and happier. My back hurts this days as well. So that has to be fixed.

I will weigh in on Sundays, walk more, restrict calories to less than 1300...and drink 2l of water daily. Thank you all for having me

• jugar
    Options
    @graceojo999 Welcome back! You have not been here for a while, and it is wonderful to see you. To get the month started, could you give me a weight for this past Sunday? It can be a guess if you don't know exactly - it is just to have a starting weight. Thanks!

Be sure to come by and check in often :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    OK Folks - Friday will soon be upon us - they just keep rolling around with alarming frequency!

Due/overdue:
    @Terytha
    @tasoconnor
    @MoStacy

Due Friday:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @happimess01
    @Steph1498
    @Micki48
    @bonnie_red
    @gak71
    @Pearl4686
    @ellz_runs

Thanks!
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    MoStacy
    PW: 204 lb
    CW: 206 lb

@jugar, sorry about the late weigh-in. Ever since the update I was having a terrible time finding the group.

I am just hoping to maintain this month. I plan on hitting it hard Jan. 1. I would like to be added to the steps challenge in Jan.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    You got it @MoStacy , will be glad to have you on come January!

I spent the night with my Mom tonight while Brad was at a work party. I made her supper and we chatted about lots of things.

Snuck in a Peloton ride when I got home and now I'm calling it a night!

12/09 exercise:
    40 minutes Peloton + 6288 steps
This discussion has been closed.