WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Happy Saturday!
    I am joining @PlaneMonkey in the weather blues - rain over snow, not anyone's fave. And wonderful older neighbours! I would bet my last $$ that she would love a phone call or a quick chat to tell her how you have been feeling, how much you admire her, and that you'll be out there after it freezes again. Ask her to save the really big shovelling days for weekends so you can be out there in the light. You'll make her day for sure.

The truly terrible weather blues in Kentucky and other states is horrible to hear about. I hope everyone and their families and friends are all right. We're expecting very high winds tonight, but have never seen anything like all those tornados. Scary stuff.

@sljjjembeca good to see you! With that kind of schedule, I can see why you are not able to post often. I know exactly what you mean about feeling like your own spectator. When everything you do is for others, it is satisfying in many ways, but nothing is chosen by you except the way you get the things done. If you can fit in just one small thing for you every day, that might feel good. One pre-planned healthy meal each day, even if it exactly the same day in and day out can be good. One short exercise session, just a time to sit alone in a corner and take a few minutes worth of deep breaths. It won't solve the intensity of your time crunch, but it is for you alone. Maybe that could help? In any case, you are amazing. And you ARE going to figure it out! those kiddoes better shower you with lots o' love...
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    Week 2's Group Challenge has been posted and begins tomorrow (12/12/21). Watch each day for a new picture and activity. Enjoy!

Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850791/december-week-2-challenge-activity-candy-cane#latest
  • jugar
    ellz_runs wrote: »
    @jugar I'm so sorry for late weigh in 🙈

Ellz_runs
    Friday
    PW 216 lbs
    CW 213.4lbs

Thank you and sorry again ♥️

No apologies needed! As long as it is in by the end of Saturday, I say close enough!
  • jugar
    Time for Week 1 LAST CALL!

Try to get these weigh-ins done by 8 am Eastern Sunday morning -- Thanks!

@Terytha
    @tasoconnor
    @Steph1498
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Big hugs to you @conleywoods ... a tough time of transition for you and the family. My heart goes out to you.
  • ashleycarole86
    12/11 exercise -
    20 minutes Peloton + 10 minutes yoga + 10 minutes strength + 5479 steps

Not bad for a day where we saw two movies in theaters (West Side Story, House of Gucci). There was a promotion going on and we had vouchers so we saw both for $3 when it was all said and done! I love going to movies in the theatre so it was a nice day.

Off to my mom's tomorrow as Brad is doing a food prep day - pork kebabs, cabbage rolls and perogies. Hoping to get up early for my bike ride.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    @conleywoods So sorry to hear about you having to say goodbye to Bernie. Our pets are such integral parts of our family, aren't they? Remember to give yourself grace as you grieve. Big hugs to you and your family.

Yx
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    @ellz_runs Fabulous loss, my Friend!
  • jugar
    Happy Sunday - and welcome to Week 2! As usual, @YinxFed has us off to a good start with light at the end of the tunnel :heart:

Remaining Sunday weigh-ins:
    @deniners2
    @graceojo999

We hit the #3 spot for last week - well done! The top two teams had a couple of individuals in the double digit losses for the week, so I think we were fabulous with our sustainable losses and good number of members in the green.

I'm very excited to go pick up my daughter at the airport in Montréal late this afternoon - haven't seen her since June, so it will be a non-stop gab and laugh fest, I suspect. Not to mention eating - starting with a sushi feast as soon as we arrive at my son's house. I'm picking that up this afternoon so that no one will have to cook. It's almost a 4 hour round trip to the airport, and I don't want to stop anywhere. Sushi is worth waiting for!

I hope you all have a restful, lovely day - I'll try to drop in tonight before bed :smiley:
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    @conleywoods I can't imagine what you are going through. Remember the good times and know that your dog is not suffering. I know some people will say oh it's just a dog, but my dog is like my child. I would be devistated.
  • ashleycarole86
    kdblpn wrote: »
    How can it be that kids should have to ask for food for a Christmas present. There are only 4 people in the motorcycle club but I am going to make those kids the best food boxes they have ever seen.

Very sad indeed. So nice you are able to give back in that way through your boyfriend's motorcycle club.

@jugar Have a FANTASTIC visit with your lovely daughter... you are going to have a blast!

I tried to get up early to exercise but I was tired and took that as my cue to sleep in. Ended up sleeping was past what I normally do which I will just take as a gift.

Just finishing some work and then I'll head down to ride. I'm also going to participate in the week 2 challenge for Sunday to walk at least 20 minutes.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    Results-of-the-Week-in-Education1.jpg

We have completed the first week of December! Click the link down below to check out the results!

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...
    5nf10lpa3bsf.png
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @conleywoods so sorry hear about your sweet dog. Those situations are so difficult!
  • MandiSaysHey
    edited December 2021
    Steps from last week.

I can't get the photo to upload :(

Sunday 12/5 1,973
    Monday 12/6 11,233
    Tuesday 12/7 12,304
    Wednesday 12/8 9,187
    Thursday 12/9 9,521
    Friday 12/10 10,326
    Saturday 12/11 2,619
  • MandiSaysHey
    I went way over on calories yesterday because I went to a birthday party for my niece and then stopped for coffee and went to a drive through Christmas light display and out to dinner with my boyfriend and my son. Back on track today and hopefully all week until Friday. I've got planned cheat days for Friday and Saturday because of my birthday. December is a hard month.
This discussion has been closed.