January 23

Options

Replies

• jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, I did a 30 minute stretching workout.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    2/3 pass days.
    Here’s a picture of the puzzle I started yesterday. I also made air fried chicken legs. hsizpgrh2cv6.jpeg
    igorardjcvg1.jpeg
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Gonna save our Jan group logs, so that I can read through some of these insights! Been a busy month. BUT, another 3-yes wknd. I'm realizing the doing intermittent fasting is helping me learn about and correct my behavior 'round binge eating. In the words of Kevin Hart, alright, alright, alright :)
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,208 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    1/23
    Exersised yes
    Caleries yes
    Logged yes
    I crave dark chocolate alot.

Great job today @stella7x7 and yes, chocolate is a very popular craving food.

@Mrs_Hoffer has a great strategy to limit to the very dark chocolate and small controlled servings (well done Teresa!)
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    All three done even able to do some rowing was fearful that once I hit the seat of the rower I would be stuck but my knee cooperated and I could get up the exercise felt so nice signs of things to come I hope so.

Kate - I hope your knee continues to cooperate 🀞🏻 Well done today! πŸ₯° @snowshoe072
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Ginharbe wrote: Β»
    Cravings= Mexican chips with guacamole salsa or roasted poblano pepper

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? more did great today Walking 4.34 km Distance 48:08Time
    Runnig 1.72 km Distance 15:27Time
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes , also exercise helped

Now I want to try tortilla chips with roasted poblano peppers! Well done today @Ginharbe 😊
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Gonna save our Jan group logs, so that I can read through some of these insights! Been a busy month. BUT, another 3-yes wknd. I'm realizing the doing intermittent fasting is helping me learn about and correct my behavior 'round binge eating. In the words of Kevin Hart, alright, alright, alright :)

So glad to know that IMF is working for you and helping you learn more about yourself. It just doesn’t get better than that! @ForLangston 3qosqm2fwi0q.gif

Well done on a successful weekend β€” wishing you a super week ahead. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    jmu1965 wrote: Β»
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, I did a 30 minute stretching workout.
    2/3 pass days.
    Here’s a picture of the puzzle I started yesterday. I also made air fried chicken legs. hsizpgrh2cv6.jpeg
    igorardjcvg1.jpeg

I love my air fryer and please do share recipes? What a sweet jigsaw 😍 Super job today @jmu1965 β€” have a wonderful week ahead. 🧸
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Jan 23

Exercise: ✨ ( 10 mins balance / LOTS of exergame - 8,809 steps by 10:00 )
    Logged: ✨ EVERYthing
    In Range: ✨ left all 42 exercise calories in the pot
    (If a ❌ instead of a 🌟, it was a Pass Day)
    🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟
    🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟-❌-🌟-🌟-🌟-🌟
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    January 23
    βœ…βœ…βœ…
    4 pass days used

Historically speaking, cravings are not an issue so much as grazing or mindless eating due to nerves. Usually something easily accessible.

As folks here on UAC got to witness I did deal with legitimate cravings while on ketosis last year, which were ultimately tied to carb intake and my body tricking me into craving "mildly" higher carb foods, like peanut butter. Not a great source of carbs, except when you're giving into cravings and blasting through your daily carb limit with it. As long as I kept my carbs well down keto was no issue with no cravings, but even a minor slip-up would result in a crazy session of gorging on something to fill up on carbs.

Being mindful of my nerves and grabbing something to munch on is my first line is f defense. After that it's trying to figure out if I'm thirsty. After that it's trying to figure out if I'm truly hungry. Sadly if nerves are too shot and things are too chaotic there is little chance to pay that much mind. But even if I break down, knowing the cause is the first step to addressing it.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 76 minutes walking

Pass days used - 3/3
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Jan 23 - Tracked & stayed under. No exercise though (some housework) but didn't break a sweat so not counting it.
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. Cravings usually revolve around sugar - something sweet after a meal. I think I get that from my dad! But the less I indulge, the less I crave it. A square of dark chocolate is often enough to feel like a treat without giving me that craving for more sweetness.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Jan 23 - Tracked & stayed under. No exercise though (some housework) but didn't break a sweat so not counting it.

Way to track and keep under Jana! Wishing you a super week ahead. πŸ₯° @Jana_2020
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Well done today:
    @ideas2 @Caramel_Apple @loopydo2017 @ashleycarole86 @BMcC9
    🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    βœ… Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise and a 1 hour neighborhood stroll.
    βœ… Calories -
    βœ… Tracking -
    Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    0 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-

Re: cravings. I'm not sure if I have cravings or not. When I can't stop myself from eating, it's usually not a craving, but an intense desire to eat carbs, both salty and sweet. It really doesn't matter what it is. If it is in the house, I'll eat it. However, I have chips, chocolate, nuts around the house all the time and for the most part will eat a little every day and log the calories. After some recent close calls, I've tried to deliberately drink water or tea in place of eating to see if that dulls the desire to binge. It's mostly working so far, but I don't know if I'll always be able to stop myself.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    January 23
    βœ…βœ…βœ…
    4 pass days used
    Historically speaking, cravings are not an issue so much as grazing or mindless eating due to nerves. Usually something easily accessible.

As folks here on UAC got to witness I did deal with legitimate cravings while on ketosis last year, which were ultimately tied to carb intake and my body tricking me into craving "mildly" higher carb foods, like peanut butter. Not a great source of carbs, except when you're giving into cravings and blasting through your daily carb limit with it. As long as I kept my carbs well down keto was no issue with no cravings, but even a minor slip-up would result in a crazy session of gorging on something to fill up on carbs.
    Being mindful of my nerves and grabbing something to munch on is my first line is f defense. After that it's trying to figure out if I'm thirsty. After that it's trying to figure out if I'm truly hungry. Sadly if nerves are too shot and things are too chaotic there is little chance to pay that much mind. But even if I break down, knowing the cause is the first step to addressing it.

You are a warrior Chris and you are a winner. Well done today keeping on track in a time of terrific turmoil. Thinking of you and sending encouragement and good wishes for strength in the week ahead. πŸ’«