January 19

Options
13»

Replies

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    @seilidhe - sorry to hear about your daughter, but I’m glad she has so much loving support and is getting the help she needs. I understand why your mommas heart is heavy.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,388 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes pool day and a walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Yes x's 3; all pass days used due to covid and a weird calf injury.. but I am staying focused.
    Still im fasting.
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,996 Member
    Options
    The thing that I am still trying to master, is controlling the nibbling. That's what tripped me up yesterday. Thankfully it wasn't "junk" that I was eating, it was almonds, raisins, and dehydrated apples (DH got us a food dehydrator for Christmas). But even nutritious nibbles have calories and I did a little too much nibbling throughout the day, so it added up and put me over my calorie budget for the day. (That and the 6.7 oz grilled salmon I had for dinner. Salmon may be nutritious, but it has a lot of calories!)

After yesterday, the most important of the "How to Stay Consistent" suggestions for me is to "Get back on track if you slip up." It helps me to get back on track and stay on track by weighing myself every morning. It is especially helpful when I've had a little slip like yesterday. My weight was up a pound today (I know water weight mostly) and put me close to being at/over my Red Light number of 135. Seeing 134.8 put the fear in me that I need to do better to control the "nibbles." I plan on sticking to my planned meals and snacks and if I feel the "need" for any almonds, dehydrated apples, or raisins I will measure out a proper portion rather than reaching into the bag/container every time I go past the pantry. :smile:

Tracked - Yes, but approximated the nibbles
    Calories - No, went over my budget
    Exercise - Yes, a 3.55 mile run
    Have used all my Pass Days but still a Champion. :blush:

@Jana_2020 thanks for the "How to Stay Consistent" reminders!

• tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    @seilidhe Sounds beyond stressful, the worry and the unknown... hoping for good things for your daughter.

@MadisonMolly2017 Your strength is inspiring!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »
    1/20/2022
    Exercise? Does worry count? No? Then no, not enough.
    Tracking? Yes.
    Calories? No.

I was doing okay today... then I got an email from my daughter telling me her counselor and psych who prescribes her meds were trying to figure out if she needed to go to the CRC (Crisis Response Center) or to a hospital. We emailed back and forth because I couldn't leave work right away. When I finally was able to, the bus had to detour adding time (not that much but it felt like an eternity) to my trip. The decision was to send her to the CRC, and mobile team member was kind enough to wait for me to get there. She let me drive my daughter, while she followed. We got to the CRC around 6. I left, without my baby, around 8:45. I was hungry, frustrated, worried and sad... I stopped at a fast-food place because... quick and easy. Did not make good choices. Don't care. She'll be evaluated in the morning to see if she gets to come home or will be going to spend time in a Level 1 facility. sigh... She's had some rough days. I was expecting this. Still.... I'm not liking it one bit.

@seilidhe Thinking of your daughter and you as you experience this. You are doing your best — everything else can wait. Sending a hug and encouragement 💛
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,581 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Pass day 5
    @Jana_2020 -thx for that great graphic!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    @seilidhe Sounds beyond stressful, the worry and the unknown... hoping for good things for your daughter.

@MadisonMolly2017 Your strength is inspiring!

Thank you @ashleycarole86 …your comment helped a lot.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Jan 19, no x 3
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, morning walk 46 min, evening walk 28 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes, under

@Jana_2020 I'm a newbie joining the Feb UAC but I saw the invite to join the last few days of Jan UAC and am so glad I decided to go back through my Garmin log and MFP log to reflect on how I did (and post them as I go)... this graphic you posted (and a few other intro posts, too!) have been so inspiring and insightful! Really looking forward to being a part of the UAC group :)
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, morning walk 46 min, evening walk 28 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes, under

@Jana_2020 I'm a newbie joining the Feb UAC but I saw the invite to join the last few days of Jan UAC and am so glad I decided to go back through my Garmin log and MFP log to reflect on how I did (and post them as I go)... this graphic you posted (and a few other intro posts, too!) have been so inspiring and insightful! Really looking forward to being a part of the UAC group :)

Welcome @makattack220 I'm really grateful for this group. The trick is to keep showing up, no matter your success or fail. No judgments here, just support. Looking forward to getting to know you as we all share our journey together ❤
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Jana_2020 ! I love that: no judgements, just support. :)