January 10

Replies

• Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Monday January 10

✅✅✅

Day 10 of my 10,000+ steps a day completed.
    32 minute walk outdoors with the pup in the freezing cold and snow
    15 minute walk on the treadmill.

No pass days in January

I just hope that the pup has a decent winter coat :)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    👀 Guess I'll post here too.

I'm waking at 6am and going to bed at around 11pm because of my work scheduling. Theres been alot going on. I've been bringing healthy snacks to work instead of buying anything I see on the shelf to eat. 😩 I sat across someone eating donuts and pasta and I almost left the room.

Exercise: yes definitely. I swam for about an hour and a half, I ran/jogged for about 20 minutes. Also, I like to do abit of weight training on the side for like 5 min. (2pd weights I'm starting out with)

Calorie Budget: I was about 50ish calories over today but I did some situps to compensate.

Ate and Drank: Yes I always do. Personally I have to do water more often, I dont drink as much as I should- my next question. 🤷‍♀️

(waving hello 🙋‍♀️) you found us! you did great. See you on tomorrow's thread! What kind of work do you do / basic work schedule do you have? Might make some water strategies easier to add than others.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,991 Member
    jjjcat wrote: »
    Monday Jan 10

Exercise: Yes 25 minute dog walk and 30 minute Body Combat workout
    Tracked all: Yes (including the macadamia nuts I shouldn't have snacked on)
    Calories under: Yes

I think that setting NY resolutions of some kind can help set your intentions for the year. Even if the specific goal changes due to circumstances or a change of heart.

Macadamia nuts are so addictive I used to eat sooo many of them and got the shock of my life wen I realised how many calories they hve in them he he! Great u were still able 2 stay under. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    The article explains it well. Little habits become unconscious, and continue to provide "compound interest" level of improvement in the background as you focus on the next bit.
    (Gradually) Become the Type of Person who does that kind of thing rather than over-focusing on a big-target result or outcome. Wonderful and very TRUE (in my historical experience)
    IMO, A New YEAR resolution exercise can help provide clarity on defining the Person you want to become ... but then it needs to be broken down into New Month (or even New Week) In-between mini-resolutions that are very small, very targeted, and very Easy-Win. I have even been known to take the "Just For Today" (or even "Just For This Decision" approach, to make it through a week.)

I am working on some mini-habits related to a new work-day Morning Routine and so far it is going well.

So true!!! Awesome to hear ur mini habits routine is on track! Xox
  • donna25trinity
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Thanks @Jana_2020 for a great prompt today and excellent article. 💡

I have my big “Why?” and this helps me with the longer view. I use that to anchor all the other intentions I set, whether for the year, month, or week.

I actively set intentions (and then habits to cause their success) each month. I don’t do “year long resolutions” any more, as I have found that period of time to be unwieldy and unmanageable for me to sustain motivation and engagement.

My January monthly intentions are Move, Sleep, and De-stress. The habits for success are in the those themes (and I use a tracker to help me see my progress):

1. Move your butt even though it is an ungodly and inhuman temperature outside. Every day: 10,000+ steps; 30+ minutes of walking purposefully and for fitness. My habits are things like: get up at the same time every day; 16 ounces of water upon rising; socks and shoes on soon as possible after getting up, so I am ready for 👟👟👟👟 etc.

2. Get sleep (7+ hours) Keep that iPhone out of the bedroom until I have self control to stop looking at it in the night. Plug it in down the hall and in addition set apps to “screen time limits”, etc.

3. Manage the stress by doing the things that are in my control Finish knitting the “self-designed” sweater for our daughter that has literally been haunting me for two (yes, 2) years now (e.g., 15 minutes a day must be spent on this — and progress is now being made 😍); organizing and decluttering our very large home that will become an episode of Hoarders if my husband is left to his own devices; Mindfulness exercise 2 times a day (minimum) using my iPhone app and it’s prompts).

Interested to see how others manage this. Thanks again Jana!

Julie

Wat great habits to work on. Focusing on mind, body and soul. Xox
  • donna25trinity
    edited January 2022
    Arc2Arc wrote: »
    Thanks @Jana_2020 good topic for discussion. I’m happy with the weight I’ve lost but more satisfied with new habits I’m creating. A very wise friend I’ve nicknamed The Medicine Woman gave me advice on creating new habits that’s been very helpful to me. When it comes to giving something up, it helps if you can replace it with something you’d like to add. The void can be filled that way, the focus can be shifted and the sum of the two gets you closer to your goals. Simple examples are replacing food with exercise or one food with another. Correspondingly, creating a new habit opens the door to giving something up.

That is a really good strategy. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Monday 1/10/22

Exercise: 60 min Wii Tennis
    Calories Budget 1200: under
    Tracking: Complete

Jan pass days 3
    1/10

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Used #1 pass
    2 passes remain

January goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge
    6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
    [/quote]

Lots of goals for jan. All the best! Xxx
  • donna25trinity
    3 Yesses 😀 - Yay, back on track tracking after rebelling this weekend. 🤣

Exercise - Ran 3 miles 🌥🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

I didn't really make any resolutions for the year, per se, but now that I'm back under 135 lbs I'm wanting to work on staying under 135 lbs best I can. 133.8 this morning. 😊

Xox
  • donna25trinity
    twdempsey wrote: »
    Exercise yes
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes

Thx for the article. My New Years resolution is to use MyFitnessPal to support my weight loss. I am tracking every day and using these fabulous groups to help motivate me and hold me accountable

Thank you all!!

Thank God for these groups esp wen it comes to accountability right!! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    • Treadmill: 1.45 mi / 30 mins (Mixed interval (speed & hill) + warmup/cool down)
    Pass Days: 0/0

Another one that doesn't do NY resolutions. I stopped doing that in my 20s. For me it was pointless. If I want to make a change then I take the necessary steps even if that means setbacks along the way. I try to avoid doing anything that causes stress or anxiety since I had years of that before I retired.

I'm the same as u I dnt do N.Y. resolutions instead I use uac and mfp to focus on monthly goals. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes an hour swim and an hour walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

No resolutions for me! I am too scatterbrained to adhere to anything for a long term goal. I come back to everything in good time — it doesn’t do well for the maintenance type things. I have managed to floss daily and that’s something.

Yep thats def something!!! Xox
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    ~❄️~ 1 /10 /2022~~ Waving Hi ~~ ☃️ ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 240+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 27, 840+.......... 180 = walking ......... 60 = Winter Cleaning ....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY & Celebration
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    mshawski wrote: »
    ✅✅✅
    If your day was as “Monday” as mine was I highly recommend the Total Eclipse of the Heart Literal Version on YouTube. Legit makes me laugh just thinking about it.

I just watched it - hilarious!! Gotta look up some more "literal versions" of other songs I know ...
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅