Downsizers Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @peng123 I am a Beck booker too! I have never actually gotten all the way through. This is my year!

@rwood566 Roger, I hope you are okay after your turn. Get some rest!

@aneedlecraft GREAT!

@lindamtuck2018 What show is this?

@red1185 Rachel, so glad you are here. Be well at school, and get a little extra down time to battle stress. What is your get home from school routine?

@888Angie888 Angie, great job!!
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Time is Flying this week! I am lesson planning and strategizing. I have fresh yogurt waiting for me for lunch! I have come to love fresh plain yogurt, and it is so easy to make yourself if you have a warm spot to keep it. I just did up my game to having a "yogurt maker" but really it just keeps it warm and out of the way. For years I have been using my oven (not on) with just the oven light on.

Using pyrex (tempered glass), Heat 4 cups milk in microwave to almost boiling. In my microwave this is 8 min. Then allow to cool under 115. In my house this is One hour. Whisk in 2 tbs plain yogurt from last batch (or store bought). Leave undisturbed in warm place with stead temp (best is 104-115 degrees Fahrenheit). Wait 8 hours. no stirring. Cool on counter 1 hr. no stirring. Then into fridge for at least 3-8 hours to set. ALL done! Don't forget to talk to the little bacteria and thank them for eating all that lactose!

It can be made then sweet or savory. Add a tsp of honey or jam or hot chocolate mix for sweet. Add salt and garlic powder and parsely for a great ranch/mayo alternative. So great! It makes a great cream sauce substitute - you just stir it in after cooking. It does not bake or cook well if you want the consistency, so I just stir it in at the end creamy noodles and tuna and veggies.

Have a great day all!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    @MeowScout
    It’s a Canadian comedy that is on CBC. It’s called Son of a Critch. It was so nice to see the house I lived in as a child. I wish I liked yogurt. I remember my mother in law making it. I hope you can get back in the pool. I am sure missing it.

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    01/06
    Elliptical 1.62 miles, 12 minutes
    Strength training, light, 40 minutes
    Treadmill 1.17 miles 20 minutes
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Good morning, Downsizers! It's amazing to see so many people working hard towards their goals! Here's my daily check-in:

1/5:
    Calories: 1,144
    Exercise: 90 minutes elliptical and a 15-minute stretching class
    Steps: 14,245

I had another great workout this morning - I hope you all have a wonderful day!

You are so focused. I can’t last 5 minutes on the elliptical. I have tried it so many times over the years. That and the jacobs ladder are my most hated cardio equipment.

Awesome walk!

Thanks Linda :) .... Gonna go for a walk this afternoon after Alyssa is done with school ... My hip is on fire this morning and I think the cold will not help

Hope you enjoyed.
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 224.8
    CW: 222.0

You are off to a great start. Fantastic!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Good morning.

I definitely did not do what I was supposed to do over my winter break - didn’t get my exercise and didn’t really watch what I ate. So….I’m definitely expecting a huge jump when I weigh-in on Saturday.

Having said that, @Megan_smartiepants1970 starting Monday, 1/10, I’d like to increase my step goal from 6k to 6500. My plan is to have incremental increases, so as not to be overwhelmed. Also, please disregard my steps for this week, as well. I’m just going to start fresh on Monday.

My personal goals this year haven’t changed. I just want to get my steps in, do well with my diet, drink lots of water, and continue counting my NSVs. One thing I would like to do is check in here more frequently. I think it’s good motivation. I tend to ebb and flow with checking in, but I’m going to try for more consistency. I know that if I plan major goals I will not be successful, so small incremental, ACHIEVABLE goals are the best for me.

I hope everybody had a wonderful start to your new year!

Stay safe everybody, and enjoy the rest of your week.

Taking things in increments is a great plan. One step at a time. After holiday gains are happening so don’t feel bad. I am sure I will be up tomorrow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    01/06
    Elliptical 1.62 miles, 12 minutes
    Strength training, light, 40 minutes
    Treadmill 1.17 miles 20 minutes

It makes me so proud to see your exercise post. You fought back like a champ from being sidelined all summer.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments everyone, glad I made people giggle with the booty ledge.

@lindamtuck2018 my weigh in day is sat, which is tomorrow for me. It's currently Fri morning here at the moment. I'm trying to lose as much as I can this week because we are about to go on a mini break for about 4 days from Sun - Wed and I'm not going to count calories or steps during that time. It's our official holiday break since I worked through the xmas holidays. So I'm sure I'll manage to put on several lbs, but it's my last huzzah and then will get back to it seriously after that.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Can you please excuse me from the steps challenge for this coming week. Thanks.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,393 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments everyone, glad I made people giggle with the booty ledge.

@lindamtuck2018 my weigh in day is sat, which is tomorrow for me. It's currently Fri morning here at the moment. I'm trying to lose as much as I can this week because we are about to go on a mini break for about 4 days from Sun - Wed and I'm not going to count calories or steps during that time. It's our official holiday break since I worked through the xmas holidays. So I'm sure I'll manage to put on several lbs, but it's my last huzzah and then will get back to it seriously after that.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Can you please excuse me from the steps challenge for this coming week. Thanks.

Sure can Enjoy your mini break :)
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,446 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Calories- under
    Steps- 11,279
    Exercise 140 minutes
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,788 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I hate my recumbent but I am always happy I have it when I am broken. It is a great way to keep some cardio going when you are recovering and have limitations. I would be freaking out if I didn't have it right now. I will not walk without my dog. Right now I cannot hold his 65# wild behind. He is like a sled dog the first mile. After that he is good, but man that first mile!
  • tahm42
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @MeowScout I am taking things easy. once I get past the 20 min mark and the anaerobic system kicks in. Tonight I was not paying attention and I just continued right past 7 miles. I have to be more careful doing house work... or getting up without using my hands. Those abdominal movements I try to keep from pulling all the doctor's good work apart.
  • tahm42
    Options
    @peng123 Thanks for the encouragement
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    step update real quick- then heading to bed. Long work day tomorrow

2/1- 7134
    3/1- 13315
    4/1- 6645
    5/1- 10914
    6/1- TBD
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good Friday eve evening everyone. I hope you are ready for the weekend.
    Check in for 1/6:
    Steps - 12830
    Calories 1650 or close. I forgot the number while reading all of your posts.
    Exercise - 5.67 miles walk in 1 hr 43 min.

Still got lightheaded again today. Frustrating.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey guys so back on it full on so far so good hopefully a good loss next Wednesday, just got to get to the gym soon not had time recently but from today I am going to make time and kick this weights butt...2022 WILL be my year to hit goal!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 140
    CW: 144.8

Hoping some of this is water weight, lol. Way too many dinners out over the last month+!! Really trying remotivate myself to get to goal range in 2022. 😊
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    Win Saturday but not at home so
    This week it’s today
    7/1/22 149 lbs.

Done myself a food nd exercise plan for the coming week. Hopefully we’ll see a loss.
  • alexanderrob
    alexanderrob Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    robedalex
    Friday
    PW 307.6
    CW 301.4
This discussion has been closed.