Mission Slimpossible Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,482 Member
    @tammymccrady6278 I hope you can stay warm! Enjoy the kiddos.

@FushiaKat That's a great NSV. Congrats.

@Cornanda Thanks! Test came back: negative! I'm so relieved! I've got Christmas decorations all over that I need to take down. Oh well, I'll get to it when I get to it. I'm glad the hubby is feeling a bit better and is nicer lol.

@Jactop Wow, that's a lot of people to be sick, you are lucky you aren't. Yeah, I doubt the rapid tests as well. I read in an article that they are less effective when you take them too soon after onset. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself wearing a mask around all the sick. That would be cute to have a Valentine's Day tree!

@laurelfit57 Thank you, I was negative so it's just a bad cold (luckily). I am feeling better each day. Sometimes deep cleaning just takes a long time, it can be overwhelming so best taken in steps. :)

@askewcr Nice to see you back! Welcome. :D

@Katmary71 I hope your back feels better soon. I'm glad it's the weekend.

@fatfifties Woot woot! Go, girl!

Hi all. My COVID test came back and it was negative so it's just a bad cold. I'd heard that there was one going around. I ran across a free goal planning workbook that I thought I would pass on for those that like to map out goals, it's called YearCompass: https://yearcompass.com/

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    askewcr wrote: »
    Greetings!

Thanks so much for letting me join again. It's time to get back up on this weight loss challenge. Let's go get it!!

@askewcr Welcome back!
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    davidji82
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW:209.4
    CW:210.7
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    3m0ph1oyezoo.jpg

Hey all!

Despite the holidays, we had no late or missing weigh-ins last week!! I don't think I've ever seen that before!

Trying to capitalize on that success, I'm trying for week two by getting a reminder out today:

Due:
    @AmersY
    @cybernurse251
    @leonadixon
    @lose4me71
    @xrj22
    @Cornanda
    @davors19
    @gwamajtw91
    @jnoe3622
    @murdog3t

Tomorrow:
    @adoglover
    @askewcr
    @bgame4
    @digger61
    @Firefly743
    @tammymccrady6278
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    gwamajtw91
    Fridays
    PW: 167.5
    CW: 164.2

A great start for me (but I know from experience that this is not the norm) & I am hoping for up to 1 pound a week from now on!

Thinking good thoughts and sending wellness vibes to all those who are sick, aching & generally out of sorts!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 538 Member
    Happy Friday Everybody :)
    One of my goals was to try a new food and I picked a new flavor of yogurt Strawberry / Banana, I had to drive across town to get it because no markets near me carry that flavor. I will try it tonight.
    I also went shopping at Costco today so I could spend my cash back rebate. It was jammed packed full of people, elbow to elbow. My husband said that people are afraid we are going to run out of things, so they are all stocking up.
    I like a lot of others have not taken down my Christmas Tree or decorations yet. I did buy matching totes to use instead of cardboard boxes. I will take a break from my closet and work on that this weekend.
    I'm worn out to be honest, I actually took a nap today for 1.5 hours. I've been staying true to my calorie counting and food diary. Even eating the tiny bags of frosted animal cookies. Good thing they make tiny bags, I have such a huge issue with portion control. I don't know who thought up "Super-Size, Jumbo, and All You Can Eat", they have done nothing to improve the quality of life for people. :#
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,953 Member
    @fatfifties So you went swimming? Way to go!

@trooworld So glad you don't have COVID, hope the cold goes away fast!

@TeresaW1020 Well I started cutting back what I was doing when it was flaring up but it was already going out so it was too late, I'm trying to learn! I can't wait to hear about your class!

@FushiaKat Let us know how that yogurt is! When I did new foods I spontaneously grabbed a rutabaga and was freaked out for a few days because I didn't know what to expect! Flavored yogurt shouldn't be as scary! I hate when Costco is like that but it makes sense with Omicron. I haven't taken down my Christmas stuff either!

Hi gang, had my hair done earlier then have been taking it easy, I figure I'm resting until Monday but tomorrow I have Macy's coupons to use so I'll go out for that. There's a big houseplant sale at the local nursery but I don't expect to have the energy for it.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,070 Member
    @FushiaKat - Wow, you are really killing it with the closet cleaning. Yay you for sticking with your food plan and trying new foods. I'm very into finding the right bin to store my stuff in. Sometimes I never get to finish the organizing because I don't find the right bin. You seem like a lady on a mission and I don't think that will happen to you.

@jactop- goodness, that's a lot of sick people you are surrounded with. Fingers crossed you will stay healthy. You'll have to post pix of your other holiday tree decs if you decide to keep it up.

@laurelfit57 - Yes! Do it now while you are trapped inside. Clutter builds up quick so deep cleaning needs to be done regularly. If only I'd learned that before I had all this clutter! I'm still working on stuff that we moved here 10 years ago and haven't used. My husband is very against getting rid of it without going through it, although I have not yet found much worth keeping. (and he is helping with the sorting)

@askewcr - welcome back! I love your "let's go get it" posts!

@Katmary71 - hope the pain goes away quick. Bet your hair looks nice. Enjoy Macy's and I hope you get a little extra energy for that plant sale.

@fatfifties - Yay you for getting out of bed and exercising! Never an easy task!

@trooworld Hooray for the negative test! Now I'm wishing you a speedy recovery. You've been sick long enough already. Rest and get lots of fluids this weekend.

@gwamajtw91 - congrats on the loss! That's a nice way to start.

@TeresaW1020 - so glad Hubby is home and wishing you both a weekend of rest and relaxation. Boy. Your body does surely rebel against you in times of stress. Glad you are starting your program today. I'm sure there is still some stress to come as hubby heals, so keep on with grace for yourself.

I was very surprised how much I lost this week. I only ate moderately well and the only exercise I did was walking. We are doing the dry January. I think my body was in shock that I removed all the holiday crap? Whatever it was, I'll take it.

I know that when I get a big loss like this, I tend to bounce up the next week. I'm prepared for that.

I've been eager to jump into the 160s for quite awhile now- I've been close, but then an event would come and push me up a couple pounds. I'm going to make it happen this year!

Still have not opened the journal. I have to be in the right frame of mind, but I guess I'm not yet. I have noticed a bit more of my waist with what I've lost so far. I'm disappointed in how much belly fat I still see, so that would definitely be a goal for me this year. I think I will have to take some measurements as this may be hard to see progress on. I went shopping yesterday and I was able to fit into a medium shirt which made me very happy. This is something I will have to write in my journal as an NSV, so that will be a good excuse to open it.

Today the dang tree is coming down, and then I will clean as much as I can. I won't get done, but that's OK. Tomorrow we will drive our son part way back to school. My daughter is already there, so she will also drive partway to meet us. We'll grab some lunch with them, then head back home. Then FOOTBALL! So, tomorrow I will have some time to relax and enjoy.

Happy weekend everyone!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,482 Member
    @gwamajtw91 Definitely a great start, congrats!

@TeresaW1020 It is lousy lol. I am starting to feel better. I'm so glad your hubby is home safely. Happy New New Year! I think that's a great idea. I love the quote.

@davors19 @Cornanda Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 Thanks, I'm glad too! I'm feeling much better. I hope you enjoy your weekend and find some bargains at Macy's.

@Cornanda Thank you! I know, right? I am feeling better. That's good you know what to expect after a big loss. Congrats on the NSV, awesome! Enjoy the time with the kids and your football.

Hi all. I'm feeling much better so I've made some weekend plans: I'm meeting a friend for a walk tomorrow. Today, I am getting groceries and doing crafts. Have a great weekend!

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Cornanda wrote: »

Still have not opened the journal. I have to be in the right frame of mind, but I guess I'm not yet.

Lisa

Congrats on the loss and on the slimmer waist! Excellent way to start the new year!
    As for writing, maybe start in a not-so-good place and let it out, play with the pressure relief of the busy mind, rather than a specific task/idea.
    Have fun !

I love the cleaning spree going on here and after I’ll find some of my old energy, I’ll join you.
    I’m still getting some weird and gross coughing episodes and I’m trying to listen to my body and not push through. Not an easy task as I was conditioned to see it as laziness. I’m a work in progress, what can I say?

Teresa- good luck and good health to you and your husband.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @FushiaKat We are getting a Costco built here in my town and while I am super excited, I know that the entire population is as well and the place will be packed from open to close. But that is OK because I can’t wait!! :grin: Good job on staying true to your calorie counting and food diary. I have the same issue with portion control, so having pre-measured food is a good idea when possible.

@Katmary71 What are you wanting to buy at Macy’s. I hate that our Macy store closed. I would order clothes and just take them back to the store if I didn’t like them. Very convenient! I’m needing a new houseplant. My Peace Lily is pathetic and needs to be replaced. For the first time ever, I’m growing an Amaryllis and it’s gotten super tall and is just about ready to pop. I can’t wait to see it flower! :)

@Cornanda What a great loss you had this week! Keep it up and you just might see those 160s next week for sure! Yeah, I just look at food and I gain weight. So, you can only imagine how bad it is when I actually shovel it into my mouth. :grin:

@trooworld I’m so happy you are feeling better and up to going for a walk with your friend. :)

@GabiV125 You take it easy with that cough and don’t try to push yourself. I know it’s hard but think of it as a means to getting back to work quicker, which won’t happen if you make yourself sicker by trying not to be “lazy.” ;)

@tammymccrady6278 Wow, what a great loss you had this week!! Keep it up! B)

Hi Team! Hubby and I had another stressful night but we did get more sleep than the previous night so that is good. His pain is better, and he even managed a hot shower and took the dog for a small walk. I was going to work out this morning, but Joe was still feeling confused, so I didn’t want to leave him alone. Hopefully tomorrow I will get back to my workouts. I miss them! I did start the new macro masterclass with Marty Kendall. We have a Zoom meeting at 5 pm so I will do that. Today, we just had to weigh, take our measurements, and start baselining our blood glucose. I went ahead and started tracking my food in Cronometer as well since we officially start that on Monday. I hate tracking so much. I call it my punishment for gaining so much over the last three months. :/
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,432 Member
    Week 2s Group Challenge is now posted and starts tomorrow, Sunday, Jan 9th. It's a creative one, with nutritional goals AND a contest! Hope you'll join me for the This or That Recipe Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10853286/january-week-2-group-challenge-this-or-that-recipe-challenge/p1?new=1
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 538 Member
    Hi everybody.
    The Strawberry/Banana yogurt was yummy last night. I'm having it again tonight. I didn't do anything today. I'm worn out. I will not be participating in the This or That Recipe Challenge. I have enough to keep up with, Goals, 40 Things to Do in 2022, plus Daily Goals. I will look forward to reading all the posts and recipes, maybe I will even find one I like. I started taking down the ornaments on the Christmas Tree, I got very little done. Tomorrow is one of my favorite days of the week, Loaded baked potato. I must venture out to pick up medication that they won't deliver. I will continue to work on the Tree and put the closet on hold for now. I am happy with the progress I did accomplish. But I need to do laundry tomorrow too. Today I struggled with staying on track, I need to give some serious thought to why that is at this time, because nothing jumps out at me. My husband bought me a new Vacuum Cleaner, I like it so far and I did test it out a bit.
    @TeresaW1020 There are 4 Costco's within 25 miles of me, I just happened to be at the busiest one. Well, I don't know if that's true since I have not been to the others recently. There are also 2 Sam's Clubs. I have a membership at each one because they carry different stuff that we like.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,953 Member
    @Cornanda Congratulations on the big drop! I'm a little resistant to journaling too, I hope you find yourself in the mood to do it soon.

@trooworld So glad you're feeling better, enjoy your walk!

@GabiV125 I hope your coughing starts to clear up and you get some energy, then it's on right?!

@tammymccrady6278 So happy you're back on track, sounds like you got a lot done!

@TeresaW1020 You'll have to share the picture of your amaryllis when it blooms! I'm glad your husband was able to take a shower, one more step back to feeling normal. Hope you're able to work out soon!

@FushiaKat Glad you liked the yogurt! A baked potato sounds awesome, yum! I just ran into my insurance no longer delivering prescriptions, I haven't started making nasty calls yet though. All my Christmas stuff is still up and my parents are coming over tomorrow, I guess I should take it down, hm.

Hi gang! Still can't work out but I did make it to Macy's and bought two pairs of workout pants and skincare so I used up my store credit. I took my walker so I could take breaks if I needed to. My upper back is still wonky, I stupidly did laundry and carrying it from the hamper to the washing machine made it worse so taking it from the washer to the dryer ought to be fun, one sock at a time right?! I didn't make it to the plant sale, there were issues checking out so after waiting half an hour I just wanted to go home. I stopped at the farmer's market for lettuce and ten people were in line so I just left. The pants I wanted were out of my size so it was either go up one or down one, medium didn't look too small so I got them, they'll be better after I lose 5lbs. I went to my brother's to teach my SIL to make kombucha and my brother installed the stereo he got me for Christmas, of course I was trying to figure out how to use it the whole way home but I'm excited, it's really cool! Tomorrow is Walmart pickup then my parents are coming by in the afternoon. Have an amazing Sunday!

This discussion has been closed.