Mission Slimpossible Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Well I tracked all of my food again today. This is the second day and it feels pretty good. I plan to go back to the gym tomorrow morning. It takes 21 days to form a habit. Well, 2 days down and 19 more to go. I've been staying on top of keeping the house tidy so that's a plus. It was a good day! Let's go get it! B)
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda The only thing I could think of was the "real" sugar from the Frosted Animal Cookies, plus the fact that cookies are my nemesis. I had a long chat with myself last night, and I have decided to manage having a little bit of "real" sugar in my life. I need to start now, so I can learn what works and what doesn't. It won't be every night, but I can plan for it, and then enjoy that I was still true to the process and what works. And I don't need to feel guilty. I think the guilt feeling was eating at me and making me a bit grumpy. It's the same with Salt for me, I crave it now and them but normally I don't use it. It makes me dizzy, and I have been overindulging in salt as well. So, if my weight is up tomorrow it is the salt and nothing more than that. But my choices need to be conscious decisions that I hold myself accountable for. This was a huge test for me. I think I passed being able to work it out.

I was struggling, I didn't overindulge it just felt like I did. But last night I decided not to eat the cookies, KNOWING that I could eat them another night without guilt. It does not have to be "all or nothing".

It's hard for me, when life got difficult, I ate to feel better. I don't want to do that anymore. Today was day 150 for me on MFP.

My phrase for the year: I got this! Me, myself and I!

Lol I play an online game and we have building contests, today I was #1 out of 125 places! I'm super excited about that. The title of my room was "The Spirit of Christmas!" I have been playing this game for 13 years. I've been building the last 4 years and we have 4 building contests a year, I usually place first just not at the top spot. It is a very desired place to be, and this is only my second time there. My friend said that I was "Queen of the Kingdom"
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Oh the weather has been really nice, high of 70 on Sunday. I bet it gets up to around 70 today, too, but I can't enjoy it (I have to work). I'm glad I'm feeling better, too! Yay for getting back to working out! I'm sorry about the situation with your son. Working on emotional eating sounds like a good idea. Good luck!

@tammymccrady6278 It sounds like you deserve some downtime. Enjoy! I'm sorry you had to cancel your Cuba trip. I don't blame you, it's a scary time to travel. That's great you've been on track with food and exercise!

@FushiaKat Wow, 13 years is impressive!

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Hugs to you my friend as you navigate growing children and learning how to live a new normal. And of course, he loves his mama! Be careful when you start back to strength training. I was off my workouts for almost two weeks and the last two days of strength training have me so sore! Now hubby and I are both hobbling around in pain. :D

Hi Team! Not much going on today. Still watching my hubby like a hawk as he moves around in pain and dizziness. Tomorrow, I have to go to work, and I hate the idea of leaving him to his own devices, but I have to go in and work with our financial secretary and learn how to do the end of year stuff so I can do it next year my own. I will take the dog to daycare, so DH doesn’t have to deal with her nonsense. My eating has been good. The macro challenge has me tracking every bite, which is a pain but I’m doing it! :grin:
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW. 178.8
    CW. 178.8

I'll take it. It was a rough week last week; I will stop eating salt. I did enjoy it for a couple of days. After having that nice long chat with myself I am feeling a lot happier and more in control of my life. It's like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. It's really hard to put into words.
  • askewcr
    Options
    It was a good day today. I tracked food and did some exercise today. I also tutored two of my nieces in math and writing tonight. I'm still getting back to my goals. Let's go get it! B)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Away for a few days and there is so much good news on here! Congratulations on all the losses!!

@TeresaW1020 good for you doing all the tracking and with the weight training! With all the stress that you are under, I don’t know if I could have said no to those church lady casseroles! Yummm!!!!

@trooworld so glad you are feeling better! I was thinking about you this morning when I was listening to our local talk radio station. They were doing a piece about weather changes and migraine headaches, apparently it is not that uncommon!

@Cornanda Even though we know it is part of the process, it doesn’t make it hurt any less. My kids are all in their 30s and at times I still feel the same way. Although I must say having grandchildren helps a lot🥰

The weather has finally turned here🥳. We are sticking right around the 0° mark, after being in the -30s and -40° for the last few weeks we are all outside. Some people are even walking outside in their shorts🤣. This is actually quite typical here, as soon as it gets around zero people put on their shorts LOL!
    I have been getting out with Vannie for lots of walks, also getting to the gym. The new classes that I have started, power barbells and interval training are absolute killer classes. I did the power barbells for the second time today, I had to soak in a hot tub with Epson salts LOL! @TeresaW1020 I am hobbling right along with you and your dear hubby:)!
  • FushiaKat
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    Today was a really good day. I saw the Urologist and I don't have to go back for another year. Feels strange to have my first 2023 appointment set already. I bring my Kindle and read while I'm waiting, I'm enjoying my book (read 1 book a month goal). I found my next recipe to try, it was shared on the This or That Recipe Challenge by @bumpbreakcar I will make it soon. It's the Mushroom Cauliflower "Rice" Skillet Recipe (try 1 new recipe a month goal). The Squash Soup also looked tasty to me. I'm working on my goals and when I'm not working on them, I'm thinking about them.

Both of my knees are currently hurting like you know what, I have them wrapped and doctored up with pain gel. Hopefully they will get better soon. But the ache is so bad I just want to cry about it.

This is my contest room. I added 3780 items to the room.
    i0huwnle1xbq.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,561 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a few days behind so I'm just going to catch up real fast and drop a meme that reminds me of when I did earth energy meditation (spring can't come fast enough, it's not THAT cold compared to other people but too cold for bare feet on grass!) The psychic I went to with my friend saw me doing that and said to let the negative out of the roots and suck up what you need so maybe that will help someone else, who knows. I helped with a charity event last night and today decorating boxes to drop off at businesses to collect Valentine's for seniors in homes, we decorated last night and I dropped off a few boxes today, good thing Dairy Queen wasn't open or I may have talked myself into a Blizzard! I had some gardening to do but couldn't finish it, hopefully tomorrow. I was hoping to overwinter some of my tomatoes but none survived December. That's about it here, still recovering so I'm laying low. Have a great Wednesday! qbr6jp0m6l67.jpg
  • trooworld
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Do they know what is causing the dizziness? That's a good idea to take Maggie to daycare so your hubby doesn't have to deal with her.

@laurelfit57 Me too, thanks! Yeah, if there is a weather change, there is a good chance I will get a migraine! :( Thanks for thinking of me! I couldn't take that cold lol. I can't believe people are out in their shorts! Wow. Sorry about the hobbling.

@FushiaKat Your mushroom cauliflower rice recipe looks good. That contest room of yours looks pretty intricate.

@Katmary71 I like the positive meme. That's a great idea for the seniors. My friend I went for a walk with Sunday puts together a dollar bill, a couple of hearts with sayings on them and drops them on tables at the library. I love this idea and might do it.

Hi all. Some of you may remember that my husband and I bought a Tonal in the beginning of October and I have been unable to use it because it caused me to get exertion migraines. I went to the neurologist about it and am waiting to get MRIs done but in the meantime, I decided to look for a solution/more information. I read on the Cleveland Clinic's site that exertion headaches usually go away on their own after about 3-6 months. I also read that COQ10, magnesium, riboflavin, and feverfew can help with them so I ordered everything but the riboflavin. I'm going to try the Tonal tomorrow on a day when I am working from home just in case I get a migraine, I can be comfortable at home. But it gave me hope.

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Weds
    PW: 232.2
    CW: 231.2
    LTD: 16.8
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    User name: 3duffs
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 192.2
    CW: 192.2
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Katmary71 I’m in awe of all the volunteer work you do. With all of your pain and health issues you still find time to help others.

@tammymccrady6278 sorry you had to cancel your trip to Cuba but it was probably for the best. My sister went on a cruise and tested positive on her way home so can’t leave San Juan for 10 days which doesn’t sound terrible except that they’re in a hotel room with no balcony and they can’t leave their room. No choice of hotels, it’s $400 a day plus food expenses. And if her husband tests positive after their quarantine they have to stay another 10 days. This was a rescheduled pre-Covid trip they had to use or lose.

@FutureTrophyWife Reversing diabetes is a great goal. I hope you’re able to reach it by your next doctors appointment.

@Cornanda I know what you mean about “different” when the kids leave. Our son just moved out and it feels weird without him here, not good or bad just different. I like having my kids home but I’m happy for them as they move forward with their lives.

I’ve decided I need to go back to square one and focus on my sleep again.

I didn’t overindulge though the holidays and have been eating healthy since. I’ve been doing IF a few days per week and this is day 12 of No Added Sugar. My workouts aren’t always spectacular but I’ve been doing them consistently and the scale won’t budge except for up after a bad nights sleep. Very frustrating. I’m hoping sleep will be the key ingredient I need to get things moving in the right direction again

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @Jactop wow that’s horrible for them. I’m glad we canceled.

@Cornanda things do get better and you will find that empty nest feeling eases up. I remember going through that with my boys. As much as I can close my eyes and still see them a babies and it just seems like yesterday for me the letting go and seeing them stand strong on their own two feet and start to make their mark on the world is really rewarding.

@TeresaW1020 I’d be concerned with the dizziness is it all the time or intermittent. Have they said what it is. It’s good you took the pup to daycare. Saves the hubby definitely.

Hi all. So I was a good girl and did all the housework I had planned to do on Monday but didn’t lol yesterday. I’m back to work today and feel well rested. I am tracking daily and feel good with the meal choices I have made lately. Today is my stepdaughter birthday and I will have to be strong cuz I love birthday cake. Lol especially chocolate like she wants. Well hope everyone has a great day.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @FushiaKat - there are 2 conversations as I see, and forgive me if I overstep:

- one about what is going on and what is reasonable to expect when dieting.
    First of all is unreasonable to expect to be perfect in eating, exercising and everything else , so find if you can be happy at 80% and plan on how to stay closer to that. The other 20% are not fails, and if stopped closer to maintenance and then going back to plat at the very next meal, then they are SUCCESSES. Life happens and it should be enjoyed, not feared.
    Secondly, our bodies react to extra salt, sugar, carbs, stress, exercise, lack of sleep, sickness, in many ways , but one that matters here is retaining water. The water will show on scale and will leave independently of our great tries, but water is not fat.
    Thirdly, if you do not have a lot to lose (less than 30-40) the whole process is extra slow. It’s hard to plan on waiting many months, but at that point it’s a very small deficit, to avoid hunger and falling off.
    Fourth point is that successful diet requires a lot of tweaking until you find what works for you, it doesn’t feel like an extra job, is not painful nor frustrating, it’s satiating and shows results.
    At least one of these is applicable to you and could mask a change on the scale.

The solutions for the scale are consistency and patience as results will be evident in 4-6 weeks.
    I do believe you are doing great and you’ll have good results, just give yourself time and grace.

-the second conversation would be to find ways to communicate with your husband and hopefully your therapist can guide you on this.

Congratulations on keeping strong with your plan and do take care!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 that is a beautiful meme! You really do inspire me to get involved with charities again, I am going to have to look into it so when our restrictions are loosened again I will have some thing ready to go! Thank you for that.

@trooworld I really hope that you can work through the exertion migraines, I am excited about your Tonal, I can only imagine how you feel lol! Congrats on the loss!

@Jactop sometimes starting at square one is the way to go, those basics are so important! I can definitely empathize with you on sleeping issues, that has never been a strength of mine!

@tammymccrady6278 it sounds like you are starting off the month in a good and strong way! I would have a hard time resisting chocolate cake as well lol!

@FushiaKat I never expect to lose weight every single week, even if I am right bang on with my tracking and macros sometimes it just does not happen. There was a graph that someone put up on here about weight loss, it really did show that it was jagged up down up down but the general trend was down. Don’t get disheartened, none of us always have a loss every week!

I have decided that on Monday Tuesday, Thursday and Friday I will go to the gym and take classes which will be my heavier workout days. Wednesday is supposed to be a much more relaxed day with the goal of still getting in 10,000 steps.
    With the weather being so nice here I arranged to go for a walk with a friend to spend some time outdoors! My friend is 72 years old and fit as a fiddle! She wears a Fitbit as well and gets in on average 120 to 140,000 steps a week! I average of 80,000 steps a week. She has been sick this last week, so I thought it was good a good time to go for a walk with her when she is not 100% LOL! Well… We went for a walk, as she said it needed to be an easy one, as she wasn’t back to 100% yet. We put on 10,000 steps in two hours!! All that walking and all that fresh air, I am now perched on my couch and I don’t think I will get off for the rest of the night🤣🤣🤣
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Omg what an ordeal
    I wasn’t able to post in the group and it’s been difficult trying to find out why
    But I am back and I’ll start posting again tomorrow
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    I agree with everything that was said and I only have about 34 pounds to lose to reach 145. My therapist's point of view on communicating with my husband is to just survive. My husband can be really, really sweet but he also has a very bad temper and then there is no reasoning with him. So later my husband came back to me today and said, "I'm not worried about it, it just looked odd". We are married for better or worse. It's those times when he's out of control that scare me the worst. There is no reasoning with him beyond saying, your right and I'm sorry. I'm sorry for venting here that is what my therapist is for.
  • askewcr
    Options
    Today was a very good day. I got enough sleep last night and that's a rarity. I normally wake up through the night but didn't last night. My sugar number was good this morning as well as my blood pressure. I even went to the gym and worked out for about an hour. I am in a good head space and it feels great. I'm praying all my days in the future will be like today. Let's go get it!! B)
This discussion has been closed.