Mission Slimpossible Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,914 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda :) Thank you! The breakfast cookies came out well. Yay for doing your journal! And congrats on your goal progress. You know what they say? Progress not perfection. I like the idea of giving yourself one thing to focus on in the month. Pea soup sounds perfect for a cold day.

@murdog3t Congrats on the loss and the progress towards your daily goals!

@Katmary71 Thanks, it was cool! Sorry for all the trouble with the calls and your laptop. I'm glad you had a good time at your brother's.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, exactly! LOL I'm fine as long as I bring my own stuff. I'm glad your back is feeling better. Your poor hubby. :( Awww, Maggie!

@laurelfit57 LOL yeah they are a bit dangerous. We'll see how I do! Thanks, I like homemade hummus so much more than store-bought and it is easy to make so I don't mind. I'm glad you are less sore. You are having crazy weather wow!

@askewcr Cleaning is still exercising!

@19shmoo69 LOL...I couldn't live without the darkness. ;)

Hi all. Well, I didn't make the hummus yet but I did make the breakfast cookies. If they become a problem, I'll ditch them but I think I will be okay with them. Yesterday was really relaxing, I didn't do much else. I read and that's about it.

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW. 178.8
    CW. 178.2
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    Hi Team,
    Ahh yesterday was very stressful, I went to refill a prescription only to find out the copay is $2334.34! So, I freaked out a bit. The short of it is we are asking for a Tier reduction which should take about 72 hours to find out if its approved or not. This is a very important medication for me, not something I want to change to another brand / manufacturer / type. I will see the doctor in the morning who prescribes this for me, and we will chat about it. Plus, if I change, I don't know how that will impact my weight loss. I really wanted to eat comfort food, but I didn't.

Congrats to those who lost, and encouragement for those who need it.

I went to the market today, they were out of hubs ice cream, that freezer cannot get here soon enough for me, I better get the place for it ready on the deck. I'm still working on the tree, little by little. I feel an urgency to get that room organized. I did find some small jars of queso cheese sauce, but they are out of the ground beef we use. The distilled water was back in stock 2 days ago and almost gone again tonight. There was almost no rice left on the shelves and not a sick of celery to be seen.

Those breakfast cookies looked very yummy, but they would be a problem for me. I recently added oranges to my dessert at night. I ran out so I picked up some more tonight.

Sweet dreams. Good night.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    Another great day in the books. Had errands to run and checked all of the off. Woohoo! We take victories wherever we can. :p Even made it back to the gym and stayed about an hour. I had my ear pods on and it was a praise party, just Jesus and me. Tomorrow will be brand new. What will we do with it. Let's go get it! Don't forget to be AWESOME!! B)
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Weds
    PW: 231.2
    CW: 233.4
    LTD: 14.6
  • trooworld
    Options
    @FushiaKat Congrats on the loss! Woot woot! I'm sorry about the prescription mix-up. I hope they can get it worked out. Yeah, the breakfast cookies are yummy but if you have a sweet tooth, you could be in trouble with them. Luckily, I do not have a sweet tooth so much as crave salty things.

@askewcr Yes, we do! Congrats on a good day.

Hi all. I'm disappointed by the gain but not that surprised. I've been putting my energies elsewhere instead of focusing on my health. I am going to plan more healthy meals next week. I planned some healthy things last week but life got in the way and we ended up getting food out a couple of days. I need to start putting my foot down when my husband wants to get food out.

• lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Username: Lose4me71
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    PW: 299.8
    CW: 296.8

Unfortunately, this is due to Covid also the reason why I didn't weigh in last week.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi- Just time for a quick pop in today. I'm not making choices that align with my goals this week. "Found" an open bag of chocolate chips. :( Skipped exercise when husband was at work. ('m much more motivated when he is working here and knows if I did it or not.) Chocolate has been disposed of.

Couple thoughts- after my nice loss at the beginning of the month, I slacked. You know how sometimes you get a nice, easy loss and then you think you can eat more and skip some good habits? That was the beginning of the slack. Now I'm also distracted by a trip I'm taking this weekend- which will also mean less exercise and more food. I really, really thought that next decade down was close at hand, but I'm not taking the steps needed to go after it.

Why girl? Why?

Nevermind. I will do the best I can for the rest of this week. I will do my best not to eat too much on my trip. And when I get home, I will push RESET and get back at it.

I'm glad I am not doing too much damage before catching myself.

Trip- I leave Sat and we are having a surprise birthday party for my Dad. He is turning 80. It's in WI, so I am flying up and will experience some true winter. I'm very excited about it- (the trip, not the weather!) My Mom seems to be developing dementia and they are talking about moving to a senior complex where access to care will be easy when it is needed. It might be a tough year, so I'm glad we are kicking it off with something positive.

I will bring some exercise clothes so I can use the gym at the hotel and also some healthy snacks.

Have a good Wed!

Lisa
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

Still in the land of the living so that's a praise report. (NSV) Today was good. Made it back to the gym so I'm proud of myself. Then I came home and age a salad with ranch dressing. Probably too much dressing but it was good. Nothing to eat after 6:30 so I am proud again. I'm still working on good habits. This accountability group is the best. Thanks to all of you for your support! Have a great one and don't forget to be awesome! Let's go get it! B)
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    @Cornanda I too purged my kitchen of opened bags of cookies. It's not that I have a sweet tooth all that much, but I crave crunchy things no matter what they are. I know the reason for this. I have ringing in both of my ears, and while I'm eating crunchy foods all I hear is the crunch and the ringing is masked. It took me quite a while to figure that one out. My favorite crunchy food is Cheeto's. I have not had Cheeto's in so long.....

Enjoy your trip, I'm sure you'll get back on track when you get back. You're just having a postponement. You're not giving up. Hotels usually have such great gyms.

I saw my doctor today and he showed me where I can print out a preloaded copay card for my medication, but I need to wait for the tier reduction before trying to get a refill. This was such a relief, and he said, if I have any trouble that he will contact another pharmacy he knows of. He's super nice.

I was not very active today and I only walked about 2700 steps. My knees are just killing me today.

I too can easily sabotage myself after dropping a few pounds. I don't eat out, but I eat about 100 more calories a day, closer to my limit. I usually aim for 1050 per day so when I eat closer to 1200 it feels like cheating. Or I might blow my sugar and carb macro's out the window as a splurge. I'm really enjoying eating oranges and a 100-calorie bag of kettle corn popcorn for dessert.

I need to lose just over a pound a week to reach my goal by August. I can't lose sight of that. And I'm trusting that eating low calorie will get me there. I wish I could do more, but I'm pretty maxed out as it is.

P.S. I did not tell my husband how much weight I lost last week, and he didn't ask. And I also have 3 different measuring tapes and they all give me different values, so I just picked one and I'm sticking with that.

• trooworld
    Options
    @lose4me71 I'm sorry about the COVID. I hope you are feeling better.

@Cornanda I'm more likely to work out if my husband is here, too. "Why girl? Why?" That made me lol. You are funny. I hope you meant to be and I'm not laughing at you if you weren't meaning to be funny. You sound like you have a good plan for the trip. Are you going to journal while you are there?

@askewcr Yay for getting to the gym! You sound like you are doing really well. Enjoy your day!

@GabiV125 LOL!!!! Indeed.

@FushiaKat I'm glad you have your doctor's support.

Hi all. Not much going on here. I have to work from home today. I'm glad I'm working from home.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Great job on catching yourself before too much damage was done. I wouldn’t have been able to keep away from an open bag of chocolate chips either! :grin: I hope you have a wonderful trip celebrating your dad’s 80th birthday! And that you get to have enough of a winter experience to enjoy it. Yes, press that reset the moment you get back. <3

@GabiV125 that graphic! :D

@FushiaKat I’m so glad that your doctor was able to give you some peace about your medication. Just remember that eating too low a calorie diet can do harm to your metabolism and make losing even harder. Focus on getting in a lot of good lean protein and that will help you get that pound off a week. But also remember that the body won’t always do what you want or expect. I have had great weeks where I lost nothing and then weeks where I would eat more and the scale would drop. So give yourself grace. :)

Good morning Team! Yesterday was our financial secretary’s last day so that job is all mine now. Yikes!! She did say that she would keep her phone close for when I needed to call. Hubby and I went Tuesday to see his surgeon and he was pleased with how the incision looked and the chest X-ray was good. Blood work showed that he has low sodium again so the doctor increased his sodium pills to three a day. He also took hubby off that med that was making him so lightheaded because we had another passing-out session at 2 am in the bathroom. I was able to jump up out of bed just in time to keep Joe from falling. We also found that what we thought was stage one cancer is actually stage 3. We have our first oncologist appointment on Feb. 2. So much stress! And I’m doing my best to stay on track with my eating. I am tracking what I eat so that helps. I haven’t been working out much and really miss it. OK, I’m off to clean my church. It might snow again tomorrow!!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 132.7
    CW: 134.0

This past week I tried to incorporate some exercising daily and my plantar fasciitis is showing off , so maybe this number is just water weight. Next couple of days will tell.

I’m trying to make peace with my year of maintaining instead of dropping the 15 - not so easy when my line in the sand for reaching goal is next week. I guess I’ll just draw another one 😁.
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @askewcr Congrats on getting back in the gym.

@cornanda I hope you have a great trip.

@trooworld I feel much better now, thank you. It did kick my butt, though. My fiance also had it; but, thank God my son didn't.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 189.4
    CW: 186.6
    Month +/-: -4.9
    Total Loss: 77.8

• trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 You've got this! You were trained for that job and you will be fine, I know it. <3 I'm glad you aren't stress eating. Hugs to you.

@GabiV125 Sorry about the plantar fasciitis. I've had that, it's painful. :(

@lose4me71 I'm so glad you are feeling better and that your son didn't get it, too. It seems like it's everywhere now. :(

@askewcr Yay for the gym!

@davidji82 Congrats on the loss! I think a lot of us put on weight around Christmas, I know I did.

@19shmoo69 LOL!

@TeresaW1020 Nice loss! WTG!

Hi all. I was supposed to have jury duty today but the instructions said to call in the night before so I did and I don't have it today. I do have to continually call every night to see if they need me. It's supposed to be relatively nice weather today (high of high 60sF, sunny) so I'm glad I don't have jury duty. Made a healthy dinner last night: Sheet Pan Hawaiian Chicken. It was good.

This discussion has been closed.