laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 141
    CW. 143
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    @tammymccrady6278 - Yes, we need a pic of Whiskie. What a cute name. What other animals do you have? I was planning to return to in person shopping, but I still find so many things out of stock that for now I prefer on line shopping. I make a short in person run for produce because I like to pick that out myself.

@askewcr - wow, what a great way to look at snow! Your attitude is so uplifting!

@FushiaKat - enjoy that freezer and fingers crossed for your queso!

@Katmary71 - now that it's been a week, the empty house feels more normal and I'm OK. I'm glad you did not lose your post on my video link! When they tell me one of my walmart items is out of stock on my order, I often run into the store when I do my pick up and it just might be there! I think they say it's out of stock before it actually hits zero on the shelves. Your epsom salt project sounds like quite an adventure!

@19shmoo69 - that's hilarious! And nice loss this week. I hate when people tell dumb blond jokes. So, when someone tells me one, I tell this joke: "What's brown and red and laying in a ditch?" A brunette who told too many dumb blond jokes....

@trooworld - I saw another thing about the hair freeze contest and apparently they do it in a hot spring so at least the rest of their body stays warm. Your snacks sound yummy! Here's one I like--- I like egg salad, so I slice up a hard boiled egg, put the slices on cucumber slices with a dot of mayo and a dot of mustard. I've seen other photos of that Van Gogh exhibit and it looks amazing! Glad you got to go.

@laurelfit57 - :( on your weigh in. I guess this is one of those weeks. You are gonna get there!

Rainy and windy this morning, haven't taken my walk yet. Time to go do some house cleaning. I'm gradually getting things back where they need to be around here.

Lisa

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Cornanda Yeah, actual snow is exciting for us here. Hubby and I were just talking about how we need to clean our garage again once the weather warms up. Never a fun job but it is nice to have thing organized. I try to keep a sense of humor as much as I can. Don’t get me wrong, I have my freak out moments where I do let stress take over, but then I start annoying myself so I will snap out of it and accept what is. I think you are like that too. Am I right? :)

@tammymcrady6278 Nice loss today! We have had an explosion of Omicron too. I don’t mind so much if I catch it but I really don’t want to give it to my recovering hubby, so I’m being as careful as I can. We are both boosted so hopefully if it comes we will be able to fight it off quickly. I love Great Danes! You need to post a pic of her for us all to ooh and aww over. :)

@askewcr I know you are excited to see snow as much as I am. We Georgia ladies don’t see it very often do we? Yes, what a blessing to have such a long life. :)

@FushiaKat I agree that the world is going to do what it will do. Covid may or may not go away. We may get a whole new nightmare. That is why we just need to be as safe as we can and hope for the best. That is great that you have a freezer, so you don’t need to shop as often. :)

@Katmary71 I agree that I’m glad that hubby said something about needing my help more with our finances and you are right that it’s better now than later when I had to try to figure it out on my own. What a time you had making the Epson salts! What essential oil do you like best? Have fun with your brother and celebrate his birthday. I love BBQ food! <3

@19shmoo69 Another great loss! And oh that story is so funny! How quick-witted your wife it. I love it! :D

@trooworld I hope the snack suggestions from the dietician work for you. How often do you snack? Have you considered eating more food at your meals and cutting out the snacks or at least limiting them if you do more than one a day? My snacks are coffee and I sure wouldn’t want to give that up. :grin: Yeah, being stuck at home isn’t upsetting me at all. :grin:

Hello Team! It just started snowing about ten minutes ago and it’s sticking to the ground! All I want is a blanket of snow and a video of Maggie Mae playing in it. :grin: Yesterday, I hurt my back while playing with Maggie, which is very annoying. It hurt all night and I couldn’t get comfortable at all, so no workout today. I’m excited to spend the next couple of days stuck at home with some extra time to catch up on my to-do list. And of course, watch the snow falling!!! :)
  • laurelfit57
    Sorry for the book everyone!

@trooworld do you find seeing a dietition helpful? I have a doctors appointment at the end of the month and I’m thinking of seeing her dietitian . I think my whole adult life I have either been trying to lose weight or have been binge eating, I don’t know how to eat normally, I’m thinking a dietitian might help.
    We had that same van Gogh exhibit here last summer. I absolutely loved it!

@Cornanda you make me laugh talking about the weather, especially because I know you come from colder climates! We had a guest come to our city a few years ago from Florida. It was the middle of winter and it was definitely cold. We loaned her winter coats and boots because what she brought definitely wouldn’t do. After one week of wearing the winter garb, she complained about the weight of the winter coat and boots🤣. When my kids were young, we used to go out to my brother and sister-in-law‘s at the farm and rent a hot tub for New Year’s Eve. The kids always got their hair soaking wet, then made different hairstyles and they froze like that! They still talk about that to this day.
    My weight gain this week was a head scratcher, see post below.

@TeresaW1020 congrats on the loss, good for you! When my kids were younger, I was a solo mom. They were all involved in many activities, I was working full-time and at times it all seemed overwhelming. When it would seem overwhelming, I just looked at that day, didn’t think about tomorrow. I used to have it all written down in a day timer and if I looked ahead at everything we were doing, it was too much. I would look at the day and think, it will be busy but we can do it!
    That is funny that you look forward to a winter storm lol! Hope your back feels better!

@tammymccrady6278 it seems like Omicron is everywhere! Do take good care, especially the field you’re working. Your puppy sounds super cute! Pictures please :-) :-)

@FushiaKat wow, you are really plowing through those books. I am not very good at that although I do listen to audiobooks

@bgame4 those healthy habits that you are building, will definitely stand you in good stead. They are definitely sustainable!

@Katmary71 I cannot even imagine doing 20,000 steps a day, good for you that you attempted it! When I was first “friends” with my girlfriend on Fitbit, I tried to keep up with her (I thought, seriously, she’s 10 years older than me I can certainly keep up). I soon realized that if I kept up with her, I had no energy for the rest of my life. My goal now is 70,000 steps a week, walking Vannie three times a day, that is not a stretch. During the week, going to the gym, I usually get a bit above, on the weekends, when I have my grandkids and on Sundays (housework day), I usually end up with a little less. I think we really need to figure out what works for each one of us! Make sure we can do something sustainable.
    Your Epson salt soak class sounds like fun, it would’ve been a good laugh!

@19shmoo69 Love your coffee story🤣🤣

Well… It was a beautiful week here, really enjoyed the weather! I had a weight gain (2 lbs), which I am not sure about 🤷‍♀️. I definitely lost track of my two month goals, I did not get enough water in, I did not stop eating and drinking at seven, I did not hit my macros every day, but did hit my calories five days out of seven and the two days I didn’t I was only over by maybe 200 to 400 cal. Some of you who are more experienced in this than I am may have some answers, but maybe it is just one of those weeks :-). I did an intervals class on Friday for the first time. I was pretty confident going in and pushed myself pretty hard, especially with the squats and lunges. BIG MISTAKE!! I knew I was feeling pretty stiff, just driving home, which is about 20 minutes I could feel the stiffness starting to settle in. I should have stretched out again then, but was busy getting ready for my grandkids arrival. By Friday night I was definitely stiff, by Saturday morning I was dying! I have not been that stiff, since working out with a trainer for the first time when I was in my 30s. Yesterday was more than brutal, when my daughter picked up the kids I forced myself to have a hot soak and use a roller, I wanted to cry. Poor Vannie didn’t even get a walk yesterday. This morning is manageable, I am going to use the roller again this morning (😩), I have to tell myself it hurts so good🤣. Then Vannie and I are going to go out for a nice walk before I start on the house work. I couldn’t even put the dishes away in the dishwasher yesterday because reaching down was killing my legs and my back muscles. I am wondering if that has something to do with the weight gain, first the work out that I haven’t recovered from and then barely moving yesterday. I will hop on the scale tomorrow morning to see what it says. Note to self, you are in your 60s, not in your 30s🤣
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    7nK2.gif

Congrats on completing yet another week with Fat2Fit! You can see all of this past week's results at the link below:

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...

fc0y225l5al9.png
  • gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    edited January 2022
    Check-in

Username: @gem_t_86
    Weigh In Day: Sunday - 16/1/22
    PW (Previous Weight): 13 stone 1lb
    CW (Current Weight): 13 stone 1lb

Hi everyone, sorry I've been away for so long and missed one weigh-in. I got the dreaded covid and it was horrible, so I'm only just starting to get back to things.

Hope everyone else is doing OK and @TeresaW1020 I really, really hope that all the cancer was removed from your hubby's operation and that he's not in too much pain. Sending loads of good wishes in your direction xx
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    @Cornanda

A brunette walks into a bar.

OUCH!!!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Nice relaxing day today. The snow did come but didn't stick. Watching it by the window was so beautiful. Even found a red cardinal eating at the birdfeeder. I didn't do too badly eating today even though it seemed like the day dictated "eat snacks" all day. I did not listen. Hoping and praying the roads aren't too dangerous as there is a fear of black ice. I plan to go back to the gym tomorrow but we will see. Let's go get it! B)
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Praying for you and your husband!

@Katmary71 I have attempted to add an image of the social-emotional stuff. Hope it works!

@19shmoo69 Love the coffee story and joke!

@askewcr Thanks for the encouragement!

Our roads have been treated and cleared of snow, so we were pretty much back to business as usual. We had our annual church meeting and potluck - first one in months. Of course, I ate more than I needed, but it was all delicious and hard to resist (especially when there are six different kinds of pie - I think every lady in the church brought one.)
    I actually exercised yesterday morning (someone had shared a You Tube link a few days ago), and it was fun and felt good at the time. Today, I ache all over, and I attribute it to exercising since I have a pattern of doing very little physical activity, then trying to do it all at once. It would probably help if I stretch afterward...

yqi26nwst8t9.png
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 765 Member
    Weekly weigh in :)
    Fatfifties (lis)
    Weigh in day monday

Current weight 229.2lb
    Previous weight 233 lb
    Loss 3.8 lb

Yippeee
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 765 Member
    Ps i weighed in late last week as i was ill (thus the great weight loss!), the spreadsheet shows nt weight as 234 last week. It was 233. Don't mind if you just add the extra pound this week :)
  • 3duffs
    3duffs Posts: 7 Member
    User name: 3duffs
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 189.8
    CW: 189.2
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    @3duffs @bgame4 @laurelfit57 congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@Cornanda Oh that's good. I couldn't imagine your whole body including your head being freezing! I wish I liked eggs, your snack sounds really balanced and healthy. Alas, I think eggs are the devil's work lol. Yeah, the Van Gogh exhibit was really cool. Enjoy the house cleaning!

@TeresaW1020 I am more inclined to snack while at the job site (Mon-Wed) and then I snack at about 10:00-10:30ish. Sometimes when I'm working from home, I'll snack but it's usually only a problem while at the job site since there is the cafe and vending machines to get into. I haven't considered cutting them out since it is only once a day. Yeah, I couldn't give up coffee either lol. I hope you enjoy the snow!

@laurelfit57 Eh, it is somewhat helpful but I find the problem with my weight loss journey is mostly my mindset. I think the dietician is good for straightening out any issues with eating less healthy foods but I already eat pretty healthily most of the time. But I did get some good ideas for breakfasts and snacks from her. You might benefit from seeing one. I'm glad you got to see the Van Gogh exhibit too! I'm glad you are enjoying the nice weather. I think you just had one of those weeks, it's unusual to lose every week so maybe just chalk this up to your week to gain? Oh gosh, I hope the muscles are feeling better by now. I've heard that increased activity can cause a gain.

@gem_t_86 Sorry about the COVID and feeling awful. I hope you are feeling better now.

@askewcr Way to stay strong!

@bgame4 I love the Leadership/Social-Emotional List. Thanks for sharing. Sorry about the achiness...Epsom salts bath might help.

@fatfifties @3duffs Congrats on the losses!

Hi all. I have the day off today for MLK Day and I plan on taking advantage of it to get prepped for the week. I did cut up peppers yesterday but I need to make some roasted red pepper hummus to dip the peppers in. I'm also making some breakfast cookies because who doesn't want to eat cookies for breakfast? LOL: https://leitesculinaria.com/375322/recipes-superfood-breakfast-cookies.html

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    @TeresaW1020 --- I would like to think I am like that..... but I do think you are better at it than I am. Did you get your video of Maggie Mae in the snow? Hoping your back feels better quickly!

@laurelfit57 - I don't know if I've said this already, but since I live in North FL, we get an occasional freeze. When it gets very cold here, the Floridians will say that it feels colder here than it does up north because we have a "damp cold". That still makes me laugh. Who knew you could rent a hot tub?! That sounds like a blast! I hope your muscles are feeling better and that you will like your weigh in next week.

@3duffs @bgame4 @laurelfit57- Congrats on the leader board!

@gem_t_86 - Wishing you a speedy recovery. Be patient with yourself if it takes longer than you think it should.

@19shmoo69 - I actually LOLed at your post! Thanks for the smile!

@askewcr - watching the snow out the window seems to be the way to go. Hope the roads were safe today.

@fatfifties- Nice loss!

@trooworld- eggs are the devil's work- ha! Hope your hummus turned out good and you enjoyed your day off. cookies for breakfast sounds good!

Well, I did my journal! Hooray! I found that I set some pretty large goals for myself in 2021, and I made progress on all of them, but did not complete any of them. So, I will continue to work on those this year. I made some notes, and I'm going to try to pull the journal out more frequently so that I keep what I want to do at the front of my mind. I tend to use it mostly when I'm struggling. I will have to set a reminder for myself. And I'm going to give myself a specific task to focus on each month.

I did not do any strength training last week. Will have to plan some for this week so it happens. I've still been measuring my cardio with the same step workout. It's gotten easier, but I'm not back to where I was before Christmas. I think I will stick with the basic level workout this week.

It's very windy here today which makes the 50 degree temp feel cold. I have a crockpot of pea soup cooking for supper. I love soup!

Lisa
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    @broncobuddee
    Username: murdog3t
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    Staring weight :160
    PW 12/31: 155
    CW 1/14: 153.6

Daily goals :
    Date: 1/14
    Log food: ✅
    7500 steps: ❌
    45min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk: ✅
    20 g carbs : ✅

Date: 1/15

Date: 1/16
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    @19shmoo69 Good comeback from your wife!

@trooworld That exhibit looks amazing, a friend of mine went to it in San Francisco and raved about it, looks really cool! Love the meme too!

@Cornanda Glad things are getting back on track! And you journaled, woohoo! I don't know why because once I start I enjoy it but just picking it and a pen and doing it is a pain for me to do.

@TeresaW1020 I'm sorry to hear about your back, being at home relaxing for a few days ought to help you bounce back. Enjoy the snow!

@laurelfit57 I definitely agree about finding what works for each of us plus you do a lot of gym workouts which don't always translate on a tracker. The step treadmill was the absolute worst with that, it didn't track steps on there well at all. Are you talking about using a foam roller? I posted on here once that Hurts So Good is my rolling song, that's perfect for it! I hope you feel better!

@3duffs @bgame4 @laurelfit57 Congratulations!

@gem_t_86 I hope you fully recover fast!

@askewcr Sounds like a beautiful day and you did great not snacking!

@bgame4 That's a great list, I love it!

@murdog3t Great job hitting those goals!

Hi everyone. I had all these calls to make but even non-government places I needed to schedule appointments aren't answering so I have to postpone everything, how dare they take a break! I have a call into The Geek Squad to see if they could fix my laptop, if not I'm going to file a claim to get partial reimbursement. The pin that the screen needs is apparently hard to get now, I've been trying for two months and got the runaround while it was in the shop with the last place. I spent some time in the yard cleaning off succulent leaves damaged from the cold, yesterday I did herbs so I'm almost done with cleanup. The BBQ place was fun, of course I ate way too much but we only go there on my brother's birthday so it's not a common thing. Have a great Monday gang!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @laurelfit57 It is a fact that if you change up to or increase your workouts your body can hold onto quite a bit of water. And if you are doing squats and lunges you are working the biggest muscles in your body so not only, are you going to be sore, but weight gain is totally normal. Drink extra water and it will come off. I did a hard workout today and I’m positive that I will be sore tomorrow too. ;)

@trooworld I am the same way with my snacking. If I’m at work and there is stuff that I can get into then I will. There is always stuff lying around so it’s hard, but it does help if I give myself a stern talking to before going to work. And if I have enough “approved” foods to eat while I’m there. Those breakfast cookies look yummy! I could never make those because I would eat them too quickly. Carbs are such an addiction for me. :s

@Cornanda Maggie Mae didn’t like the snow. She liked watching it so one picture was all I was able to get out of her. :grin: I did my journal today too and once I got started I avalanched for a good long time. I’m the same and tend to journal when struggling. If we don’t write the good stuff, then we will just look like big whiny babies when we look back years from now at what we wrote. :D

@Katmary71 What a pain to have to deal with boring phone calls and I sure hope you can get your laptop fixed. You have been waiting for so long. I’m glad that you had a good time with your brother’s birthday and got to eat some yummy BBQ. :)

Hi Team! Woke up with my back feeling much better so I did a workout this morning. I so need my workouts because they do wonders for my stress. Hubby had a hard morning with his dizziness and we have been tracking his BP and it’s always wayyy too low in the mornings and especially when he stands up. We go to see his surgeon tomorrow and will talk to him about that and see what our next steps are with his cancer. I just want it gone and for us to resume something that feels normal. :/ We did have snow yesterday and it was sooo pretty! It stuck to the ground but was mostly gone by morning. Maggie didn’t like walking in it but she loved watching it from the window.

korbt1s0y3gr.jpg

• laurelfit57
    @trooworld I won hundred percent could not have those cookies in my house, I would eat the whole batch! I am always so impressed with people who have self control :-). You make your own hummus, that is super impressive!

@Cornanda I always find when I have been away from working out, it definitely takes thought to get back at it. I am with you, I love making soup in the crockpot, I have a ton of it in my deep freeze :-) :-).

@Katmary71 yes, I was talking about my foam roller, the older I get the more I use it😂. I think I will have to copy you with the Hurts So Good song, maybe it will keep me on the roller longer:).
    I think I would be in trouble if they had a barbeque place here :-)!

@TeresaW1020 so glad your back is feeling better! Sorry that your hubby is having a hard time right now, I know that also adds stress on you. I’ll bet you can’t wait to get back to “regular” life. Your little Maggiemae is just too cute for words🥰

Today was definitely a better day, my quads and hamstrings are still stiff, nothing like they were before though! They were sure complaining by the end of spin class today.
    Our weather continues to be the craziest!! It started raining last night in the middle of the night and continued on through most of the day. The temperature remained just above zero, so as long as people are wearing the spikes on their boots, it is possible to get out for walks. At about 4 o’clock we had a break in the weather so I got Vannie out for a walk. We got about 30 minutes from the house and it started to rain again, picked up our pace and by the time we were within about 10 blocks of the house it was pouring, within a block of the house it was snow mixed with rain and the wind was blowing so hard we couldn’t hardly see. We were both soaking wet by the time we got home. It is now a full on winter blizzard out there and they are expecting the temperature to drop to -18° tomorrow! I don’t think I am even going to attempt to go out of the house tomorrow, on our way home we were actually going through huge puddles, I can’t even imagine what it will be like out there tomorrow!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Still just chilled at home today. It was COLD! I decided to stay in and do some cleaning. I spoke with my stepmom who has had COVID for two weeks. She got tested again and still was positive. She is bombed out about that so I tried to encourage her. She feels much better so I told her she had to be on the mend. Even the doctor told her it would just take a few more days. Bless her heart! Well tomorrow is a brand new day with brand new possibilities. Let's go get it! B)
This discussion has been closed.