WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• lonestarbabe
    lonestarbabe Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    While it's a step challenge, your daily steps from your tracker AND your minutes of intentional exercise will all count.

I have a question about the reporting. I have been walking on the treadmill but not reporting that since I have my tracker on while I walk. I've only been reporting my total steps. Should I have been reporting my total steps AND my time on the treadmill?
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 5,975
    Mon 8455
    45 min strength
    Tues 5,554
    Wed 9,846
    Thurs 8,105
    30 min elliptical
    Fri 7,673
    Sat 4,970

Thats right. I didn't reach my step goal AT ALL. 0/7🙄 Probably my worst week 2021. Igo back to work on Thursday, but I just have 2 days of in-services. I am going to have to work to get my steps this week. I am going to work hard to get my 10,000 each day this week.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    While it's a step challenge, your daily steps from your tracker AND your minutes of intentional exercise will all count.

I have a question about the reporting. I have been walking on the treadmill but not reporting that since I have my tracker on while I walk. I've only been reporting my total steps. Should I have been reporting my total steps AND my time on the treadmill?

No - the steps alone tell the tale. If you run, however, there is a "supplement" that can be added, so you could report how many minutes of your time is running and around what speed. I do that with my snowshoeing - the steps count, but then there is an add-on for how much harder those steps are!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to look at the chart of step conversions, it is at
    https://www.arhs-nc.org/live-healthy/data/StepConversionChart.pdf

It is not perfect, but I think @ashleycarole86 has worked out a great system. I always used to feel left out of the step team thing (before we started using this tool) because I could never reach the kind of steps that some people do (they are amazing!), even though I was getting a lot of good exercise. This seems to be a simple way to get more people involved in the team and to encourage adding minutes of just about any kind of exercise. We usually don't count housework or other normal daily tasks, but there are a lot of ways to do things that count. Go for it!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

I would do one or the other. I'm generally only recording "other activities" that don't track on my step counter. But, if you were to take your tracker off on the treadmill, then you'd for sure want to report that as its own item.

Having said that, you mentioned you were walking on the treadmill, so this likely doesn't apply, but just an FYI that running does earn more step credit than walking, so if you (or anyone else) runs then I'd ask you to report how many minutes you ran and at what speed so I can add that supplement for you.

There is some grey area. For example, I tend to not report activities like hiking and shoveling separately and just use them as part of my step count, but you absolutely can and should if you feel like keeping this level of detail. You will see lots of reporting on things like strength, yoga, Pilates, biking, etc. because of course these aren't registered as steps on your tracker.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

• Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86
    Please add me to the step challenge for January.
    My goal for January will be 8000 steps per day. So do I understand correctly that today is Day One?
    Thanks 😊
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @kellie_erin If you report your minutes doing interval training at your gym, that would be great!

@Waifer003 That's correct - today is day 1 so by next Sunday I'll be looking for your stats from Jan 2-8
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 stepsgvtljerjydc3.jpeg

Monday and Wednesday 15 minutes Pilates
    Friday 15 minutes aerobics/dancing
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif?cid=790b7611836acb3a19a26b4948d680afd0aeba0ca6e6eccf&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s

Congrats on completing yet another month with Fat2Fit! You can see the results of Week Four and the month of December by clicking the links below...

Here's a sneak peek into how your team did...

Week Four-
    3nxg0kbjkt3o.png

December -
    zmdw2wj5kig6.png
This discussion has been closed.