Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Options

Replies

• trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It has been awhile but I have found my way back to this app, let's hope the 5th or 6th time is the charm.

Given how hi gas prices are i need to find someway to save money might as well be Food. Lol

Good Luck Walker!
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Snacky day. Didn’t drink my water first. Amazing how you are ‘hungry’ if your water intake is not what it should be! 🤔 Must get serious again for the last 8 (was 7.5) lbs! You get the point.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    I still don't have a lot to report. I'm doing the things, hormones are doing their things too.
    Very cross about it but it is what it is. :joy: Just have to wait.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Are you all still here? It’s a beauty of I sunny morning. Heading out to golf shortly! Been a snacky couple of weeks so I must stop that and get dialed in for the last 10 lbs plus or minus, to my goal of 150. Yeah was down to 7.5 but damn nuts lol. Anyway I’m feeling good. Don’t want to be so tied to the scale results but if I’m not I’m afraid it’s easy to slip. I definitely need it for accountability. Is there a June challenge posted ??
  • baconslave
    Options
    Are you all still here? It’s a beauty of I sunny morning. Heading out to golf shortly! Been a snacky couple of weeks so I must stop that and get dialed in for the last 10 lbs plus or minus, to my goal of 150. Yeah was down to 7.5 but damn nuts lol. Anyway I’m feeling good. Don’t want to be so tied to the scale results but if I’m not I’m afraid it’s easy to slip. I definitely need it for accountability. Is there a June challenge posted ??

I am but my scale is so dang mean!
    It has dropped some of my hormonal water weight but not all of it. :unamused:
    I'm doing my things.

The challenges have been the domain of members since before I took up the main modding so I've been letting Stormy do their thing for awhile, but I haven't seen any posts so I'll go ahead and make one and post the link in their old thread.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    It’s been a few days yikes it’s quiet here. I’ve been just slightly of track. Not bad. But not dialed in either. It show in my posts
    ( there are less of them) I’m wondering how everyone else is doing? Like me or just busy and still kicking butt! On that note. One observation about my own ‘behaviour’ I have to make water a priority. As soon as that isn’t the number one goal I’m finding a want to snack. So my goal today is to drink 4 of my yetis which is 80oz. And stick to my commitment of no snacks today. OMAD. I CAN DO IT! It’s a stormy day so I’ll busy myself hopefully with housework lol. Or Netflix 😉. Nope can’t do that. Too much to do. Ok have a great day!
  • baconslave
    Options
    yeah I'm here but the scale has been it's usual nonsensical self. I'm stuck bouncing between 169 and 171. It's rough for me right now since I'm having camping trips about every 2 weeks and by the time I get off the water weight there's another. I think I may just do keto on non-camping days and then just try to maintain until things settle down. Which is fine since I did lose 15lb of the Covid Chonk. I'm still working out and being active and trying to keep myself reasonable even if the available food choices aren't the best. But if some weight slips off I'm not going to complain :joy:
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    yeah I'm here but the scale has been it's usual nonsensical self. I'm stuck bouncing between 169 and 171. It's rough for me right now since I'm having camping trips about every 2 weeks and by the time I get off the water weight there's another. I think I may just do keto on non-camping days and then just try to maintain until things settle down. Which is fine since I did lose 15lb of the Covid Chonk. I'm still working out and being active and trying to keep myself reasonable even if the available food choices aren't the best. But if some weight slips off I'm not going to complain :joy:

Well it is supposed to be our ‘lifestyle’ isn’t it? So yeah gotta live! You’re doing great and I for one appreciate you!
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Officially out of ketosis. Had some tests yesterday and ‘trace’ ketones on my lab results. Also tested my blood at home last night and result was .4 mmol/L which is not in nutritional ketosis. This is solely from snacking on nuts. I need them out of the house. Lol. Anyway I’m just enjoying my morning coffee. Then I’ll drink my first 3 cups of water ( I have my vitamins and collagen with this ) and get about my day. I have a ton to do so should be able to stay the course by keeping busy. Worst case Maybe I can lock myself out of the pantry! Lol. Have a great day.
  • G0ldengirl68
    G0ldengirl68 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Checkin in and so glad to see late activity in here!! Woohoo!! I've been on Keto 17 months, lost 23 lbs, been doing weight resistance bands and a ball for squats. Also a regular 2 mile walk. Just rejoined the gym today because I need more weight, and more of a social "in person" place. Retired lady, 69 last December. I'm at 117 as of today, had got down to a good and healthy 115 but I think it may be more muscle gain than fat. Just in case I've switched my macros here to 70% Fats, 25% Protein and 5% carbs. I don't eat any simple carbs. That's subject to change according to how things go.

I wasn't logging anymore here so I am not sure how I've been doing to the number, but, I have stalled, and now doing more muscle resistance and hope to build a bit. I am 5'2" and 117, small boned and a bit skinny looking so, some sagging "parts", etc. ;)

I'm also a T2 Diabetic, no meds, diagnosed Jan. 2021. I hit the ground running with Keto and it's saved me from the meds, and my HbA1c's have all "now" been in safe ranges. Many other improvements.

More later, love seeing you gals here, Denise
    PS I'm making my diary Public today as well.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Checkin in and so glad to see late activity in here!! Woohoo!! I've been on Keto 17 months, lost 23 lbs, been doing weight resistance bands and a ball for squats. Also a regular 2 mile walk. Just rejoined the gym today because I need more weight, and more of a social "in person" place. Retired lady, 69 last December. I'm at 117 as of today, had got down to a good and healthy 115 but I think it may be more muscle gain than fat. Just in case I've switched my macros here to 70% Fats, 25% Protein and 5% carbs. I don't eat any simple carbs. That's subject to change according to how things go.

I wasn't logging anymore here so I am not sure how I've been doing to the number, but, I have stalled, and now doing more muscle resistance and hope to build a bit. I am 5'2" and 117, small boned and a bit skinny looking so, some sagging "parts", etc. ;)

I'm also a T2 Diabetic, no meds, diagnosed Jan. 2021. I hit the ground running with Keto and it's saved me from the meds, and my HbA1c's have all "now" been in safe ranges. Many other improvements.

More later, love seeing you gals here, Denise
    PS I'm making my diary Public today as well.

Nice job on avoiding meds and building strength. So valuable as we try to age gracefully and retain our health.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Scale is just bouncy even though I'm KCKO. It is The Way.
    Supposed to camp tonight but it just keeps raining so we may wait until tomorrow even though that means we lose a night of vacay and money. Loading and then setting up a camper in the rain is miserable.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Good Morning. Rainy day. The hubs went to the golf course anyway but I’m under a blanket with my coffee. Still doing the snacky thing more than I’d like I want to get back to OMAD I was going so well and never felt hungry. Hubs says he is going away next week for work I may try a fast for a kick start restart. What I need to do that I was doing before but not now that was working. Drink my water first ( well after coffee haha) 3 of my yetis (20oz) in the morning before noon, 2pm at the latest. Then and only then eat if I’m hungry. I won’t be lol but if I am it’s can’t be a snack but a proper lunch, like omelette or something delicious and nutritious, that I sit at the table and eat on a plate with a place mat etc. I believe these details matter. Otherwise eat dinner with the boys as usual this isn’t the problem. This I pledge. Happy Saturday.
  • baconslave
    Options
    back from camping. I wasn't good but I did make sure I got over 10k steps in every day at least. Back to biz and will be until the next trip around Independence Day. It's so warm here. A little too warm sometimes for outdoor workouts but I'm trying to do a little inside and a little outside so I can get my sunlight still. I did not sleep well on the trip thanks to the Whippoorwills. They were rowdy every night. So noisy. I'm still tired today even though I slept pretty decent for me last night.

Anyway, onward.
  • walker1world
    walker1world Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    trekkie123 wrote: »
    It has been awhile but I have found my way back to this app, let's hope the 5th or 6th time is the charm.

Given how hi gas prices are i need to find someway to save money might as well be Food. Lol

Good Luck Walker!

Thank you.
  • baconslave
    Options
    I'm here. 168.6 today. Not a bad place to maintain even though I want my vanity pounds gone. Just focusing on fitness, keto, and dealing with my crazy life for right now.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Been off track. Duh! I haven’t been here so you know no that already. What have you done to refocus? Besides stating that you will? Looking for accountability that I seem to have lost. Hopefully a blip. I’m up to 165 so my goal is 15 away! Again!
  • baconslave
    Options
    yeah I just hit the ground running right back on the path. But also try to troubleshoot or minimize the impact or extent of the time: what caused me to fall off? How can I not do as badly next time?

I'm here just busy and stressed out. These people are killing me :unamused:
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's good to see people still talking here. I need to weigh in, but keep forgetting in the mornings, so I set my alarm to do it tomorrow morning. Now that travel seems to be open after all of the staying home during COVID restrictions, my life has gotten a bit crazy. (my husband travels a lot for work and I go with him when I can)
    My healthy eating has been hit or miss and I have been maintaining my weight. This would be a good thing if I was happy with it to start!

I have been dealing with horrible plantar fasciitis which my podiatrist says is a result of decades of wearing heels. It's so painful, and I've been hobbling so much that my family is starting to make fun of me. (lovingly) I've been trying to get it under control, but we are pretty active and it flares up constantly after hiking, etc. I've been trying it all. Exercises, cortisone shots, new shoes, icing, taping, you name it. I found some different exercises yesterday and they actually seemed to make a difference today, so I'm hoping a couple of weeks of them will help. I also read that a completely anti-inflammatory diet and especially no sugar would help tremendously. No sugar is hard for me, but something I should be doing anyways, so if they pain motivates me to do what I should already be doing, I guess that's a good thing.
  • Lori7560
    Lori7560 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi new to this group and new to Keto. Day 4 and finding that I eat too much protein and too much fat. I am 60, 5.4 and 221. Covid added 25lbs and I am at the heaviest weight I have ever been. Job changes to full time WFH and really feel the lack of movement has been a terrible change. Took for granted those steps between conference rooms and walking down a long hallway to restroom. And I always did park the car farthest away from employee entrance. Those little things kept my muscles & joints moving. Now they feel like glue.

Looking for support group to connect with through this life style change to Keto!