Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Options

Replies

• BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    @cjsunnyside

Happ y Sunday ☀️

I made the brownies. Here’s the link to the recipe https://thecastawaykitchen.com/flourless-avocado-brownies-paleo-keto-low-carb-grain-free/#tasty-recipes-4678-jump-target

I accidentally put 3 eggs instead of 2. It was tasty!😋

2 Eggs would have been better for the texture. I didn’t have the gelatin, but will have on hand the next time I make them. I used protein powder as a substitute

Hope you like it and it’s still low carb if you eat the whole thing in a ketogenic diet ☺️
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Wow. Another good keto day. As much as I dread a heat wave, it really helps keep my appetite in check.😎
    Step count is a little low, but not too bad.
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Monday checkin. On the road on they way back from our long weekend trip to the family cottage, my moms house to surprise her with a new perennial garden. Plus a few other ‘cleanup’ projects. She has been away all winter and I’ll drive her final leg home on Wednesday, from my brothers where she has been Helping run her grand girls around for the last month. That said I have been on plan, just away from my scale since Thursday morning! I’ll surely let you know how that has worked out tomorrow morning!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm finally back down to 169.2. Who knows what in the world is going to happen now. Still not my lowest low this go around. I'm coming up on a camping trip this weekend. And while I'm not going to sweat my diet, my goal is to not eat when I'm not hungry and to get to relax and read and enjoy myself for a change but also def get steps in everyday too. So I'll probably have carb weight to lose but hopefully I will maintain at least when the dust settles.
  • FrecklePatch
    FrecklePatch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I’ve returned after multiple failed attempts spanning about a decade.

I work a physical job now and the extra weight hurts. Pretty badly. I have about 65 pounds to lose. I’m on Day 5.

I’d like some friends! I would like encouragement and idea swaps.

Thanks for listening.
    Lori
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Hello!

I work a physical job now and the extra weight hurts. Pretty badly. I have about 65 pounds to lose. I’m on Day 5.

Thanks for listening.
    Lori

Welcome. This is a great group. You can do it !
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Tuesday Omad. Too busy to think about eating. On the road again tomorrow so I’ll be away from my scale for a few days. I’ll check in
  • baconslave
    Options
    Hello!

Thanks for listening.
    Lori

You're back !
    16091a738bcba67952ba07c89001badd.gif

• baconslave
    Options
    My scale is so bonkers. Who knows what it will do tomorrow. Thanks, perimenopause. :unamused:
    Just focusing on being perfect until the trip and getting lower carb snacks for when I get munchy while we are gone so the damage won't be as severe. Meanwhile, super excited about getting the heck out of this house!
  • FrecklePatch
    Options
    Thanks!!
    So I’m starting at 225 approximately. My goal is around 175.
    Baconslave, I’m also peri menopausal. It’s no fun. I’ve been going through it now for years. My midsection is fluffier than ever. Haha.

Today is day 6! I haven’t weighed myself in a couple of days, I don’t want to get super obsessed, as that didn’t work well for me, prior. Maybe I’ll take measurements!

It was a good day. I’m sore, but I made work into a workout. I’m working at ALDI and I get paid to workout lol. So I’m focusing on making throwing produce a weight lifting activity by repetition. Cases of carrots and cantaloupes are great weights. 😂

This feels good and feels right.

Lori
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Hello all! 12 or so hours on the road! Bad eating day but I made the choose to eat Spitz all day while I drove I haven’t tested my blood but I should I’m curious now that I’m thinking about it.tracked it all for accountability Proper supper and back on track tomorrow. Have a good night!
  • baconslave
    Options
    167.8 newest low since the Covid Chub. I'm .8lb from my weight before covid. And I want to lose a couple pounds more as a buffer. Ain't doing that this weekend though...
    Anywho. Doing the things! KCKO
  • FrecklePatch
    Options
    Hey all!
    Today was a great day! I didn’t eat as much as I probably should given the physical work I did, but I ate.

Did I tell you guys I work at ALDI? Some of their keto products are sooooo good!! The hamburger buns are mind blowing. I also got myself some coconut clusters and YUUMMMM!!! You guys should try them.

Anyway Hi!
    Ttyl.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Checking in! @baconslave congrats!
    @FrecklePatch welcome!
    Great day here too at the cottage. Omad today. Tacoless salad tonight. Busy helping mom de-clutter. Have a head cold as well not feeling too bad just annoying. Sun was out today, I didn’t make my mom cry (not a hoarders tv show calibre situation here but some work to do). No scale but I’ll be home Sunday to weigh in.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Hey all!
    Today was a great day! I didn’t eat as much as I probably should given the physical work I did, but I ate.

Did I tell you guys I work at ALDI? Some of their keto products are sooooo good!! The hamburger buns are mind blowing. I also got myself some coconut clusters and YUUMMMM!!! You guys should try them.

Anyway Hi!
    Ttyl.

I'll have to stop by Aldi sometime. It's a 35 min drive to the nearest one so I don't usually make it out but I'm hungry and that's sounding pretty good. :joy:

Glad you had such a great day.

As for me, about to load up all the stuff for camping. And the kids will piss me off most likely with their messing around. Cross your fingers for me for a good trip.

I was hoping the scale would reward me more. But it acted the *kitten* it usually is and went back up. This is The Way. :unamused: Have a great weekend, y'all.
  • ageage22
    ageage22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone
    I start from telling you that I was part of this group years ago. I was pretty successful… then life happens, Covid…
    I lost over 40 lb last time, without any problems, then I fallen down this wagon and get like half of this back. Part of it is that I was diagnosed with RA, And started with Humira. That didn’t help either…
    Once I learn about this diagnosis, I decided to go back to school and do my masters, so I can go away from the bedside ( I’m a registered nurse). My weight got up and down. Last summer I was trying keto again, but it just didn’t work for me… - no scratch that: I didn’t work with the rules. Anyway I quit. Now this January I got Covid, and it was really really bad… I spend home 8 weeks, and still even now feel like a sht…
    Anyway, 3 days ago I decided I’m back.
    I think I’m doing good this time, so far the scale is going down, I’m drinking 1 gallon of H2O per day, use kitchen scale to assure portions sizes.
    Have 6 more weeks of my double master program, a lot of stress with that, then work and adding to it family… it’s not easy ( but then, when it is easy?)
    I’m 47, have ideally 40 lb to lose. My younger son is going to college this August… first year- freshman… He decided on college about 700 miles away from home. So that’s another stressor.
    But I’m committed now.
    I use MFP to log in my call and macros. I’m trying to keep the intermittent fasting 16/8. But this not always works since I work 12 hours day shift, an I often go out with my hobby for dinner after work. I also have a problem to actually stay in my call requirements. I’m mostly bellow it, since I’m not hungry, and there is only this 8 hours eating window… how much you can eat… I know, I’m getting there…
    What about exercise?
    I do yoga since beginning of this year, after my Covid, but after I transition myself well into this life style again, I think I will start weights…
    I think it will help.

Hope to hear more from your journeys.
    A.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I never learn with my carb addiction, but the offending food is gone now, so hoping for a good tomorrow.
    From past experience with carbs, I do best at 20-25. Except for my off days I've been hovering around 50. Being so insulin resistant, that's really not good enough for me to reap the health and weight loss that I want. Still, it's my current starting point and way better than what the past few years have looked like.
    My average steps per day has increased by 250. I'd hoped for 500 per day this month, but given my current health status I'm happy. That is for every day this month!
    I am committed to regaining all the health benefits and little by little I'm getting back in the swing of things.
    Sticking with it til the tide turns my way is such a mental and physical challenge, but I did it before, and I know it will happen again.

• cjsunnyside
    Options
    Saturday check in. Nothing to report haha
    Until tomorrow.
  • FrecklePatch
    Options
    It’s Saturday. I’m on Day 5 of a six day work week. So I’m dragging a&&.
    I’ve been waking up with a headache, I’m assuming it’s the physical job and electrolyte imbalance. I recall before I had to consume a ridiculous amount of sodium to keep that imbalance under control. The thing is, when I wake with a headache, and chug salt water, it makes me sick to my stomach. Meh, oh poor me. 🤣

I can’t remember what day I’m on anymore. It’s not that important. I’m getting into the swing of it, is what matters.

I think I’m developing arthritis in my hips, it’s a family affair. The weight loss should ease some of that, fingers crossed.

Anywho, happy day my friends!

Lori
  • FrecklePatch
    Options
    Okay listen to what I did.

I work at 2. Instead of just lounging, we did some yard saling. However you’d spell that hillbilly version. Anyway. There was this adorable little girl selling lemonade.

Guess who bought a cup and immediately chugged it, not even THINKING about the sugar that was surely a large component.

SMH. I’m just gonna pretend it never happened.
    *poof* water under the bridge. 😂