Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Options

Replies

• Andie_815
    Andie_815 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Checking in this morning. I’m on a staycation this week with my kids since they are on spring break. It’s definitely been a rough start and it’s only Tuesday. Since I am the only one in my house that is Keto, the snacks are driving me crazy haha. I did go shopping last night to replenish my food/snacks but it’s definitely much easier to stay focused when I am at work.

I am taking my boys out for lunch then for frozen yogurt after. I will not be having the frozen yogurt so I am bringing lots of water with me.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    bouncy bouncy. Back down a pound. Hoping it will go back down further soon.
    My shoulder is being hateful in response to the pushups and bodyweight rows I did yesterday. Off to finish my lc breakfast wrap (at 3pm :joy: ) and take a nice long yardhike
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Checking in. OMAD a today. Feeling good. Scale back in the right direction today.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    My weight is up today. I'm getting frustrated but not giving up. I guess I just have to be patient with my body as it's been through some stuff....Overall I do feel better low carb so that's something to embrace.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Busy kiddo stuff been going on and bouncy scale. To be rewarded by a drop this a.m.
    173.6, new pandemic low! Of course it will bounce up tomorrow or something. But today I will be proud of my consistent efforts to KCKO. I actually met my weight goal this month for the first time since January.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    My weight is up today. I'm getting frustrated but not giving up. I guess I just have to be patient with my body as it's been through some stuff....Overall I do feel better low carb so that's something to embrace.
    It’s not something. It’s the most important thing! The scale will come around.

• cjsunnyside
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Busy kiddo stuff been going on and bouncy scale. To be rewarded by a drop this a.m.
    173.6, new pandemic low! Of course it will bounce up tomorrow or something. But today I will be proud of my consistent efforts to KCKO. I actually met my weight goal this month for the first time since January.
    Congrats!
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Another good OMAD day.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Def April Fools Day because my scale gave me another new low today, that it will yank out from under me tomorrow so...I'm wise to you, machine.
    And it's turned chilly again after being in the 70s. So 50s feels very cold. Brrrr.
    Anyway, KCKO
  • anglyn1
    Options
    I’m home sick today. I think it’s just my RA acting up where we went from summer whether to snow pretty much overnight! Anyhow taking it easy and resting. Eating on plan!
  • baconslave
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    I’m home sick today. I think it’s just my RA acting up where we went from summer whether to snow pretty much overnight! Anyhow taking it easy and resting. Eating on plan!

Aw. I hope you feel better pdq. :heart:

In other news, the Great Baconini's prediction was correct. Up a lb today. :unamused:
    Anyway, I'll be focusing on keeping my intake reasonable today. KCKO
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    I was up .5 today too.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    I had a pretty good week last week. Down 3 early in the week and up and down .5 for the last 3 days. Feeling pretty good l great in fact. I used to not even enjoy walking the dog my back aches so much. If I didn’t lost another lb it’s a win just how I am feeling. One issue is some leg cramps I get once in a while. I need to do some research and see if it’s something I’m ‘missing’ potassium or magnesium or something like that I think I saw before? I see a lot of keto folks supplement in the keto sub Reddit I follow. Anyone supplement or do you find you get what you need from whole food?
  • anglyn1
    Options
    I had a pretty good week last week. Down 3 early in the week and up and down .5 for the last 3 days. Feeling pretty good l great in fact. I used to not even enjoy walking the dog my back aches so much. If I didn’t lost another lb it’s a win just how I am feeling. One issue is some leg cramps I get once in a while. I need to do some research and see if it’s something I’m ‘missing’ potassium or magnesium or something like that I think I saw before? I see a lot of keto folks supplement in the keto sub Reddit I follow. Anyone supplement or do you find you get what you need from whole food?

I will occasionally use some electrolyte stuff I got on Amazon called Lyteshow, it has salt, magnesium, and potassium but not in very high amounts. Mainly I try to just use more salt or will have a cup of broth for a snack if I'm feeling off. I have used magnesium supplements but I'm sort of bad about remembering to take it. I am hesitant to take potassium because too much can be dangerous and I've had family members get sick taking supplements for it. That's just me though, I know tons of people use it and are fine. I think if you google Keto-ade there are recipes for electrolyte blends using the no-salt seasonings which contain potassium and some other items.
  • baconslave
    Options
    I take a mag supplement and make my own ketoade daily (salt, NuSalt, and water flavoring). I also do probiotics for gut health and take collagen since I'm getting older every minute.

Other than that I don't take any other supplements.

Forgot to weigh as I got a late start from poor sleep. Going to the park so the kids can get sunshine. They are 11 and 13 (the younger ones) and too old to go play outside for fun anymore apparently. :unamused: So they won't stay outside unless forced. So here comes, mama. :naughty:
  • baconslave
    Options
    Got some better sleep.
    Weight is 173.2, so right at my new pandemic low.
    Park was nice. The kids had a good time. And most importantly they moved and weren't on a screen.

Today is another warm nice day. But to get to that nice outdoor workout, I have to first take the 17-year-old to his dual enrollment class and read in the car. I do wish a walking trail were close or something. The whole point of me sitting around there is to conserve gas. But I have a book.
    Anyway, off to KCKO.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm really wishing I had kept some of my bigger jeans instead of donating them. I may have to invest in a pair of 16s. I have 14s, 12s and 10s. I didn't anticipate going back up, but that is exactly what I did. Not really sure why, but I know it's just water weight. I've been more hungry lately, so I have been eating more. But not more than my BMR. I really dislike reading that losing weight is dependent upon a calorie deficit only. That it doesn't matter what composition of macro calories are, as long as you are eating at a calorie deficit, you could eat all carbs if you wanted to. It does matter. I went from eating less than 30-40 grams of carbs/day to almost 100 and I gained. And I haven't gone back down. I did go down briefly, but back up again. Well, I'm just going to do my thing and KCKO and wait for my body to realize that carbs will not be forthcoming any time soon! Thinking about going full carnivore!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    Still stalled on the scale. Still soldiering on. I am having an RA flare so that could contribute. I did a Barre workout on the deck yesterday. That was my first real core focused workout since my hysterectomy but my abs feel okay today. Considering going to a chocolate festival this weekend. I don't think it will be too detrimental because they'll be lots of walking, samples are small, and most won't be gluten free so I can't eat much. I more just want to get out and do something fun and different. I just wish the weather wasn't going to be cold and yucky. I'm sure this up and down weather is what is making my joints so angry.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Day 100! Started with .5 up on the scale again so there is that! It can only go up from here is not exactly the what I’m going for …on the scale anyway. The good news is I’m shrinking out of my clothes. The bad news is I had resigned to being the size I was so I bought some really nice clothes over the last couple years. ( plus gave away the stuff I’d grown out of) Basically brand new many of them since almost two years I’ve spent at home. Anyway may see a tailor about some of them. I’m down 43.5 and 26.5 to go. Trying a Mexican ground beef keto casserole tonight then our for a tea in the evening with a friend. That’s my day. That’s my check in.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I'm here, still trying to dial into the program. So happy to see this thread revitalized. It was a great source of inspiration and motivation to me in the past. Sorely in need of that now, pals.
    That's all I got for today. Back soon.