Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Options

Replies

• cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Busy out of the house today so easy peasy. No eating til dinner which was amazing. Roast beef and roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Now to avoid snacks during the hockey game which is a late start!
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Check in. Starving. Lol dinner is on the grill. Chicken tonight. At a market today with my biz and of course there was a table with peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cups, and choc covered pretzels on one side. Did I mention I love anything peanut butter. And on the other side was spirits. 😩 I did buy the pretzels to bring home, kids coming over tonight so for them only! I’m good and looking forward to chicken. Hope you all had a great weekend.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Not a great keto day; but no binging and calories were low... so not totally catastrophic.
    Steps are close to goal. I may or may not get there by bedtime. Again, not perfect but not bad.
    A Lazy Sunday. I hope to catch the eclipse tonite if it's possible with the naked eye.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    sorry I haven't had much to say but I'm stuck in one of my absurd plateaus for no reason. Again. Bouncing around 170. I'm not going to annoying;y constantly post "THIS IS DUMB, KCKO" every day. :joy: I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to. It will go down. Eventually. I'm doing the things like I should. Patience, Jess, patience.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Good day. No snacking. Golfed. Walked 18 ( usually ride a golf cart and get 6-8000 steps ) 14706 steps today! I’m exhausted. Chat tomorrow!
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @cjsunnyside @baconslave @elize7

Hi everyone, I’m new to the chat :) Is there anyone in the group doing 20:4 for intermittent fasting?
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »

Hi everyone, I’m new to the chat :) Is there anyone in the group doing 20:4 for intermittent fasting?

Most days I do 20:4 ish or OMAD. Depends what I’m doing that day or how I feel.

• cjsunnyside
    Options
    Busy day! Golfed two rounds, walking 9 of the 36 holes. I’m exhausted. Haha and it’s a late. Checking in again tomorrow.
  • BlissfulK
    Options

That’s amazing! It’s hard to find people who do 20:4 and almost daily. Is your diet Keto as well?
  • elize7
    Options
    Not doing 20:4 now, but I have in the past, and it worked very well for me. Would love to be back there, hopefully soon.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options

That’s amazing! It’s hard to find people who do 20:4 and almost daily. Is your diet Keto as well?

Yeah Keto all the way. I’m a carb addict need to abstain completely lol. Breakfast is an easy skip for me and when I started doing it I ate around noon with the family working from home but soon pushed it to at least 2. I just go by how I feel tho or what’s happening in life. Tuesday for example I golfed 36 holes so I had some lunch after the first round. Which was well after 2 but I also ate in the evening well past my eating window. C’est la vie !
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    So for my checkin… the down side of daily weigh ins lol I’m up 1.5 since yesterday. Lol so much for the new low. The benefit to daily tracking. I know exactly why. Didn’t drink as much water. Ate outside my eating window. This isn’t real. Just hanging on to water. Didn’t check my sugar yesterday I’d like to be more consistant there. Just to see how it reacts to what and when I eat. Info is power they say. I think haha. Have a great day.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    SSDD. Scale do-si-do. Just focusing on exercising good during the week. Handling all the things I have to handle. And waiting.
  • BlissfulK
    Options
    So for my checkin… the down side of daily weigh ins lol I’m up 1.5 since yesterday. Lol so much for the new low. The benefit to daily tracking. I know exactly why. Didn’t drink as much water. Ate outside my eating window. This isn’t real. Just hanging on to water. Didn’t check my sugar yesterday I’d like to be more consistant there. Just to see how it reacts to what and when I eat. Info is power they say. I think haha. Have a great day.

@cjsunnyside

Nice, never thought of daily tracking. Do you find it more helpful than weekly tracking?

I’m trying to switch my eating window to 7am to 10am, it’s been a bit challenging but I’ll get there :)

I’m primarily focused on calculating macro of meals and staying within daily ranges. Once that becomes a habit I’ll definitely get better about the eating window.

Yes, knowing your sugars while you eat would be amazing! If you’re into tech, Apple Watch Series 8 watch may come out with a blood sugar monitor. Idk how it would be possible but that would be amazing! ☺️
  • elize7
    Options
    Today was one of those days when I'm grateful that i managed to stay low carb...far from my desired keto, but I'm easily capable of taking it way worse.

I can't wait til I'm regularly reporting on keto successes instead of flip flopping around every other day. I'm really in a struggle zone right now and have been for far too long. I know the amazing benefits of keto first hand and I want them back!!

It's so good to have this check in thread here! It gives me hope.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options

@cjsunnyside

Nice, never thought of daily tracking. Do you find it more helpful than weekly tracking?

I’m trying to switch my eating window to 7am to 10am, it’s been a bit challenging but I’ll get there :)

I’m primarily focused on calculating macro of meals and staying within daily ranges. Once that becomes a habit I’ll definitely get better about the eating window.

Yes, knowing your sugars while you eat would be amazing! If you’re into tech, Apple Watch Series 8 watch may come out with a blood sugar monitor. Idk how it would be possible but that would be amazing! ☺️
    Tracking? If you are talking about my daily weigh in? I think there are different schools of thought on this. Probably not a good idea if you aren’t already because it bounces around there are so many factors. Honestly I’m just addicted to the scale also. I watched it go up all the way to 220 probably almost daily so it is a little more fun watching it go down haha. But useful? Prob not that much. Re the Apple Watch that doesn’t surprise me. The tech exists I think it wouldn’t be any different than a continuous glucose monitor I wouldn’t think.
    Keep at it and see you at your next check in!
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Pretty good day ! Chat tomorrow !
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Exhausted. Spring garden protect for my mom expecting frost tonight but the plants have to go in tomorrow ! Fab steak dinner. Man I need sleep. Bye for now.
  • elize7
    Options
    We're having a heat wave...a tropical heat wave🎶🎵🎶
    And thank the keto overlords because I had a great keto day.
    (Too hot to eat too much!!!)
  • BlissfulK
    Options

@cjsunnyside

Tracking? If you are talking about my daily weigh in? I think there are different schools of thought on this. Probably not a good idea if you aren’t already because it bounces around there are so many factors. Honestly I’m just addicted to the scale also. I watched it go up all the way to 220 probably almost daily so it is a little more fun watching it go down haha. But useful? Prob not that much. Re the Apple Watch that doesn’t surprise me. The tech exists I think it wouldn’t be any different than a continuous glucose monitor I wouldn’t think.
    Keep at it and see you at your next check in!

Thanks for sharing! ☺️

I planning to make the brownies today and will def share if they come at good 😊