Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    Arizona trip going great! Mom has an ancient dial scale that I can hardly read. I won’t be updating my weight but I have a baseline starting weight that I can use to kind of monitor and satisfy my need to step on the darn thing every day! Omad the last two days. Feel great. Tomorrow I may have a ballpark dog ( minus the bun ). Kind of against my ‘ban on processed food’ but We shall see how I feel and we are planning a steak house dinner out. Will be easy to stay on track there i think.

that's fantastic!

174.4 this morning. I'll take it while I get it. Good on-plan weekend even with a lc dessert Sat.
    Heading to a park with a nice path in a few before weather turns in the next couple days
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Just checking in. Yummy food day. I surprise myself daily vacationing what I can say no to and not feel like I’m missing a thing!
  • baconslave
    Options
    scale bounce yet again. This is going to be the longest 10lb in history.
    No option but to KCKO but man, it's annoying
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I get your angst @baconslave I "gained" a pound over night. Wracking my brain trying to figure out why, but nothing leaps out at me. Just have to KCKO but yeah, very annoying! Cyber hugs!
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Wow... actually found a thread on keto... it's been 17 days that I'm on keto... successfully maintaining ketosis that I confirm with the strips... but I feel I'm not losing weight like I previously did, inspite of consuming sufficient fats, not too much at the same time... and drinking atleast 3 litres of water...
    What else can I do... its so depressing..
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @Stefbomb2020 I have the same issue quitting and hopping back on. I'm just staying the course! Hang in there and welcome! :smiley:

I'm back from my weekend trip. I did have some minor indulgences but overall I'm proud of how I did. I have celiac disease so there are a lot of items I just don't ever encounter gluten free unless I travel. Asheville, NC is very, very gluten free friendly so you see a lot of things there you won't see offered anywhere else gluten free. So I carefully weighed my options and decided tiramisu and fried calamari were the two things I really needed to take advantage of so I made those work. There were so many amazing things I had to say no to however LOL....anyhow I'm up almost 3 lb. but I'm not too stressed as I think it's water. I'm just KCKO.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Wow... actually found a thread on keto... it's been 17 days that I'm on keto... successfully maintaining ketosis that I confirm with the strips... but I feel I'm not losing weight like I previously did, inspite of consuming sufficient fats, not too much at the same time... and drinking atleast 3 litres of water...

I was the same way. I ate Keto back in 2017 and lost a good amount of weight each week. This time around, not as much. Maybe because I'm older? Who knows. But I'm still loosing, just not as fast. Just need to stick with it. It sounds like you are doing everything right. Our bodies are weird. Good luck! Keep at it!
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Last day tomorrow in sunny Arizona and eating out almost every evening. Flying home to my scales lol. Food scale and the scale I’ve been having withdrawals over lol. Hoping to be down 2 lbs. I think I have done pretty good. Anyway just checking in.
  • anglyn1
    Options
    Back down to my pre-weekend weight so yay!
  • baconslave
    Options

I was the same way. I ate Keto back in 2017 and lost a good amount of weight each week. This time around, not as much. Maybe because I'm older? Who knows. But I'm still loosing, just not as fast. Just need to stick with it. It sounds like you are doing everything right. Our bodies are weird. Good luck! Keep at it!

I def think the age factors. I've mentioned this before but now that I'm in my 40s, I hold onto water for dear life, so it seems like I'm not losing anything sometimes for weeks or up to a month and then I'll finally let it go. For it to bounce around like an idiot. But the overall trend over time IS downward. Just have to KCKO and be patient which is soooo hard for me.

When the scale is a moron, we have to look to other measures. Joints feeling better? Feeling lighter? More energy? Clothes fitting better? Measurements going down? If we are doing all the things, really doing all of them, the scale eventually has no alternative but to cooperate. But sometimes it takes its own sweet time no matter how much we feel like raging at it. It will do what it will do. :weary:
  • baconslave
    Options
    Still about a pound up from my pandemic low...why?
    I'll just blame solar flares or whatever. KCKO.
  • anglyn1
    Options
    I too am having some bouncing on the scales. As above since I turned 40 things aren't so easy with the water weight. Also I had a hysterectomy 4 months ago but kept my ovaries, however they still can apparently act up due to the trauma. Also I see a lot of other people having issues with intense swelling with activity for a year or so post op so I'm just trying to KCKO. I do feel less bloated for sure.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    I thought I checked in already this morning. Apparently didn’t post. Down 1 from the week away. That’s a win for sure. Good to be home.
  • Andie_815
    Andie_815 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hope it’s ok that I joined this group. Not new to MFP but haven’t used it in awhile. I have been doing Keto since October 2021. I was actually Carnivore from October-January and then switched to Keto in February. I have always had a hard time losing weight and Carnivore/Keto has been the 1 thing that has worked for me.

I’m starting back at it today after taking a 2 week break. Gained 1 lb back while on that break but I don’t think that is too terrible. My new goal is to lose 5 lbs in April.
  • anglyn1
    Options
    @Andie_815 welcome! 1 lb. gain isn't bad at all for 2 weeks off! Sounds like you've found a nice balance that works for you.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Andie_815 wrote: »
    Hope it’s ok that I joined this group. Not new to MFP but haven’t used it in awhile. I have been doing Keto since October 2021. I was actually Carnivore from October-January and then switched to Keto in February. I have always had a hard time losing weight and Carnivore/Keto has been the 1 thing that has worked for me.

I’m starting back at it today after taking a 2 week break. Gained 1 lb back while on that break but I don’t think that is too terrible. My new goal is to lose 5 lbs in April.

Welcome any time!
    Yeah only 1lb is great after a break
  • kkymm
    kkymm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, this is the first time I have used this, I just posted a question on how to reply, lol. Now I see this is how. Didn't pop up before. Is it true, if you don't have too much weight to lose, you will lose it slower, EVEN on Keto?
  • kkymm
    kkymm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm signing off for now. I need to download App on my phone.... going for a RALK, run walk combo lol
  • baconslave
    Options
    So I've been busy with fam stuff. Children are time thieves for sure.
    I hit my new pandemic low Sat and then due to some refried beans in date night takeout and surprise carbs in inlaw food I'm back up almost 2lb today. Most of that is def whatever so I just have to wait for nature to take its course. I hadn't had that takeout in 2 years or a date night so I'm allowed.
    Anyway, KCKOing
    more busy kid nonsense this evening, but I'll shift my workout plans so I can make it happen
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    kkymm wrote: »
    Hello, this is the first time I have used this, I just posted a question on how to reply, lol. Now I see this is how. Didn't pop up before. Is it true, if you don't have too much weight to lose, you will lose it slower, EVEN on Keto?
    kkymm wrote: »

I think it’s common the lbs to drop more slowly for people close to their goal weight. I still have many to go so I’m hoping to keep dropping at the pace I am!!