Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Options

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Taking a road trip to my nephew's hockey game tomorrow. We'll only be gone overnight so I should be able to avoid temptations. Though this city has ton more gluten free options (I'm celiac) than my rural area so I will need to practice restraint.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Taking a road trip to my nephew's hockey game tomorrow. We'll only be gone overnight so I should be able to avoid temptations. Though this city has ton more gluten free options (I'm celiac) than my rural area so I will need to practice restraint.

Cheering you on. Hope all goes well!
  • baconslave
    Options
    more bouncy. I'm betting Lucifer's Waterfall is going to plague me soon.
    What can ya do bout that? (*shrug*)
    KCKO. Nice day though. Going to walk before it snows tomorrow.
    I need to make myself workout at least one day this weekend, just a walk or something, even thought the weather will be scummy. I do have walking vids and the treadmill. I just need to get offa my lazy behind
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I can’t believe it’s Friday. This week has gone by fast for some reason. Feeling good. Been on the bike 4 days in a row so that’s a win. Food has been good. My cals are low the days I eat OMAD which I was going to do today but between not taking out enough ground beef ( it was burger night) and feeling a bit hungry a couple hours before so I decided to have a tuna devilled egg ( which by the way are amazing ) and that brought up my cals a bit and I enjoyed my burger at dinner. Oh yeah scale didn’t move this morning. Until tomoorw.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Finally lost 50 pounds! I know tomorrow I will be back up there but for today...I am happy. Six and half months, lost 50 pounds. Less than 15 more to get to goal by my birthday in Sept. Which as long as I stick to the plan, shall be achieved! KCKO!!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    Survived the trip. Grabbed a low carb Chipotle bowl before Friday night's game. Saturday I had eggs and bacon and some berries at the hotel breakfast. We took our nephew to Jungle Jim's which is huge so I at least got some good walking time in. Lunch was a challenge. We went to the Melting Pot between games. I had mostly veggies with cheese and the meats, but I did get a little carried away with the gluten free brownies and chocolate course. Afterward I was back on track and stuck to cheese whisps, a chomps sugar free beef stick, and some coffee and cream for "dinner" in the car home. Wound up with a pretty bad migraine yesterday so I didn't eat much but stayed low carb.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Finally lost 50 pounds! I know tomorrow I will be back up there but for today...I am happy. Six and half months, lost 50 pounds. Less than 15 more to get to goal by my birthday in Sept. Which as long as I stick to the plan, shall be achieved! KCKO!!

kermit-frog.gif

Amazing! Onward after those 15!
  • baconslave
    Options
    scale still dumb. Hoping after the hormone sitch sorts itself it will cooperate. I did the right things this weekend to ensure that. Just gotta KCKO.
    Do need to figure out how to get my workout in today. The kids have a thing disrupting my schedule. But I'll make it work.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Up .5 today so I went thru my closet an threw out all the clothes that are too big for me now. I’m still going in the right direction.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    No movement on the scale today. I did only eat 4g of carbs! Feeling good
  • baconslave
    Options
    well the pogo stick ride continues. I'm back down to my postpandemic low again finally. For how long, who can tell. :joy:
  • anglyn1
    Options
    I'm not seeing much scale progress but years ago when I first started keto I think it was 3 weeks before I lost anything. I'm not sure why I don't get the whoosh of water weight other people do when they start low carb but it seems I'm immune. lol...at any rate I'm in week 3 now so I'm getting adapted to it. I have another weekend trip coming Friday to a good eating town so I'll have to be on guard.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Scale, I hate your face. Even though I know you don't have one, I hate it anyway. One day you may find yourself at the bottom of a lake.

So, y'all can guess what happened. :joy:
    KCKO
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Scale, I hate your face. Even though I know you don't have one, I hate it anyway. One day you may find yourself at the bottom of a lake.

KCKO

Omg I did a real LOL almost spit out my sleepy time tea! You are inspiring !

• cjsunnyside
    Options
    OMAD today. Feel good. Leaving in the morning to visit Mom in sunny Arizona. I live in a dream land I know but I’m hoping the snow is gone when I’m back 😜. Is it obsessive that I want to pack my scale with me? (I’m not talking about the food scale)
  • baconslave
    Options
    OMAD today. Feel good. Leaving in the morning to visit Mom in sunny Arizona. I live in a dream land I know but I’m hoping the snow is gone when I’m back 😜. Is it obsessive that I want to pack my scale with me? (I’m not talking about the food scale)

Maybe a tad obsessive but all of us here feel you for sure! We work so hard and want to make sure we stay on track. Because even though we know it doesn't work this way, we want all our excess weight gone YESTERDAY. And we want it to hurry. We don't want to have to back track.

But you got this. And enjoy Arizona for us!
  • baconslave
    Options

KCKO

Omg I did a real LOL almost spit out my sleepy time tea! You are inspiring !

Well as Roger Rabbit said "If you ain't got a sense of humor, you're better off dead." Gotta try to find some levity when things REPETITIVELY don't go as they should.

This flub does not belong. Go away. k thanks bye. :triumph:
    It will eventually. I'm too stubborn this time to be outlasted.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Well then. 174.6. New post-covid low. Focusing on keeping it this weekend. Eyes on the prize
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Well then. 174.6. New post-covid low. Focusing on keeping it this weekend. Eyes on the prize
    Well done!

• cjsunnyside
    Options
    Arizona trip going great! Mom has an ancient dial scale that I can hardly read. I won’t be updating my weight but I have a baseline starting weight that I can use to kind of monitor and satisfy my need to step on the darn thing every day! Omad the last two days. Feel great. Tomorrow I may have a ballpark dog ( minus the bun ). Kind of against my ‘ban on processed food’ but We shall see how I feel and we are planning a steak house dinner out. Will be easy to stay on track there i think.