Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    edited February 2022
    I will do that.
    Hello all from Mexico! My newest scale issue..I don’t have one and I’m feeling anxious about it. I’m talking about the one I stand on and the one I weigh my food on! Don’t get me wrong I am thoroughly enjoying my vacation and will continue to do so but I’m nervous about my guesstimations and I don’t want any bad surprises when I get home! But damn I make a great margarita! Walked home from dinner again tonight for 4000 or so steps. Omg I wish I had the tech to load a pic here to show you my keto dinner I think all you meat loving friends would be in awe! Friend me on Facebook if you want to check it out!! Carissa McKee

My initials are JB, btw, so you know who the random weirdo requester is. :joy:

Try not to stress too much. Don't get "stuffed" eating. But do enjoy yourself. Stay active, which you sound like you are doing. One vacation week isn't going to break all your progress. The scale will be a jerk, but water weight will go. And you're going to get back on track when you return. All that to say, have a fantastic vacation, no worries. You have this.

• baconslave
    HOLY COW. I got on the scale this morning and it read 178. Like I lost a lb over the day yesterday. Yikes. But I'll take it. I hope it stays.

Yesterday was so stressful. Especially the drive back. Lighting was poor, it was dark, and raining... :grimace: But I did well eating-wise even with chicken nugget carbs which I made work by eating almost none the rest of the day.

Hoping to get a good workout in even though the temp has tanked and it's nasty so I'll be inside.
    KCKO in the hectic life.
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Its Sunday already! So yesterday was a bit of a bust! I was eating like normal which was nothing til noon then a small treat of cheese. Then like the first few Days of vacation and accounting for my allotted margaritas lol well yesterday it was too much. 2 margaritas was too much! Let’s just say I’m probably done with alcohol for a while so keto on vacation should be a breeze for the rest of the time. Feeling better Today 13000 steps in touring around so that’s cool and my hangover
    Is finally gone. Can’t weigh in. No scale. Have a great week everyone.
  • cjsunnyside
    Monday check in. How are
    You all doing? No idea really my ingredients at supper bit I think i avoided carbs and stayed online with cals. I guess I’ll know for sure on Sunday when I’m home. Feeling good today. Chill day by the pool. No booze hahah!
  • Howdy!

42/f here. Day 2 of Keto. Did it a couple years ago and lost almost 70 pounds, but then life and COVID happened and here I am. Gained it all back and then some. I'm currently 340. GW for now is 250. More important than weight, however, is to reverse my NAFLD, lower my BP, and stop the exacerbation of my Chiari Malformation and MG.

Ultimately, I'll probably shoot for the 200-215 range. I am happy and healthy at that weight.

Movement is difficult for me because of the aforementioned conditions. Too much puts me down for the count, so I have to be very careful. The problem I have is that "too much" changes from day to day. I do BodyGroove because I can do very light movement, but still move.

Any tips or tricks are welcome. I'm not doing net carbs, I'm doing straight carbs - 20-30 per day.

I feel better already. More energy. I do feel the keto flu coming on, though. But I got through it quickly last time around, so I'm hoping it's the same this time around!

Good luck everyone!

• baconslave
    Howdy!

42/f here. Day 2 of Keto. Did it a couple years ago and lost almost 70 pounds, but then life and COVID happened and here I am. Gained it all back and then some. I'm currently 340. GW for now is 250. More important than weight, however, is to reverse my NAFLD, lower my BP, and stop the exacerbation of my Chiari Malformation and MG.

Ultimately, I'll probably shoot for the 200-215 range. I am happy and healthy at that weight.

Movement is difficult for me because of the aforementioned conditions. Too much puts me down for the count, so I have to be very careful. The problem I have is that "too much" changes from day to day. I do BodyGroove because I can do very light movement, but still move.

Any tips or tricks are welcome. I'm not doing net carbs, I'm doing straight carbs - 20-30 per day.

I feel better already. More energy. I do feel the keto flu coming on, though. But I got through it quickly last time around, so I'm hoping it's the same this time around!

Good luck everyone!

Hey, welcome!
    If you'll go to page 4 of this thread about midway (https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10853815/daily-check-in-for-keto-friends-volume-4/p4), someone else asked the question about tips and I gave a lengthy reply and a couple posts down someone else added their ideas.

Also if you're into a deep dive. Reddit Keto's FAQ will answer loads of questions.
    Remember keto flu is just electrolyte imbalance so make sure you are replenishing sodium, potassium and magnesium for a bit until you get re-adapted.
    Here's a moderate length blabber on the topic I wrote for the other low-carb group I mod that has all carb levels but the article applies regardless: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10358179/low-sodium-and-keto-flu-electrolyte-imbalance-may-be-your-problem#latest

HTH :smile:
  • baconslave
    As for me I have no idea what the scale is doing today...because I forgot to weigh in a hurry this a.m. I am mentally unhinged today. Perimenopause is grand. Anywho...it doesn't matter what the scale is saying because yesterday was on-point and so will be today. KCKO.
  • cjsunnyside
    Quick check in. Great vacation day and food was good too. I think not so many cals, but all my carbs were all veggies nothing naughty. Did I mention lobster and butter?
    I don’t want to come home but I am anxious to have my scales back!
  • baconslave
    Quick check in. Great vacation day and food was good too. I think not so many cals, but all my carbs were all veggies nothing naughty. Did I mention lobster and butter?

I've been so glad to hear and see that you're having such a great vacay!

• baconslave
    Scale is same. KCKO
  • baconslave
    Scale is up a pound, the jerk! Oh well, KCKO.

Busy as heck. Spare cars died. Have to play Uber for the college kid. Everything is a mess. Still. KCKO. :smile:
  • cjsunnyside
    Good Morning. Last 1/2 day in Mexico have to head to the airport in the afternoon. As soon as I’ve had some coffee, maybe pack I’ll be down to the poolside til at least noon! Tho we don’t want to head home I am anxious to see my pups. But also to see my progress. I have stayed on track as well as one could without my food scale. Yes you can eat well in Mexico and even avoid carbs. I know I haven’t gained I’m certain of that. But I do hope the scale thinks I’ve done as well as I do! Happy Friday. Have a great weekend.
  • ladylite0623
    ladylite0623 Posts: 2 Member

You are inspiring me. I started keto 7 weeks ago. I'm down 18 lbs, whoo hoo. I am taking a cruise in a couple of weeks and while there is tons of food options, I am cautiously optimistic that I've set a good foundation. I'm not planning on much alcohol but I do enjoy a good glass of Hennessy 😋.

So thank you for proving sticking to the plan is doable on vacation.
  • baconslave
    edited February 2022

You are inspiring me. I started keto 7 weeks ago. I'm down 18 lbs, whoo hoo. I am taking a cruise in a couple of weeks and while there is tons of food options, I am cautiously optimistic that I've set a good foundation. I'm not planning on much alcohol but I do enjoy a good glass of Hennessy 😋.

It's doable for sure. I haven't done any vacationing in awhile, but back when I lost to my goal weight in 2015, I was able to manage it. It's possible. There's more to life than stuffing yourself with carbs, right? And once you decide and feel that, you can't still enjoy your leisure time without that weighing you down.

Here I am, the scale yo-yoing. Just KCKO. And try to make sure that I don't eat too much. Saturday problems. But it's getting easier.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
  • cjsunnyside

Well I did include alcohol in my plan, not a lot, but it was too much for the way in which I was eating so. I ‘over did it’ one day and didn’t drink after day four or five. Still had a great time. Ate the guac but chips I thought would be a tough one. I know to be successful I have to completely abstain from my triggers! And I did. I ate VERY WELL and missed out on nothing and most exciting didn’t lose momentum!!
    Whatever you decide don’t put too much pressure on yourself. It’s a vacation. I think my best advise is just keep tracking so you know where you are at each step of the way ! Have a great cruise!

• cjsunnyside
    Home last night! Great vacation! Great weather! Great Company! Great Food! Yes you can eat well and stay on plan on Vacation! 10 days and down 4 lbs! I may have done a little dance when I saw 189 on the scale this morning! 8vi18xnrm9c3.jpeg
    1il5yf4x65eg.jpeg
    gcsuwfq4ulcz.jpeg
    h2ehofhftlsk.jpeg
    zx94myp477ym.jpeg
  • cjsunnyside
    Last day of the month. I went to a Cabi clothing party last night. I love when clothes on the rack fit and feel good. A fun indicator of my progress! Plus friends that haven’t seen me for a while want to know the ‘magic’
  • cjsunnyside
    Checking in. I’ve been home for a few days now and haven’t resumed cycling. It’s not my focus but I only got about 300 steps today around the house haha. And that’s a good day. Flying to my sisters tomorrow for the weekend to help her sell her wares at a woman’s show. Concentrating on my food with a good exercise excuse for the next few days. Haha!
  • baconslave
    Sorry. Busy busy Mom-Uber days
    the inlaws carb poisoned me. Our definitions of low-carb differ wildly apparently. But that's ok.
    Scale still stuck up at 178.6. I somehow aggravated my sciatic nerve, and also am having an autoimmune flare so the whole right side of my body is ouchy in the joints and spine. So exercise is still happening but is mostly just walking until it sorts itself out.

KCKO and waiting for the scale to cooperate.
  • cjsunnyside
    Arrived at my sisters today and she had steak and veggies ready for me to prepare. I did the cooking so keto on!