Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Options

Replies

• NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    So after the last couple of months of seeing small losses, looks like I'm back on the move downward again! I weighed in at 171.2! So it's been going well I'd say! I can't wait to be under 170! Yesterday I tried on a pair of size 14 jeans that I had bought last fall. And they fit without being too tight! They were actually comfortable! So I'm hoping this trend continues, but not counting on it! We shall see! Have a great day everyone!
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great advice NY. Waiting on a call from the Dr office. They always call when my weekly numbers are out of whack.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    So after the last couple of months of seeing small losses, looks like I'm back on the move downward again! I weighed in at 171.2! So it's been going well I'd say! I can't wait to be under 170! Yesterday I tried on a pair of size 14 jeans that I had bought last fall. And they fit without being too tight! They were actually comfortable! So I'm hoping this trend continues, but not counting on it! We shall see! Have a great day everyone!

Fantastic!
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Well turns out when taking this medication I am not allowed to be on a keto diet😢
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    trekkie123 wrote: »
    Well turns out when taking this medication I am not allowed to be on a keto diet😢

Awww! Did they give you any tips on how to lose weight safely for you?
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ughhhh , just learning that Keto is messing with the effects of medication that I take Warfarin AKA Coumadin. Now what????

I hope you have a doctor that knows Keto to support you and potentially adjust medications as needed. Good luck!
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    So I actually came within 200 cals of my 1200 'goal' in MFP for the first time in weeks... of course my carbs are WAY TOO HIGH! I'll see what happens, I'm still under 1200 so for the calories in calories out model today won't hurt me too much. Our family has subscribed to Hello Fresh and having 3 meals a week delivered. Tasty and great for variety. We are ordering their 'carb smart' meals which are not very carb smart haha BUT i have been adjusting the ingredients for my portion. My husband is just counting cals, doing Noom actually. And my son eats most of what is cooked for him as you would expect. Tonight I should have just had another dressing for the salad but the way the meal was put together the dressing ingredients went into the pan with the mushrooms and shallots then into the spinach and other ingredients so most of the carbs are veggies (and I've been doing with...most veggies are free) BUT the worst ingredient was honey. Any way just for ease I told my husband not to worry about it it would be OK. of course I had yogurt and ... you'll like this @baconslave ALMONDS! so I already had 7g net carbs before dinner!!! Anyway, that's my check in for today. Maybe i should go for a ride but If I'm honest that's unlikely at this time of night haha! Chat tomorrow!
  • baconslave
    Options
    So I actually came within 200 cals of my 1200 'goal' in MFP for the first time in weeks... of course my carbs are WAY TOO HIGH! I'll see what happens, I'm still under 1200 so for the calories in calories out model today won't hurt me too much. Our family has subscribed to Hello Fresh and having 3 meals a week delivered. Tasty and great for variety. We are ordering their 'carb smart' meals which are not very carb smart haha BUT i have been adjusting the ingredients for my portion. My husband is just counting cals, doing Noom actually. And my son eats most of what is cooked for him as you would expect. Tonight I should have just had another dressing for the salad but the way the meal was put together the dressing ingredients went into the pan with the mushrooms and shallots then into the spinach and other ingredients so most of the carbs are veggies (and I've been doing with...most veggies are free) BUT the worst ingredient was honey. Any way just for ease I told my husband not to worry about it it would be OK. of course I had yogurt and ... you'll like this @baconslave ALMONDS! so I already had 7g net carbs before dinner!!! Anyway, that's my check in for today. Maybe i should go for a ride but If I'm honest that's unlikely at this time of night haha! Chat tomorrow!

NUTS! :joy:

Honey is def not carb smart. Just bc it's "natural" means nothing to the body. Sugar is sugar. Sillies! Well you are doing the best you can. Less carbs are less, and you'll get to the number you want eventually.

Scale went down again. Down to 179.8. When will it bounce back up again for awhile? Who knows. Though I think I'm starting to detect a pattern. Right before Lucifer's Waterfall visits I lose a bit. And then during and after I bounce up and stay until the next week before the Monthly Doom. But do lose inches. We'll see in the next couple months if I'm right. That knowledge would help my brain and inner brat process when the scale is mean.

Anyway, making plans for tomorrow in which I hide the nuts from myself and plan everything out in advance so I don't...go nuts on Saturday. :joy:

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll be around.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

NUTS! :joy:

Honey is def not carb smart. Just bc it's "natural" means nothing to the body. Sugar is sugar. Sillies! Well you are doing the best you can. Less carbs are less, and you'll get to the number you want eventually.

Scale went down again. Down to 179.8. When will it bounce back up again for awhile? Who knows. Though I think I'm starting to detect a pattern. Right before Lucifer's Waterfall visits I lose a bit. And then during and after I bounce up and stay until the next week before the Monthly Doom. But do lose inches. We'll see in the next couple months if I'm right. That knowledge would help my brain and inner brat process when the scale is mean.

Anyway, making plans for tomorrow in which I hide the nuts from myself and plan everything out in advance so I don't...go nuts on Saturday. :joy:

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll be around.

I'm up .5 today and last night watching tv was the first time in 39 days that I had cravings or felt like snacking. I did not. But I know it's the honey. Sugar = cravings for a carb addict like me. I will not be persuaded to do this again! Until Mexico, we leave in 12 days. I do plan to drink a few Margarita's. Planning to count calories and keep my carb intake from food low so I don't completely blow my progress but I'm definitely going to enjoy some Margaritas. What do you think?
  • cjsunnyside
    Options

Awww! Did they give you any tips on how to lose weight safely for you?

Have you seen the Carb Addiction Doc ? You might find this interesting at least! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDbPdnTZIzY
  • baconslave
    Options
    Guess what happened? That darn scale.
    181.2 :rage:

Oh well. KCKO. I have my Saturday plan. :+1:
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Guess what happened? That darn scale.
    181.2 :rage:

Oh well. KCKO. I have my Saturday plan. :+1:

That's right...KCKO! I hate the scale somedays! LOL...I used to feel it was personally out to get me! I have this thing I do before weighing in. Before I started losing weight, I couldn't encircle my wrist with my thumb and middle finger. Now I can. I remember the first time my 2 fingers touched, I was ecstatic! Now, if my thumb overlaps my middle finger, I know it's a going to be a good weigh in. Like I just did it and my fingers touched but not by much. Of course, I've eaten and drank water. So if I were to weigh myself right now, I'd probably be close to or over 175 despite weighing at 171 this morning. I know better than to try that! LOL! Other than at the doctor's office, I only weigh after first bathroom activities and before taking my shower first thing in the morning. And by then, I've fasted for at least 10 hours. To me, only that weigh in counts. LOL!

Stick to the plan! KCKO! B)
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Hope you all had a great weekend. I’m trying to update my weight on the February weekly check in thread. I don’t see how I can edit my first post and enter todays weight. I’m on my phone if that matters. Let me know!
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    Hope you all had a great weekend. I’m trying to update my weight on the February weekly check in thread. I don’t see how I can edit my first post and enter todays weight. I’m on my phone if that matters. Let me know!

You go up to your previous entry, copy it and paste into a new comment. We unfortunately can't edit any of our old posts.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    I went up 2 pounds since Saturday. :( But totally my fault. I know where I messed up. Back on plan today and should see a loss within a couple of days. But it is disheartening.
  • baconslave
    Options
    I stuck to the plan. Scale went down a half pound but is still up. Of course, hormones... kwim? :unamused:

Just doing the thing. Trusting the process. Gonna be a hectic day.
  • baconslave
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Scale is still dumb. I'm doing the thing. Waiting for scale cooperation.
    30-rock-liz-eye-roll.gif?w=500
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Well I liked the scale this morning. Down 1.5 from yesterday haha. I’ve been about 2 lbs per week the last few weeks so we will see if that averages back out. Feeling great. That’s it that’s all.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Well I liked the scale this morning. Down 1.5 from yesterday haha. I’ve been about 2 lbs per week the last few weeks so we will see if that averages back out. Feeling great. That’s it that’s all.

Noice!
  • baconslave
    Options
    180.4 so back down but not as far as my recent low.
    Counting calories and carbs and exercising. So doing the normal.
    KCKO