Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Arrived at my sisters today and she had steak and veggies ready for me to prepare. I did the cooking so keto on!

Fantastic!
    Wishing you all success at the show.
  • baconslave
    Um. Get to drive a teen around...in a truck that drives like a continent! Yay. :unamused:
    Busy. Scale is dumb. KCKO.
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Busy day setting up etc. Schedule out of whack so eating is too. Eating window late And stretched, over in cals. Worst thing I ate tho was almonds. Let’s see how the rest of the weekend goes. I will boil some eggs and figure out something else in the morning to take with us. Also didn’t drink enough water. Hershey I can handle a Mexican vacay but a little ‘work combined with routine shuffle’ is beating me up! Tomorrow is another day.
  • baconslave
    burning fibro pain...oof. Neck is still special but better so more "just walking" today.
    Scale went up .2 more which is not as much as I expected because I devoured some very salty delicious pork shoulder yesterday.

Just trying to KCKO.
  • cjsunnyside
    Long day. Tired. Sore feet. Forgot to boil eggs last night so we ordered in. I thought it was chicken souvlaki my sister said it was pork lol. It was good. Filling. Bed early and. Back at the show tomorrow so no time for snacks. I wasn’t even tempted for a second by the mini donuts! lol
  • baconslave
    Long day. Tired. Sore feet. Forgot to boil eggs last night so we ordered in. I thought it was chicken souvlaki my sister said it was pork lol. It was good. Filling. Bed early and. Back at the show tomorrow so no time for snacks. I wasn’t even tempted for a second by the mini donuts! lol

Noice!
  • baconslave
    New low today. 177.0. To be followed tomorrow most likely by some bouncing most likely. But as long as the lows keep getting lower. KCKO. Focusing on not eating too many calories today.
  • cjsunnyside
    baconslave wrote: »
    New low today. 177.0. To be followed tomorrow most likely by some bouncing most likely. But as long as the lows keep getting lower. KCKO. Focusing on not eating too many calories today.

Congrats! I’m excited for you and your new low!
  • cjsunnyside
    Just home from my weekend away and helping out my sister. Was a fun weekend didn’t eat anything bad just not my usual meal times. I feel like I am more in control with routine. Easy to fast since we had no time to eat and I’m only unhappy with my almond snacking on the one night. Overall calories were low for sure tho I expect higher than I have logged due to not being the cook. Anyway she has a scale but I’ll step on mine tomorrow because I think you’ll all agree you can only use
    One scale ! Hubby cooking something good tonight. Can’t wait!
  • pggr
    pggr Posts: 1 Member
    Hello all. I've decided it's time to get serious about losing weight and getting healthier. I'm 64 yrs old, 5'2" and weigh more than I've ever weighed, 243.2! I decided to quit smoking then Covid hit and everything went crazy. Between the 2 I put on an extra 25 pounds! I'm starting with low carb, I feel like strict keto would be to much for me (at least to start with). I've got a serious sugar/carb addiction I need to break! I'm tired of always feeling tired!! I'm hoping losing weight and eating healthier will give me my energy back and help with all the aches and pains I'm having in my joints.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 505 Member
    @pggr That is me. I quit smoking over 8 years ago. Gained. Lost with Keto in 2017. Moved. Gained. Covid hit. Gained some more. Finally in August of last year, I decided it was time to do something. I started off slow for a couple of weeks, then the end of August, I switched to full on Keto. I'm a HUGE pasta lover. So it was very hard at first. I've lost almost 50 pounds since then. My knees no longer bother me, but my hips still do. I have about 15-20 more pounds to go. I definitely have more energy now but that didn't happen right away. I'm 58, 5'5". I am now less than I've been in YEARS and owe it all to Keto.
  • baconslave
    whoa. 176.4 for me this a.m. Another new low. I'll take it while I can get it! I didn't do as great on Saturday as I would have liked, but not a blowout. Need to do better this weekend.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Hi, I haven't been on the keto group in years and I was actually intending to be just low carb but my carb totals are pretty much keto level right now so I hope it's ok if I join you guys! I was keto several years ago and lost over 50 lbs and maintained for almost 3 years. Well due to some issues with endometriosis and adenomyosis I was having a lot of pain, taking a lot of nsaids, and flaring up my existing gastritis so to appease my angry stomach I started eating carbs. Then I continued to eat those carbs after the worst of the gastritis passed. Now here I am back to nearly my highest weight ever. In November I had a hysterectomy and am getting back to normal from that. Anyhow I'm ready to try to get my diet on track again!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Howdy!

42/f here. Day 2 of Keto. Did it a couple years ago and lost almost 70 pounds, but then life and COVID happened and here I am. Gained it all back and then some. I'm currently 340. GW for now is 250. More important than weight, however, is to reverse my NAFLD, lower my BP, and stop the exacerbation of my Chiari Malformation and MG.

I haven't see any posts from you since this one but if you are still on here I too have a Chiari Malformation. I had surgery in October of 2012 and was lucky to have a great outcome and a lot of symptoms resolved. I hope you are doing well managing the condition!
  • cjsunnyside
    Good to be home and back in routine. At least for now. OMAD today was an amazing steak dinner. Yum. And I was back on the bike today for the first time since before vacation so that’s a win!
  • baconslave
    Good to be home and back in routine. At least for now. OMAD today was an amazing steak dinner. Yum. And I was back on the bike today for the first time since before vacation so that’s a win!

that was a good looking hunk of beef! Good for you getting right back in routine.
  • baconslave
    Lost another lb out of nowhere. Which just shows how much water I retain for no reason other than to mess with my head I guess. Waiting for the scale hokey-pokey to recommence. But I'm doing the right things. KCKO and all that jazz. :smile:
  • cjsunnyside
    35 lbs down this morning on the scale so 35 to go! I know it will be slower now but I am feeling great! It shall be done!
  • baconslave
    35 lbs down this morning on the scale so 35 to go! I know it will be slower now but I am feeling great! It shall be done!

Fantastic! Half way there! congrats!
  • baconslave
    so...guess what happened? Shocker of all shocks. :joy:
    Yep. Scale bounced up .4lb. Whatever. KCKO.
    But I'm still exactly halfway there to getting rid of the pandemic chub! Onward and downward. Whenever the scale is done jerking me around. :sweat_smile: