Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Options

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    My weight was down a little this morning but still not to the lowest it hit since starting low carb at the first of March....I probably shouldn't weigh every single day but I do.
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    I'm here, still trying to dial into the program. So happy to see this thread revitalized. It was a great source of inspiration and motivation to me in the past. Sorely in need of that now, pals.
    That's all I got for today. Back soon.

Welcome back!
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    My weight was down a little this morning but still not to the lowest it hit since starting low carb at the first of March....I probably shouldn't weigh every single day but I do.
    I’m addicted to the scale and can’t wait to get on it in the morning! It’s fine as long as the up and down and days it doesn’t move at all don’t mess with your head! If it does, then perhaps you shouldn’t. I think there are many schools of thought on this! Just Keep going!

• anglyn1
    Options
    Well today the scale bumped me back up almost 2 lbs. which really has me down. I'm basically netting about 1 lb. of loss in over a month. :'( Discouraged for sure.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    Well today the scale bumped me back up almost 2 lbs. which really has me down. I'm basically netting about 1 lb. of loss in over a month. :'( Discouraged for sure.

I'm so sorry. My first 2 months back to keto I should have been losing 4lb a month and was just losing 1.5-2. Finally in the 3rd month it's been clipping along better and I hit my goal weight last month for the first time. I don't know that I will this month though. My scale is so derpy. I'm going through peri and then when I have a flare, and then a period, and sometimes both at once... Well, being a woman isn't fun sometimes :joy:

I hope your scale stops messing around soon. :heart:
  • anglyn1
    edited April 2022
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

I'm so sorry. My first 2 months back to keto I should have been losing 4lb a month and was just losing 1.5-2. Finally in the 3rd month it's been clipping along better and I hit my goal weight last month for the first time. I don't know that I will this month though. My scale is so derpy. I'm going through peri and then when I have a flare, and then a period, and sometimes both at once... Well, being a woman isn't fun sometimes :joy:

I hope your scale stops messing around soon. :heart:

Thanks....I have read so many conflicting things but I almost wonder if should bump my carbs up slightly. I need to do more investigation regarding the whole peri thing and autoimmune issues. So much fun! Since my hysterectomy I don't have an actual period but I have ovaries so we go through the motions hormonally. I call it the phantom menace! :D
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Checking in. Good Omad day. Salmon so pretty low in cals which means I was low on cals for the day. Really low. Anyway I feel great so … heading south tomorrow to drive mom north. 3 days on the road. I like to eat sunflower seeds on long road trips. So I’ll have to watch the carbs for sure. Have a great weekend.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Scale is stuck but that's fine. Period time and no scale bounce? Yay!
    Just need to focus on not eating too much today.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Almonds 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • anglyn1
    Options
    Survived the chocolate festival. I could have done better I’m sure but I did enjoy myself and tried to not overdo it. The weather was crazy. All seasons in one day taking turns. One minute it would be sunny and getting warm ish and then sleet or snow. Sadly my boots gave me blisters on the balls of my feet and it was like a horror movie when I took my socks off. I’ll be hobbling around this week for sure. Back on plan today!
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ouch!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    Productive day yesterday despite my feet. I did a pilates workout on the mat to stay off my feet. I hobbled around to vacuum, sweep, mop, and wash clothes. I kept to keto choices. I didn't seem to have any real cravings re-emerge from Saturday's chocolate. Of course the scale is not playing nice but I'll carry on.
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    On the road thru winter storms today in 3 states I’m exhausted. Splurged on seasoned Spitz my go long distance road trip snack. Little high in carbs
    For the mass quantity haha but shouldn’t hurt me. Big steak for dinner and now rest. 6 hours to my Brothers tomorrow. Leave my mom there and fly home the next day. I’m not off track but I’ll be happy to get back on routine.
  • anglyn1
    Options
    Safe travels @cjsunnyside. Good job sticking to your goals on the road! :smile:
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm trying a new strategy today of getting solidly back to keto. Eating a little more beef and fat earlier in the day so i can be full and hopefully bypass the evening cravings. Hope it works. I'm focusing on the next two weeks only, since that seems to be the amount of time until I hit my stride with this WOE.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Haven't a lot to say. Ate a bit more than I wanted on Saturday but not above maintenance. And on Sunday hubby made me some "lower-carb" chicken nuggets that made be gain 1.8lb and it still hasn't left. So I'm being a sulky brat. Still KCKO though. But salty about it. :joy:
  • anglyn1
    Options
    I'm still keto-ing on. Up and down on the scale. Not too worried about Easter dinner because my in-laws are not very good about understanding what is and is not gluten free so I usually only eat the meats and plain veggies at their dinners anyhow.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Back down to 172.6...not the lowest but isn't 173.8 so yay!
    Got a tricky weekend. Saturday to navigate. And then dinner at the inlaws Sunday. Note to self: their low-carb sausage balls aren't very low-carb. Do like Anglyn1 and KISS!
  • cjsunnyside
    Options
    Happy Easter weekend. Well the downward pace of this journey has definitely slowed. I’m up and down the same half pound this week or so. Granted I was on the road for 4 days so hopefully I’ll ‘catch up’ being home this week. Reno’s in the basement moving along so no excuse to get back on the bike as it’s back in its space. Also the golf course opens next week!! I’m excited but it still so cold here. Trying to snow as I type. We are having leftover brisket tonight and bought a small Turkey for tomorrow. We are just 3 (5 when our other son and his gf join us) no extended family so no pressure to eat something we aren’t sure of the ingredients so that’s good. Anyway! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Getting closer to my food plan goals, but still not the fierce keto warrior of my past. I miss that woman. Still, a good day is a good day and can turn into a streak...and I'm banking on that.